+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Clausewitz Positions Editor

Clausewitz Positions Editor

Current version is Beta 4 (May 14, 2011)

Quick download link

What is it?
    If you mod maps, you should already have run across the old version. If not, then you're in for a treat.

This is a little program (or at least it used to be little) that lets you graphically place the positions found in positions.txt. Simple as that.

It now supports (in theory) any Clausewitz game. This includes even unreleased games, so long as they don't make major structural changes to the map files. Support for any new Clausewitz game can be added by editing position_types.txt to give the structure of the game's positions.txt file.

Caution
    This is still a beta version. There are most likely bugs. This program may ruin your game, your hard drive, or your living room. Slippery when wet. Harmful or fatal if swallowed.

Download here
    but don't say I didn't warn you
    Last edited by MichaelM; 15-05-2011 at 08:34.

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor (EU4-Compatible) - New! Version 0.8.6 released 24 August 2014! ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    EU2: EU2 Map Positions Editor (alpha) ||| EU2 Event Generator
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. — I Corinthians 10:31b (NIV)

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Downloading now. I'm going to try it in making Antioch the capital city of its province. I'll let you know how it goes.

Lt. General

I don't like the dependency on the folder structure from EU3. In the old version I could just copy a few files and use the positions editor on them. Now it crashes cause it can't find the localisation data. It doesn't work if I put the localisation file in the same folder. And if I do run the positions-editor on the base EU3 folder, what I really wouldn't want to do, then it loads the wrong localisation data, and I end up with vanilla province names instead of the modded ones.
    Event Editor, helping to ensure, the sun never sets on modding.

The localization files are used because modded definitions.csv files often don't have the correct province names (and in fact, even the vanilla definitions files in Victoria 2 and HOI3 simply leave many provinces blank). I'm not sure how to make it easier.

If for some reason you can't use a mod directory, you could rename your custom map files (default.map, definitions.csv, provinces.bmp, and positions.txt) and put them in the normal map folder. Then you could add
    Code:
    rename (EU3-directory)\localisation (EU3-directory)\localisation-temp
    rename (EU3-directory)\mylocalisation (EU3-directory)\localisation
    at the start of posed.bat, and reverse the process at the end. This way your new map could be edited alongside the vanilla map without affecting it.

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor (EU4-Compatible) - New! Version 0.8.6 released 24 August 2014! ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Lt. General

I did put proper names in my definitions.csv file to make it easier to use.
    I also created a new localisation file for the provincenames so they are easily accessible and not spread out over several files where people will miss them.
    Do I understand you correctly that this kind of organized modding will not be supported?
    Also I don't use moddir for my map, as it does not work. Where will this tool look for the localisation data? In a mod-dir or just in the base localisation folder?
    Event Editor, helping to ensure, the sun never sets on modding.

Oh awesome! I was just thinking during the other day how nice it'd be if the positions editor was updated to DW. Thanks a bunch MichaelM!

Scripter Paradox Dev Team Trin Tragula's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
    The localization files are used because modded definitions.csv files often don't have the correct province names (and in fact, even the vanilla definitions files in Victoria 2 and HOI3 simply leave many provinces blank). I'm not sure how to make it easier.
    There seem to be a bug with this though. Any provinces I've renamed and that also exist in vanilla retains their old names despite there being a text.csv that has these lines removed in my mod's localization folder.
    I list all provinces I've changed (even if it's just changing the name) in the same localization file (which has en entirely new name) and have removed them from the mods version of text.csv, etc. The position editor succesfully loads the names from this localization file for provinces beyond those that exist in vanilla but will revert to the vanilla text.csv rather than the text.csv in my mods localization folder for the ones using ID numbers that are also used by vanilla.
    Thus only half of them are named correctly.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    95 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    I'll definitely download it when i get home. Thanks so much, MichaelM, for following up on this !!!
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Thanks for the feedback. I've corrected the reported issues and put out a new version.
    Code:
    === Beta 4 ===

- Added an option to use game localization files or rely on the names in
      definition.csv.
    - Corrected the loading of localization files in mods.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

A BIG thankyou from Finland and Rome forums, this seems to be great tool and works like charm

Just a thought, perhaps you should post a thread about this to all games' forums this editor works with?
    My modding stuff:
    Wave's modding guide:
    a tutorial for adding countries to EU: Rome, works with EU3 too!
    Wave's modding guide #2: Understanding and creating events

Ongoing AARs:
    Letters from wAAR - An experimental Rome AAR with Epigoni Mod
    Winner of the Best character writer of the week award 1/6/12
    This is SPARTA! Can the world be dominated by squads of 300 men swinging spears and crying the name of their home country?

Legions of Rome! RISE and show them all our might!

I'm glad you guys are finding it useful. I did post an announcement to the HOI3 forum, but since this is the only modding forum I have access to, it kind of slipped under the radar.

I've been recommending both your editors on the Vicky mod forums whenever a question pops up that can be solved quickly and easily with your tools appears.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Hurray! There is an updated version for DW? Time to get to work prettying things up, then.

(Edit) A note to Michael: Please, pretty please, fix the Ports. It's impossible to tell which way it'll be displayed in the game and it seems almost entirely random. By far the most intuitive option would be to have the boats where the text "Port" is when you're configuring it, as then you can easily see which way it'll be at all times.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Nuril View Post
    Hurray! There is an updated version for DW? Time to get to work prettying things up, then.

(Edit) A note to Michael: Please, pretty please, fix the Ports. It's impossible to tell which way it'll be displayed in the game and it seems almost entirely random. By far the most intuitive option would be to have the boats where the text "Port" is when you're configuring it, as then you can easily see which way it'll be at all times.
    I have not tested the new version. If the port code is unchanged from the old version then to get it to work for DW:

In the port rotation screen the ships will display in game under the letters OR in Port.

My first using this program was successful but my second opening, it doesnt work.
    mean:is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Last edited by srv5; 12-09-2011 at 16:44.

Java was installed before but now is not? Is that the same way you ran it before?

Sorry, Fixed. How, I dont know.Its working now thank you for great tool.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Just wanted to say thanks for creating this program, I have found it to be very helpful and well designed.
    Cheers!
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Bug Report - port rotation

Version beta 4 with the editor config set to DW:

The display in the editor relating to port positions is not displaying consistently. I think you have your east and your west reversed. This is most likely due to Paradox's flip of the province.bmp from top to bottom but not side to side.

Background:

If I use the old pre DW version of the editor and manually rotate the province.bmp and then use the editor I get the following correct and consistent behavior:

For DW (different from HTT due to Paradox changes):

Port facing East: correct rotation 4.712389
    The bottom of the word port faces to sea and the top of the word port faces land.

Port facing West: correct rotation 1.570796.
    The bottom of the word port faces to sea and the top of the word port faces land.

Port facing North: correct rotation 3.126594

Port facing South: correct rotation 0

With the current version of the editor both ports facing north and south match the correct answers above but for ports facing east or west they are reversed on the display. In other words ports facing north or south have the bottom of the word port facing the sea and the top of the word port facing land. For east and west it is the opposite with the bottom of the word port facing land and the top facing sea.

Again - if done correctly the ships in DW should show up UNDER the letters OR in the word Port. You have east and west reversed.

To make things more complex for HTT and prior the ships show up with the word port pointing out to sea with the ships in the sea at the end of the word port.

I hope this makes sense. If not I would be pleased to provide additional clarification.

Thanks
    Last edited by 17blue17; 27-09-2011 at 10:59.

Game Breaking Bug DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

For me this doesnt seem to work properly: everything loads fine (my personal mod with a lot of new provinces) however when i select random provinces, more than half of them (both vanilla and mine) seem to have their positions off, roughly 30 on both X and Y axis. Most of the larger provinces when selected have no positions in them (cept for name, which seems to work fine), and im quite certain that their current positions are correct, since i used pre-dw version of same program to assign them (with flipping map).
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Provinces-Mod

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast