+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: For the Motherland Developer Diary 6 - Neutrality & Government in Exile Updates

Oberkommando HOI4 Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
    So, if neutrality and national unity can't be influenced via spies, how to change laws now (I mean, once I buy FTM )?
    it will probably use effective neutrality (eg look at external threats compared to neutrality), but this one is still on todo list to test so its not 100% guaranteed to work that way when its done.
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

On loan to the C.S Navy HMS Enterprize's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Can the partisan units shown in the screens be modified somehow to allow commando units to operate?

I was watching a program on the origins of the SAS and their activities in Africa against the Germans and modifying the partisan units seems like a decent way of allowing said commando units to operate (abstractly).

Any thoughts anyone?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Enterprize View Post
    Can the partisan units shown in the screens be modified somehow to allow commando units to operate?

I was watching a program on the origins of the SAS and their activities in Africa against the Germans and modifying the partisan units seems like a decent way of allowing said commando units to operate (abstractly).

Any thoughts anyone?
    Well, I still think that commandos are below the abstraction level of the game...
    Sir NeoCore Slan, OLIR, beta of FtM, appointed judge of Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest, Fan of the Week (22-11-2011) and I also play HoItCG.
    The Historical Plausibility Project 1.0.4 for HoI3, 2.0 for HoI3 - Semper Fi and 2.7 for FtM

My latest work from my Ink Well (which is post #200 in the Ink Well thread):
    Hitler's gamble - An alternative German Strategy (Vanilla HoI3 - Semper Fi 2.03c) finished
    Ten Reasons why Europa Universalis III is the worst game EVER (Vanilla EU3 - Divine Wind) finished
    The New Adventures of the United Nations... in Space - A Space Empires V AAR canceled after Season I

"Always write things on the forums that you’d be happy for your mom to read." - Fredrik Wester

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIIron Cross

Quote Originally Posted by Slan View Post
    Well, I still think that commandos are below the abstraction level of the game...
    Well, normally I would agree. I would have also said partisans on the map were also below the abstraction level of the game. (Like modelling rebellions in HOI2 with 7,000 man militia units-it just doesnt work)

Now with this new system being implemented perhaps the idea could be made to work. Obviously commando units are smaller than partisans still- but the idea of having small teams behind the lines rasing dissent, lowering supply efficency etc etc does seem cool. Especially if the 'commando' team is simply a counter that is moving around behind the lines. If the SAS units in Africa destroyed more German planes than bombing did then it seems that modelling commando units wouldnt be the worst of iddeas. That small statistic alone could justify it.

All in all, I was just curious to see if the idea could be modded in, if a player was so inclined.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    If you start modeling small commando units, you'd need to allow for smaller-than-brigade anti-partisan units as well. Can't see Germany devoting a division or two to an area where up to a platoon of people are harassing the supply lines.

AHOI-Mod Series Developer Demi Moderator Chromos's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Enterprize View Post
    Well, normally I would agree. I would have also said partisans on the map were also below the abstraction level of the game. (Like modelling rebellions in HOI2 with 7,000 man militia units-it just doesnt work)

Now with this new system being implemented perhaps the idea could be made to work. Obviously commando units are smaller than partisans still- but the idea of having small teams behind the lines rasing dissent, lowering supply efficency etc etc does seem cool. Especially if the 'commando' team is simply a counter that is moving around behind the lines. If the SAS units in Africa destroyed more German planes than bombing did then it seems that modelling commando units wouldnt be the worst of iddeas. That small statistic alone could justify it.

All in all, I was just curious to see if the idea could be modded in, if a player was so inclined.
    For more absraction:
    You could mod "Commando support" in with a bonus to partisans. Bonus raising partisans and also later for the real unit.
    Simulating training and other help/actions and such..

Kind regards,
    Chromos
    Former Game Developer East vs. West: - Lua AI / Political -
    AHOI-Mod - A Hearts of Iron 3 "Treasure Chest": Soon: Play WW-I up to the Cold War
    First AAR by me! -> Victory Ahoy! (A Let's Play AAR with AHOI-Mod-"Treasure-Chest")
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For std HoI3 from SF to TFH): See more at a glance/usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Widescreen Mods (For other HoI3 Mods): See more with your fav mod -usable from 1280*768 on
    AHOI-Mod - Dynamic AI (For std HoI3 FTM): Play with an ai that is adjustible wih decsions
    Check my profile: Find out more info about HoI-III, modding and the AHOI-Mods

^Thats a cool idea.

HoI AnthologyEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2

Setting up GiEs

So the biggest concern I have with GiE's is when they are created:
    - Poland had a GiE because they had (as part of an alliance) military access through Romania (notably absent in the game), which is how many of the leaders and military units physically escaped Poland.
    - Charles de Gaulle and the Free French leadership physically flew from Bordeaux to London, evading the Luftwaffe.
    - Hubert Pierlot and the Free Belgian leadership escaped over the border to France, then London.

Some portion of the existing government must a) have an allied country to escape to and b) have some land, sea, or air route clear to move. A strong enough opposed cordon, blockade, or air superiority should decisively prevent such leadership movements and establishment of GiEs.
    Miranda: O brave new world, that has such people in't! Prospero: 'Tis new to thee.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Dang. That decision about removing the ability to affect your neutrality rating, is bogus.

We can't keep playing the major countries, we've done that till we are blue in the face. SO another challenge is to play the minors, BUT that is quite impossible when you are not able to enter war with anyone.

wrong call guys
    I want the world.......

P.S. And EvE WAS by far the best MMO, wipes its MWD fitted beeehind with WoW and alikes.

Quote Originally Posted by KimSand View Post
    Dang. That decision about removing the ability to affect your neutrality rating, is bogus.

We can't keep playing the major countries, we've done that till we are blue in the face. SO another challenge is to play the minors, BUT that is quite impossible when you are not able to enter war with anyone.

wrong call guys
    Check out patch 3.05...
    Midnight Sun: Denmark AAR 1936 - In progress

Aut Vincer Aut Mori

hmm i did, can't find anything in the changelog ?

What do you see that i don't ?
    I want the world.......

P.S. And EvE WAS by far the best MMO, wipes its MWD fitted beeehind with WoW and alikes.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    500k clubWarlock 2: The Exiled

hmm i did, can't find anything in the changelog ?

What do you see that i don't ?
    In my current Poland game ('36 start, FTM 3.05) I had the decision in my diplomacy screen when I started. Can't remember what it's called, but the description begins "Peace is boring."

Hope that helps.

ty gonna check taht out

..Did that doesnt work for Italy

But TY anyway
    I want the world.......

ty gonna check taht out

..Did that doesnt work for Italy

But TY anyway
    Yeah, that decision is mainly meant for minor powers like Denmark. I think it's has an IC cap of like 30 or something.
    Midnight Sun: Denmark AAR 1936 - In progress

Aut Vincer Aut Mori

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6