• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
careful you don't upset the Soviets.

Chapter 15 - Charge of the Steal Rat

On the second of February the Steal Rat was unleashed on Sweden with the declaration of war.

chp151.jpg

The 1st Corps moved quickly toward Goteborg and Karlstad, engaging Swedish forces that had been wintering in Karlstad on the 9th. The Swedish troops in Karlstad quickly rallied and fought the Sjællandske division to a standoff that would last nineteen days.

chp152.jpg

Word arrived in Copenhagen from the Far East on the 11th that the Chinese warlords of Shanxi had been completely overrun by the Japanese, dealing a serious blow to the Nationalist government and the Chinese armies trying to hold back the Japanese onslaught. This would also lead to the creation of Mengkukuo.

chp153.jpg

Meanwhile In the rugged northern snowbound mountain passes of Sweden, movement for the 2nd corps proved to be slow and dangerous but with little resistance from Swedish forces. The 2nd Corps encountered its first resistance on the 13th near the town of Stenudden.

chp154.jpg

On the 18th the Jutland Division took up positions on the outskirts of the port city of Göteborg. On the 21st the Jydske division engaged the Swedish infantry as they abandoned the city.

chp155.jpg

Stefan was recalled to Copenhagen from Oslo on the 20th when word came through diplomatic channels that Germany and Italy had formed an alliance. The Axis powers were consolidating their hold on Central Europe. There were rumors flying around that Hitler was attempting to pressure Austria into outright absorption into Germany.

chp156.jpg

In the north, the 2nd corps was feverishly working to cut Sweden in half, preventing any reinforcements from moving south. However a lone armor division escaped the trap and then made a daring raid into Danish Norway.

chp157.jpg

The Jutland Division officially occupied Göteborg at noon on the 28th and a couple of hours later Swedish troops in Karlstad finally retreated due to heavy causalities.

chp158.jpg

Index
Chapter 14 - The Next Great Adventure - September to December 1937
Chapter 16 - Cat and Mouse Calamity - March 1938

Last edited:
Very good dude. ;)

subscribed.
this AAR is marvelous, i mean, you're playing denmark, that's not a country most HoI 3 player would choose to play.

Thanks, it's been pretty fun so far. I've played through the Sweden war now. It's just a mater of getting it posted. I'm on vacation next week and I'm actually planing to to try and play out the rest of it then and get it posted.

careful you don't upset the Soviets.

Yeah, I'm still not sure just which faction I'm going to step on the toes of first. So far the Allies are keep asking me to join so I think I'm safe from Britain but that still leaves Germany and Soviet Union. I'm betting it will be Germany first.

Why did you change the Danish red into soviet red?
And im just curios here did you alter the Danish manpower?

But regardless ^^ Gd progress on reuniting rightfull danish territory :p (joking of course, or am i=o) after sweden you only need to reclaim Slesvig and everything is dandy :p good luck ;)

Why did you change the Danish red into soviet red?

No real reason other than I liked their color better and it matches the flag better.

And im just curios here did you alter the Danish manpower?

Nope. No manpower changes. The only thing I changed was the Minister Type for King Christian. I turned him into a Danish Unionist with a bonus to lower my neutrality and to a bonus to support the ruling party. I fully expect to have manpower issues when the real war starts, espcially if the Allies start sending me all their troops.

But regardless ^^ Gd progress on reuniting rightfull danish territory :p (joking of course, or am i=o) after sweden you only need to reclaim Slesvig and everything is dandy :p good luck ;)

:D Thanks. I'm actually thinking Finland might be after Sweden. I'm using the term "rightfull danish territory" loosely. :D

No real reason other than I liked their color better and it matches the flag better.

Nope. No manpower changes. The only thing I changed was the Minister Type for King Christian. I turned him into a Danish Unionist with a bonus to lower my neutrality and to a bonus to support the ruling party. I fully expect to have manpower issues when the real war starts, espcially if the Allies start sending me all their troops.

:D Thanks. I'm actually thinking Finland might be after Sweden. I'm using the term "rightfull danish territory" loosely. :D

ah fair enough with the colour ^^

And regarding manpower, Really? guess FTM really did a trick on Manpower for minors :/ i could only have like 4 divisions in my ftm game.. ah well :p

And to the last bit

I'd say go for the most Northern if not all of the Baltic states :p the northern one had been danish at one point xD½

Chapter 16 – Cat and Mouse Calamity

The weather started to ease up in March and the Danish 2nd corps began to gain ground, nearly encircling an infantry division and its corps HQ.

chp161.jpg

In the south, the 1st corps continued moving towards Karlsborg while fighting continued in Vara.

chp162.jpg

Everything seemed to running much smoother than had been anticipated so the Danish General Staff in Copenhagen decided to relocate across the Öresund to the city of Malmö. A move they would later regret.

chp163.jpg

On the 10th of March, Austria submitted to the immense pressure of Germany and agreed to full annexation. While Hitler and the Reich celebrated the rest the people of Denmark wondered who would be next.

chp164.jpg

In Northern Sweden, the 2nd Corps was reaching the completion of its first objective, the Swedish coast and the isolation of the north; while the 1st Corps attempted to consolidate its gains in the face of a counter offensive by infantry and light armor.

chp165.jpg

chp166.jpg

Unfortunately the Swedes moved too fast for the Danes and by the beginning of April had swung around to the southern flank, threatening to undo the entire front.

chp167.jpg

On April 9th The Danish command in Malmö learned that even more forces than first suspected had managed to flank the front line forces when the HQ came under heavy attack. They quickly loaded up on every ferry and fishing boat they could find and retreated back across the straight to Copenhagen. But the Sweds weren’t satisfied and in a daring move they assaulted Copenhagen.

chp168.jpg

chp169.jpg

Index
Chapter 15 - Charge of the Steal Rat - February 1938

Hopefully your troops north of Malmö will come to Copenhagens aid in time ^^

I felt really stupid for not protecting that better. At this point I had an infantry division that had just finished construction and was waiting to be deployed. I should have the Battle of Copenhagen posted by the end of the weekend.

I felt really stupid for not protecting that better. At this point I had an infantry division that had just finished construction and was waiting to be deployed. I should have the Battle of Copenhagen posted by the end of the weekend.

Brilliant :) Sure hope the germans don't end up occupying all of your new territory :(