For the Motherland Developer Diary 6 - Neutrality & Government in Exile Updates

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, if neutrality and national unity can't be influenced via spies, how to change laws now (I mean, once I buy FTM :) )?

it will probably use effective neutrality (eg look at external threats compared to neutrality), but this one is still on todo list to test so its not 100% guaranteed to work that way when its done.

Can the partisan units shown in the screens be modified somehow to allow commando units to operate?

I was watching a program on the origins of the SAS and their activities in Africa against the Germans and modifying the partisan units seems like a decent way of allowing said commando units to operate (abstractly).

Any thoughts anyone?

Can the partisan units shown in the screens be modified somehow to allow commando units to operate?

I was watching a program on the origins of the SAS and their activities in Africa against the Germans and modifying the partisan units seems like a decent way of allowing said commando units to operate (abstractly).

Any thoughts anyone?

Well, I still think that commandos are below the abstraction level of the game...

Well, I still think that commandos are below the abstraction level of the game...

Well, normally I would agree. I would have also said partisans on the map were also below the abstraction level of the game. (Like modelling rebellions in HOI2 with 7,000 man militia units-it just doesnt work)

Now with this new system being implemented perhaps the idea could be made to work. Obviously commando units are smaller than partisans still- but the idea of having small teams behind the lines rasing dissent, lowering supply efficency etc etc does seem cool. Especially if the 'commando' team is simply a counter that is moving around behind the lines. If the SAS units in Africa destroyed more German planes than bombing did then it seems that modelling commando units wouldnt be the worst of iddeas. That small statistic alone could justify it.

All in all, I was just curious to see if the idea could be modded in, if a player was so inclined.

If you start modeling small commando units, you'd need to allow for smaller-than-brigade anti-partisan units as well. Can't see Germany devoting a division or two to an area where up to a platoon of people are harassing the supply lines.

Well, normally I would agree. I would have also said partisans on the map were also below the abstraction level of the game. (Like modelling rebellions in HOI2 with 7,000 man militia units-it just doesnt work)

Now with this new system being implemented perhaps the idea could be made to work. Obviously commando units are smaller than partisans still- but the idea of having small teams behind the lines rasing dissent, lowering supply efficency etc etc does seem cool. Especially if the 'commando' team is simply a counter that is moving around behind the lines. If the SAS units in Africa destroyed more German planes than bombing did then it seems that modelling commando units wouldnt be the worst of iddeas. That small statistic alone could justify it.

All in all, I was just curious to see if the idea could be modded in, if a player was so inclined.

For more absraction:
You could mod "Commando support" in with a bonus to partisans. Bonus raising partisans and also later for the real unit.
Simulating training and other help/actions and such..

Kind regards,
Chromos

Setting up GiEs

So the biggest concern I have with GiE's is when they are created:
- Poland had a GiE because they had (as part of an alliance) military access through Romania (notably absent in the game), which is how many of the leaders and military units physically escaped Poland.
- Charles de Gaulle and the Free French leadership physically flew from Bordeaux to London, evading the Luftwaffe.
- Hubert Pierlot and the Free Belgian leadership escaped over the border to France, then London.

Some portion of the existing government must a) have an allied country to escape to and b) have some land, sea, or air route clear to move. A strong enough opposed cordon, blockade, or air superiority should decisively prevent such leadership movements and establishment of GiEs.

Dang. That decision about removing the ability to affect your neutrality rating, is bogus.

We can't keep playing the major countries, we've done that till we are blue in the face. SO another challenge is to play the minors, BUT that is quite impossible when you are not able to enter war with anyone.

wrong call guys

Dang. That decision about removing the ability to affect your neutrality rating, is bogus.

We can't keep playing the major countries, we've done that till we are blue in the face. SO another challenge is to play the minors, BUT that is quite impossible when you are not able to enter war with anyone.

wrong call guys

Check out patch 3.05...