+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 11 36 61 76 84 85 86 87 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1731

Thread: [WIP] Modern day scenario!

Quote Originally Posted by ukraljina-ussr View Post
    The mod looks great so i downlaoded it but when i wanted to start it after the instal it crashes at "loading dadafiles" or something can someone help me?
    Several people get that or other crash problems, but not everyone, so we aren't sure what causes it. Version 0.12 works though, so you can play that.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

thanks i will try

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

So what's the progress on getting this ported to AHD?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

In trying to get this to work for AHD myself, I have managed to get as far as processing flags. I deleted AHD's countries and flags and replaced them with the ones from Modern Day Scenario so there wouldn't be an exception from a new nation added by AHD. Nevertheless, it still crashes. Any advice?

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophon13 View Post
    In trying to get this to work for AHD myself, I have managed to get as far as processing flags. I deleted AHD's countries and flags and replaced them with the ones from Modern Day Scenario so there wouldn't be an exception from a new nation added by AHD. Nevertheless, it still crashes. Any advice?
    Well what was the last thing you edited before it crashed? Also when did it crash? Such as during load-up, when going to play a nation, etc.
    Nicht durch Reden und Majoritätsbeschlüsse werden die großen Fragen der Zeit entschieden — das ist der große Fehler von 1848 und 1849 gewesen — sondern durch Eisen und Blut.
    ~Otto von Bismarck

Lieber tot als rot!

Quote Originally Posted by DBtotalwar View Post
    Well what was the last thing you edited before it crashed? Also when did it crash? Such as during load-up, when going to play a nation, etc.
    It's been crashing during processing flags, I think. It's been a while and I was a total noob when I tried, so I don't really remember what I was doing.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    For some reason, "Processing Flags" is a much bigger hassle in AHD than the original, and the flags folder needs to be exact with no more tags than flag sets and vice versa.

Unfortunately, a mod as large as this is really difficult to check for errors.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I know that the crashing on flags in AHD is caused by the fact the game now has to have a flag assigned to every country's government type and there also can't be any flag files which are not attached to tags.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian View Post
    I know that the crashing on flags in AHD is caused by the fact the game now has to have a flag assigned to every country's government type and there also can't be any flag files which are not attached to tags.
    Yes. Do we know if the Validator can check for this?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    Yes. Do we know if the Validator can check for this?
    Don't have a clue about that. You might want to ask Naselus, since he's done several similar mod conversions to AHD and has dealt with this exact issue many times.

I sure hope this gets converted, a lot of great modernish scenarios(Whole World and Rising Nations from EU3 come to mind) get swept aside when a new DLC comes about.

Some possible events

Scottish independence referendum - 2014
    New caledonia independence referendum - 2016
    Bougainville independence referendum - 2018
    Falkland islander status referendum - 2013

Azwaldi war of independence - 2012
    Syrian civil war - 2011 - 2012

Plausible referendums

Catalonian independence referendum - possibly between 2014 - 2022
    Quebec independence referendum
    Republic sprska independence referendum
    Western Sahara independence referendum
    Last edited by Claymore1; 08-08-2012 at 11:46.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

So much secessionism.

But it's probably better for independence referendums to be based off of conciousness/militancy rather than set in stone and only available to a few nations. (Baring the ones that are certain to go ahead as of the start date.)
    Amanda Shaw, Secretary of the Interior (b. 1890)
    in BigBadBob's The Presidents 1836-1936 an Interactive V2 AAR

Alfonz Aljaz of the State of the South Slavs (b. 1800)
    in theAhawks's A Federation of "Equals"

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

My problem:
    I updated my game to 1.3, decided to use this mod.
    After several attempts, I still can't get it to work.
    I don't know whether I'm making a mistake while following the instructions, or if it's the game itself.
    Whenever I start, it always crashes on "loading databases". I use Steam, but have decided to placed the copied Victoria 2 folder in My Games.
    My other theory is that I'm fiddling around too much with the caches.
    I'm very excited to play this mod, but with the number of times I've tried to reconfigure, I'm utterly exasperated.
    Thank you.

-Snick427, Elector of Hanover
    Nationality: American
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Social Liberal
    Issues: Secularized, Full Citizenship

Please provide some pictures with the first post!
    People have forgotten what the word rebellion means. It is not difficult to be selfish and uncaring within a selfish and uncaring world... The man who cares for no-one except himself is a slave and not a rebel. It takes a true rebel to rise above the darker side of human nature and to sacrifice the self for the other. There is no greater rebellion than the sacrifice of the self for the good of others.

Tried to download the cb-types.txt. and defines.lua. Speedyshare said the defines.lua and cb-types.txt files no longer exist. Could we get these back up there?

Also, I tried to load up the game. It crashes at the loading databases screen. I followed the instructions completely. I am using the Windows version. Could I get some help on whats going wrong?
    Last edited by Fusion; 25-08-2012 at 23:36.

it just crashed after 3-4 seconds when i clicked play(after selecting a country) on all four campaigns
    help would be appreciated
    thank you

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by RedFoxLord View Post
    it just crashed after 3-4 seconds when i clicked play(after selecting a country) on all four campaigns
    help would be appreciated
    thank you
    Try using this instead, it's up to date.

it crashed on loading databases.

Is this still being worked on?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 11 36 61 76 84 85 86 87 LastLast