+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fixing the Cost of Trading Permits

Post Fixing the Cost of Trading Permits

Run a search for 'conversation.txt' in your WFoS directory. Within this file, search for '45000'. It'll be the bottom-most option, looking like

Code:
    360287970189639680 45000 NO_VOICEOVER
    That 45000 is the cost of the permit. Change to whatever you like... but I get the feeling the permit is supposed to be 45000 and the dialogue is wrong.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Could you elaborate a bit, please... This is a fix for a) what the permit actually costs or b) what the guy selling it says?
    "What is a hen-teaser?"

"Coffee? What am I, some American who has no tea because he threw it into the ocean, and thus has to settle for coffee?"
    - Volrath50

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    I suspect it's the actual cost for the permit, not a fix for the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Could you elaborate a bit, please... This is a fix for a) what the permit actually costs or b) what the guy selling it says?
    A fix for the actual cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    I suspect it's the actual cost for the permit, not a fix for the conversation.
    Yup. But I suspect the permit is actually supposed to cost 45,000. Assuming it's the norm to abuse caravan mechanics to run spice/velvet between neighbouring forts for 50,000-plus profit a trip.

51 games registered

SengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    You can send them really close? I've been running them to Moscow and Estonia all the time, Doh!

Then again both velvet and spice seem to have disapered from all over the crimea so I can't even send one caravan anymore...
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

YEah it can often be hard to find a good velvet place.
    --From ..A book Bernard Cornwell's Vagabond.
    "...They tried to ambush the coin for my ransom, if you believe it! It was just envy, it seems, for he was poor."

"And now he's dead, my lord?" Thomas asked, amused.

"Dear me, no" his lordship said reprovingly, "he's in a very deep hole in the bottom of my keep. Deep down with the rats. I throw him coins every now and then to remind him why he's there."

Time of Reckoning: Of Diplomacy, Empire and Intrigue AAR Thread

MP IRC Channel for EU3

51 games registered

SengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Snall View Post
    YEah it can often be hard to find a good velvet place.
    Found an awesome tip on the Taleworlds forum. This is quite likely what Foxbyte meant but here is the full exploit.

Buy 1 unit of velvet and spice. (from anywhere you can get it doesn't matter what you pay) and keep it in your inventory at all times
    Find somewhere where velvet/spice is cheap even if they don't actually sell it.
    Sell them the unit from your inventory.
    Ask the mayor to get a caravan of velvet/spice. As you sold them the good the game now thinks they have it. This is the trick.
    Buy your seed unit of velvet/spice back.
    Take the caravan to your destanation city.
    Profit!
    Repeat!

There are random places that have very low demand for velvet/spice all around the map but don't 'produce' them. Often they are right next to somwhere that has normal demand. Thus you can run caravan routes to adjacent cities/forts that are only 20 secs away from each other using this trick. Having found your cheap city you can then run multiple short caravans to all the cities around it and quickly make a fortune.

Going to try it out myself soon, sounds like a ridiculous exploit though Then just have to stash a million in the bank and live off the monthly interest and not bother about trading again!

Edit: Just tried it myself, its clearly broken. Going Pskov to Navara, ie. about 10 seconds away with ctrl + space. I was buing at 40k and selling at 90k for a large caravan. You can make a million in about 5 mins. Then make another million. Then you can put a million in the bank giving you a monthly income of 140k to pay for troop costs, and spend the rest on pimping yourself out.
    Last edited by Blastaz; 06-05-2011 at 15:36.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

+ Reply to Thread