• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Technology Update

NZ has only basic infantry, and is currently getting Airborne.

chapter6-80.png

Freyberg: Why are you wasting precious research time on paratroopers...

Savage: Well we have a transport plane, so it would be a waste to not get paratroopers as well :D

Freyberg: But the plane was already a waste... oh man...

--------------------

Kiwis are maxing out cryptography, and are finally starting towards Assembly lines.

chapter6-81.png

Savage: Now we have so much IC, we can really use it! But our research teams are horrible, not a single field is matching!

Freyberg: Hey, I'm researching Produ... oh wait, never mind :mellow:

-------------------

Armor & Artillery:

chapter6-82.png

Carr: LOL nothing there

Savage: Exactly, and they've also spelt ArmoUr wrong! :D

--------------------

Land doctrine: NZ is going for infiltration.

chapter6-83.png

Freyberg: Why infiltration?

Savage: Well it sounded all sneaky and secretive, I like it :)

Freyberg: Oh man... well it's not too bad anyway, our success depends on fast movement. With our little manpower we can't win a full battle head-on. So it's OK.

-----------------

Navy:

chapter6-84.png

Freyberg: BATTLESHIPS?

Savage: Yeah, sorry... back in 1938 I thought they'd come in handy.

Freyberg: Well -

Savage: BUT!!! I have a new plan. We'll abandon battleship research because we won't need them! Muha!

Freyberg: What exactly are you -

Savage: It's a secret! Muha! All I can say now is that we won't need battleships to beat the enemy! Wait and see!

--------------------

Secret Weapons:

Savage: Oh yeah, now you're talking! Freyberg, what are our strongest, deadliest, dastardly ingenious secret weapons?

chapter6-85.png

Freyberg: We have, uh, an electric computer?

Savage: WHAT? How is this a secret weapons? Are we going to bore them to death with maths? INFIDELS, FEEL THE POWER OF MY CALCULATION!!

Freyberg: Bravo sir, very funny sir.

Savage: Anyway we need real secret weapons soon! How can I be the evil mastermind without secret weapons? :glare:

---------------

Aircraft: CAS, Fighters, TAC

chapter6-86.png

Savage: ...and my mutton transport plane :D

Freyberg: :glare:

--------------------

Naval doctrine: nothing here folks!

chapter6-87.png

Savage: As I said we won't need any! Muha!

---------------------

Air doctrine: the pride of New Zealand!

chapter6-88.png

Savage: Wow, it's awesome! With this, we probably have the toughest bombers in the world! Well done Carr!

Carr: KK THX LOL

Savage: I must say Carr is much more effective at being a research team than you Freyberg! I think the reason is because he's more intelligent!

Freyberg: :wacko:

----------------------

Finally, the Navy moves out. But where to? Stay tuned for The Great Kiwi Road Trip Chapter 7: Setting sail!

chapter6-89.png

Savage: We sure as hell are on our way to conquering THE WORLD! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks everybody for the great replies! First I thought nobody was reading, then i noticed I only get replies when I annex countries!

Savage: No problem, we will easily provide that! Muhaha! :D

Chapter 7: Setting Sail

10. September 1942
"FREYYYYYYYYYYBERRRRRRRRRG!!!!!!"

Freyberg: Sir...

Savage: Freyberg, you have fought well in America, and I am proud of you! You have served the Kiwi Hordes well, and I hereby promote you to the rank of FIELD MARSHAL!

Freyberg: Wow thanks!

Savage: And also Carr will be an AIR MARSHAL, so he's still same in rank as you!

Carr: LOL :D

Freyberg: :sad:

Savage: But - I called you for something else! More importantly, Freyberg, did you tell your soldiers they were going home?

Freyberg: Why yes, the war is finished and -

Savage: Well, think again! Muha! The world does not wait Freyberg! Our soldiers must serve a little longer! But no worries, with my incredible plan it will be a walk in the park for them - quite literally indeed!

Freyberg: But sir, they miss their home and country!

Savage: No problem, that's what we have our Sheep Cargo Transport plane for! So soldiers can feel at home everywhere in the world :D

Freyberg: :blink:

Little did Freyberg know that the plane was going to play a crucial part in the upcoming campaign...

-------------------------------

September 1942. The Japanese invasion of SE Asia is in full swing...

chapter7-1.png

Freyberg: This is where we're going? Protect some crappy British colonies?

Savage: Patience, Freyberg! Even like this we must be careful. If they manage to conquer all of SE Asia - and with USA gone they will - then we have some serious problems! Their navy is already cruising all over the west pacific, and if they extend their influence we won't be able to move transports at all. So right now we will reinforce the British to buy some time.

Freyberg: Well it sounds sensible...

Savage: But it's part 1 of the plan! And we're only sending in half the army. You will enjoy what's coming later... :D

------------------

The sea is swarming with Japanese patrols. Luckily the Airfields in Batavia and Singapore are still under allied control, and Carr's short-range bombers can cover the area while transports sneak in from the back.

chapter7-2.png

chapter7-3.png

Carr: From the back LOL

New Zealand manages a successful landing in Singapore and it's not long until the Malay peninsula is secured.

chapter7-4.png

Japanese navy is heavily decimating the English ships, but as they try to prevent NZ landings all they get is a bloody nose! Carr is bombing the region 24/7!

chapter7-5.png

Savage: It's perfect! Japanese are losing, and British are losing too! Soon NZ transport fleet will rule the seven seas :D

Freyberg: :wacko:

-----------------

October 29, 1942

British are too stupid to manage supply convoys, and Carr's planes are grounded. It falls to NZ to take Kra province from Siam. With a land connection to India, finally the UK can support Kiwi airplanes!

chapter7-6.png

Savage: Freeloading, I love it :D

Freyberg: Ooh, we managed to buy motorized divisions from Canada! Very good, I can use some fast toops! I left all my horsies in America...

Savage: Very good! They will come in handy soon... But for now the Japanese advance has been delayed and we have gained a foothold in Asia! Now it's time for the next step... it will be genius! Muhaha!

chapter7-7.png

What could this mean? What is Savage planning? What does Carr want in Hong Kong? And why is only a single bomber group leaving? Stay tuned for the next update of The Great Kiwi Road Trip!

You planin your own island hopping campaign HongKong -> Taiwan -> Ivo Jima -> Japan?

Wouldn't taking Hong Kong directly simply revert it to UK control? The last thing you want is to replace a steam rolling Japan with a steam rolling UK. So wouldn't you be after some other territory as a stepping stone?

Wouldn't taking Hong Kong directly simply revert it to UK control? The last thing you want is to replace a steam rolling Japan with a steam rolling UK. So wouldn't you be after some other territory as a stepping stone?
Philippines?

Looking at the map, Hong Kong seems to be in British hands anyway, so maybe he would use it. But the Phillipines would give him a way point he can control.

Hey guys, sorry I'm taking so long! I'm swamped with work so you have to wait a little longer! But rest assured the conquest is definitely going on :)

Time to answer some of your questions!

Congratz with finishing the USA. Now you can really build an army :D

Thanks! I'm sorry to say though that it doesn't help much, because I get zero manpower from colonies while at war. So even with USA in the great empire, I still get only 0.08MP a day. The Kiwi army numbers about 25 divisions, while the Japanese are at 200, plus stronger doctrine. How can it be? See for yourselves, soon!

Marvelous indeed! A jolly good run there matey ho. Say, when shalt thou come have a cup of tea with the Lord in ole England?

Soon, but not too soon! I guess it will take about 4 years until it's time! However consider this: Germany has inherited US Navy, but with USA gone they don't have any ports in pacific region. Mediterranean is closed off, so the entire fleet will probably be rebased to the German North Sea. I'd imagine the Lord in ole England is in deep trouble!

Savage: ... and when it's time, the New Zealand war machine (sheep transports) will come crashing down on their heads! Muhaha! :D

Looking at the map, Hong Kong seems to be in British hands anyway, so maybe he would use it. But the Phillipines would give him a way point he can control.

True, but I still have only short-range bombers (CAS). The very second my transports enter uncharted waters they are quite literally ripped apart by Japanese ships. Different to Americans, they've split up their Navy into groups of 2-4 ships and are pretty much covering the whole area with unpredictable patrols. So without air cover, I cannot invade Philippines.

Who's next? The soviets? :D

A valid question! Since Nazis are starting to lose I must intervene quite soon. Because if either side wins I cannot face them head on. But Soviets and Germans both have about 300 divisions each, and I'm hopelessly outgunned. Plus I don't have fast troops for sneaky surprise attacks. You see, if I suffer even just some small casualties, I cannot replace them due to manpower. So I cannot attack from this position, and I'm running out of time! Nothing short of a miracle can make it happen.

Savage: Not quite a miracle, but possibly a brilliant, ingenious plan...? Muhaha!

It is a total mystery! Soon you will find out, and thanks everyone for your encouraging comments!

whichcountry.png

Last edited:
I vote for invading the Galactic Empire. It's well known that a small manpower base with poor equipment and doctrines is sufficient to beat them, and conquering the galaxy should surely solve those manpower issues. Then you can move on to the bigger problems at home.

on to victory! show the world what NZ can really do (with the help of lots of luck)

I vote for invading the Galactic Empire. It's well known that a small manpower base with poor equipment and doctrines is sufficient to beat them, and conquering the galaxy should surely solve those manpower issues. Then you can move on to the bigger problems at home.
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side.

November 1, 1942

Hong Kong airport is pretty crowded.

chapter7-10.png

Carr: Wow I got so many fans! :D

With airplanes both in Hong Kong and Singapore, Carr can bomb the adjacent sea regions, creating a narrow corridor for NZ transports to move.

chapter7-11.png

The fleet sets out...

chapter7-12.png

...and all hell breaks loose!

chapter7-13.png

Freyberg: Holy crap! They're throwing all they got at us! Destroyers, Carriers, naval bombers! Quick, we have to make it before they catch us!

Luckily Carr manages to delay the Japanese Carriers, while NZ transports run the gauntlet.

chapter7-14.png

Freyberg: Almost there...!

chapter7-15.png

Freyberg: What the hell, we won a naval battle???

Savage: Yes, NZ transports are stronger even than Japanese cruisers! Obviously, muhaha :D

Freyberg: :blink:

------------------

November 14, 1942

After 3 nerve-wracking days, Kiwi soldiers arrive in Hong Kong, all safe and sound.

chapter7-16.png

Savage: Very nice Freyberg! And Carr! And since it worked so well, we're simply gonna do it again :D

Freyberg: ...

Thus, the invasion of Taiwan starts.

chapter7-17.png

The Japanese garrison is completely caught off-guard and quickly beaten. Not stopping to even catch his breath, Freyberg moves out to the next target. From the airport at Kaohsiung, NZ's reach extends farther...

chapter7-18.png

------------------

INTERLUDE

Meanwhile, the IJN takes out its frustrations on a helpless transport docked in Malaya!

chapter7-19.png

Carr: LOL

But it's a night time port strike, and the IJN fails at even that. Under the cover of night, the transport manages a retreat.

Freyberg: Holy crap, I'm starting to believe it... our transports really are invincible! :D

INTERLUDE END

-----------------------

The next target is Okinawa. The garrison is easily dismantled, but what is this?

chapter7-20.png

A small IJN task force has caught the transports in their landing attempt!

Freyberg: Oh crap, this is bad!!!

But they come too late. Only 2 hours later, the troops are landed and the transports beat a hasty retreat.

Savage: I told you, they are invincible :D

Freyberg: :rolleyes:

--------------------------

Savage: Now, Freyberg, the time has come. Come, and witness my grand plan!

chapter7-21.png

Savage: Through Okinawa, we gain another port and airport also. Our air superiority covers the whole Ryukyu area, up to the southern Home Islands!

Freyberg: This means...

Savage: Exactly! Since Fukuoka province has a beach to the south-west, we can strike a landing from the safety of Carr's air cover! The home islands are defended only by small garrisons, and the main Japanese army is away in China! Our expedition will steamroll them!

Freyberg: Not bad... not bad at all! ATTAAAACK!!

-------------------------------

Thus, the invincible transport fleet sets out again. But what is this?

chapter7-22.png

Freyberg: What the hell! Where are the transports moving? We don't have air cover up there!

Savage: I thought the beach is south-west? WHO THE HELL DREW THIS MAP!?

Freyberg: Oh shit... RETREAT! RETREEEAATT!!!!

Our heroes can only watch as the tragedy unfolds...

Savage: :eek:

Freyberg: :eek:

Carr: :confused:

To be continued...

Last edited:
Day-um - I really, really want to see what happens next.

Go Kiwis! The Kiwi Reich will last for ten thousand years! Wellington will be the new world capital and the olympics will be replaced with sheep shearing contests!