+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 87 FirstFirst ... 5 30 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1731

Thread: [WIP] Modern day scenario!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

After the 0.09 release, I've been having crashing problems, usually between 2013 and 2016. Is there a decision or something that happens In that time-frame?

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Did Turkey become a Great Power? If so I may have found the source of the problem.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Yes, the formation of Turkestan was what was crashing my game.

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Sputmint View Post
    Yes, the formation of Turkestan was what was crashing my game.
    There's some stuff that doesn't work with that decision. I tried to make it so you could do it with all Turkic-cultured nations in your sphere, but it doesn't work as intended - I'll make a look in to it.

Might take me a while, though. I'm still fairly new to modding. If you're happy to, could you delete Turkestan.txt in decisions folder, and see if the Baltic/Scandinavia decisions work?

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k club

I'm trying this on 1.4 but it's crashing after I choose the country. The map to choose your country works but the loading part doesn't. I've deleted the map cache and the flagfiles but the game itself isn't making a new cache. Can someone help?

500k club

I don't believe it works with 1.4 beta.

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    I don't believe it works with 1.4 beta.
    Really? Cause I'm sure I saw a post that said the beta patch worked till 2013 or something like that. Nonetheless, it's alright.

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by soulking View Post
    Really? Cause I'm sure I saw a post that said the beta patch worked till 2013 or something like that. Nonetheless, it's alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carles li Reis View Post
    I've done it with the lastest beta. Results in CTD after a few years.
    Here's the quote from the previous page. cyrylc said he was sure it worked with 1.3, and I run 1.3. I've got it to 2039, as I showed; I'm trying to fix the Turkestan decision now, then I'll upload it as a hotfix, I think.

500k club

Here's the quote from the previous page. cyrylc said he was sure it worked with 1.3, and I run 1.3. I've got it to 2039, as I showed; I'm trying to fix the Turkestan decision now, then I'll upload it as a hotfix, I think.
    Oh I see. Yeah, I must of mistaken his statement as 1.4.

500k club

If there's anyone out there who's more advanced at modding than I, ie. anyone, can you fix my Turkestan decision (posted on the previous page)? The intended criteria were that any existing country with any of the listed primary cultures was either the country in question or in the sphere of that country (or non-existent). The effect works as intended, so no need to change it, but the criteria for enacting it do not.

The Baltic union decision works well, I've tested it.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Wow, major inaccuracy in Europe. Germany is the #1 Industrial power, strongest nation in Europe atm.

Mod Project:
    Napoleon, without him how would the world have looked in 1836? Your contribution could help determine it. Join the conversation/crew of the NOpoleon Alternate History Mod for Vicky 2.

500k club

I don't dispute Germany is the top economy in Europe, but no factories have been changed since vanilla.

I don't dispute Germany is the top economy in Europe, but no factories have been changed since vanilla.
    ok, that would explain it, Also My area of Expertise is Europe and North America if you need help.

Mod Project:
    Napoleon, without him how would the world have looked in 1836? Your contribution could help determine it. Join the conversation/crew of the NOpoleon Alternate History Mod for Vicky 2.

Also I recommend Arranging the industrial based on GDP (Nominal) of countries, ex: USA has roughly 14 billion in GDP, so Give them either 140, or 1400 depending on if you want it to be realistic or not, because really the USA and China are just that far ahead.

If you did it the realistic way the top 16 would be:

The USA: 14,657
    China: 5,878
    Japan: 4,309
    Germany: 3,315
    France: 2,582
    Uk: 2,247
    Brazil: 2,090
    Italy: 2,055
    India: 1,631
    Canada: 1,574
    Russia: 1,465
    Australia: 1,235
    Mexico: 1,039
    South Korea: 1,007
    Turkey: 741
    Indonesia: 706

Mod Project:

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

I agree and think I did say earlier it should be GDP nominal not PPP.
    Amanda Shaw, Secretary of the Interior (b. 1890)
    in BigBadBob's The Presidents 1836-1936 an Interactive V2 AAR

Alfonz Aljaz of the State of the South Slavs (b. 1800)
    in theAhawks's A Federation of "Equals"

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeboy View Post
    I agree and think I did say earlier it should be GDP nominal not PPP.
    OMG YES, It would be stupid not to use nominal. PPP is current, its how the world economy is effecting countries, thats why china has such a higher ppp than nominal right now. Nominal is more stable and after the recession ends PPP will reflect that.

Mod Project:

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

I disagree, PPP is better at giving an impression of the economic power of newly emerging countries, and is more a reflexion of their total economic potential. Nominal just give highly distorted figures based on who has the strongest currency, etc. I mean to give an example, in Nominal GDP Switzerland (a country of 8 million) has a bigger economy then Poland (a country of 38 million), can we really believe this?

Switzerland's economy is mostly based on Banking and Finacial Services and has few real industries, something that Poland does have, and since the VIC2 game engine only really deals with the industrial sector, not the service sector, the PPP figure gives a better indication of who has the bigger economy and most economic potential. (Source: List of countries by GDP (nominal) and List of countries by GDP (PPP)).

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian View Post
    I disagree, PPP is better at giving an impression of the economic power of newly emerging countries, and is more a reflexion of their total economic potential. Nominal just give highly distorted figures based on who has the strongest currency, etc. I mean to give an example, in Nominal GDP Switzerland (a country of 8 million) has a bigger economy then Poland (a country of 38 million), can we really believe this?

Switzerland's economy is mostly based on Banking and Finacial Services and has few real industries, something that Poland does have, and since the VIC2 game engine only really deals with the industrial sector, not the service sector, the PPP figure gives a better indication of who has the bigger economy and most economic potential. (Source: List of countries by GDP (nominal) and List of countries by GDP (PPP)).
    Switzerland actually has one of the strongest economies in the World.... The Banking part of the economie is around 10% while the industries are 27%, companies like ABB, Novartis and Nestle are part of the world greatest companies, so counting switzerland as a country with just banks is stupid, and their high GDP actually makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian View Post
    I mean to give an example, in Nominal GDP Switzerland (a country of 8 million) has a bigger economy then Poland (a country of 38 million), can we really believe this?
    Actually Swiss economy is much, much better than Polish, it's not a good example. :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 87 FirstFirst ... 5 30 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 80 ... LastLast