For the Motherland Developer Diary 6 - Neutrality & Government in Exile Updates

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since we speak about spies i wanted to ask:

Will there be a mechanics to leave faction when the rulling party ideology will change wia election? Or if faction leader changes ideology.

For example when I was playing a game the Nordick league 'suddenly' won 1940 election in GB. Now the Allies faction is "lead" by Fascist sympathisers.
What should happen to Allies than? Namely should Britain as faction leader kik French out and leter have a nice fascists civil war or should it be wice versa with aquring leadersip for France?
Or nothing will happen?

Since we speak about spies i wanted to ask:

Will there be a mechanics to leave faction when the rulling party ideology will change wia election? Or if faction leader changes ideology.

For example when I was playing a game the Nordick league 'suddenly' won 1940 election in GB. Now the Allies faction is "lead" by Fascist sympathisers.
What should happen to Allies than? Namely should Britain as faction leader kik French out and leter have a nice fascists civil war or should it be wice versa with aquring leadersip for France?
Or nothing will happen?

i doubt it will be ever possible to leave a faction. especially the faction leaders have to stay or the whole system would be obsolete.

Wow, historical elections - this is wonderful!!!

So, a country can only affect its own neutrality directly, with decisions and events? Or will other countries be affected regardless if they want to or not?

i doubt it will be ever possible to leave a faction. especially the faction leaders have to stay or the whole system would be obsolete.

Thats the spirit! No one turns away from the Dark Side! :D

To expand on what Fire and Ash asked earlier in thread, what does this new system mean for playing minors? Will it be harder to join factions/alliances? Get involved in the war? Will minors have events to help lower neutrality or is this feature primarily for the majors?

Yeah, the main question is whether it's possible to do more than one mission in a given country at the same time. Otherwise, I don't see how this change is supposed to free spies for other tasks.

I like the changes to threat and the fact that it will be possible to create a puppet even if a given country has GIE (but it should be noted that Polish GIE existed until 1989).

BTW how those resistance cells really work?

Yeah, the main question is whether it's possible to do more than one mission in a given country at the same time. Otherwise, I don't see how this change is supposed to free spies for other tasks.

It frees up your spies doing 'Lower Neutrality' to do other stuff because they can't 'Lower Neutrality' anymore. Isn't that right?

What I really don't understand here is that it was already possible to liberate GiEs even if they were GiEs of a different country (at least AI USSR did this with Poland already)...

I was just really confused by what Podcat wrote. He said we will use spies to increase the threat of Germany. But isn't that what we do today?

Next, this confused me how it frees up spies to do other missions like what Podcast wrote. If our spies are doing a threat mission then how can they also do the other mission like foreign party support?

In today's game we have domestic spies and spies in foreign countries. So basically we can do two missions (asuming only two countries for this example). One might be to support our party or counter espionage. In the foreign country we can tell our spies to either raise threat or disrupt reseach etc. I'm wonding how and what actually changes.

Podcast said spies can now raise threat in Germany which should help the US join the allies. But we already were able to do that. He said that the mission was subject to counter espionage which it is today. So not sure what even changed there. He then went on to say that this frees up spies for other missions. And that really lost me because if my spies are already assigned to raising German threat then how can they do other stuff?

It freed up the USA's domestic spies...

In that case the mission described by Podcast "like affecting foreign party support" must be a domestic mission.

I think what he meant is that you can fight the foreign support of parties in your country, to defend against foreign-financed coups... But I may be wrong :)