• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's already fixed. BTW it happened because the 1948 elections put to sleep one of the 1952 election events.
Excellent.
Which of the presidents did win in the end :p?

Yeah you need to keep an eye on your northern neighbours (comm. china and ussr). A next war will probably involve nuclear weapons, any progress on that?

Tim
Eisenhower won it :p

And both the USA and USSR are merrily churning out nukes, while the British are building some reactors in Scotland. Whenever we eventually go to war, it's going to be messy.

Also, sorry, but there won't be another update until next week sometime - was planning on doing another one today but got caught up with other things :(

Thanks for the kind words, and rest assured, I will continue updating. Just...not regularly at the moment. Real life eh? *shakes fist*

Don't be mean to the kitty :'(

And sadly there won't be an update until Monday, away over the weekend with only my laptop. However, I shall try and spam several updates as fast as possible to make up for the long wait!

Suscribes. Another Chinese AAR that looks interesting.

The Summer of Freedom

The long war against Germany and Japan had left Britain close to bankruptcy, only surviving through generous American loans and aid. This, coupled with the cost of administrating and garrisoning such a large Empire was stretching British finances to breaking point. Therefore, due to constant protesting and acts of subversion, the United Kingdom gracefully let go of several of her overseas possesions.

First to go was Iran, where anti-British insurgency had been strongest, due to broken promises about the restorated of independance after the British occupation during the war.

iranm.jpg

This was shortly followed by Iraq, who had been nominally independant, but had been brought under closer control after a pro-German president had taken power

iraqe.jpg

Next, it was the turn of India and Pakistan. The Indian subcontinent had been begging for independance since long before the war, but the complicated nature of freeing up these two states and the necessary population transfers that would take place severely delayed this.

indiapaki.jpg

Finally, the former French Mandate for Syria was broken up into two new states, Syria and Lebanon.

syrialebanon.jpg

In the spirit of independance, the American government withdrew a large number of military troops and political overseers from Japan, allowing them a greater freedom to decide their own course of actions

japanp.jpg

After all this, the British still held onto some Middle Eastern footholds for strategic purposes. One of these was the port of Aden. However, on August 22nd 1956, a group of protestors several thousand large, including many armed freedom fighters overran the skeleton crew at the British Naval base who pulled out on any craft they could commandeer. Shortly afterwards, the British signed documents officially handed a large swathe of territory over to the Yemeni government.

yemens.jpg

I still find it highly unrealistic that whenever the US or another Allied power releases Japan as a puppet state after WWII (or in another way free it while they themselves are monarchists or democrats) that they get this strange head of state instead of Emperor Hirohito (or another Japanese monarch, maybe Prince Chichibu or Akihito) which would not make sense in postwar japan except as a soviet puppet maybe (the guy was in reality a member of the communist party...)

But that is sidetracking this AAR ;), did you release the countries yourself or did it happen by event ?

Tim

I released the countries myself. I have no idea whether there's any events handling it, as there were for Israel/Jordan.

And I like to think the Emperor is still around, but merely as a figurehead and doesn't handle official head of state duties, which are instead delegated to whoever the Americans decide to put in charge.

To all readers: I am going to try to get at least one more update up before the weekend, but I'm moving on Saturday and my new flat won't have any internet for a while, sorry!

To all readers: I am going to try to get at least one more update up before the weekend, but I'm moving on Saturday and my new flat won't have any internet for a while, sorry!

We all await the update with bated breath.

Chapter 3: War was Beginning

The 2nd Arab-Israeli War
By pulling out of the Middle East and granting widespread independance, the British thought they would prevent conflict in the region. They were sadly wrong.

As it happens, the popular independance movements in Syria, Lebanon and Iraq, who now had political power to back up their armed fighters had been plotting.

lebanony.jpg

This declaration of war was shortly followed by Syria also declaring war, and Iraq sending thousands of fighters to aid them

syria.jpg

Now, although morale was high amongst the poorly armed militia, this could not overcome their lack of training and arms, and the well trained and American armed IDF quickly routed the Arab forces. By the 10th of September, it was all over.

annex1.jpg

annex2.jpg

greaterisrael.jpg

Now the eyes of the whole world were turned on the Middle East.....

Non-story things: I installed a bug fix for the 'puppets-not-mobilising' problem, so hopefully any future wars will be....a little less one sided.

LOL!

I love how whenever the Arabs declare war on Israel in these games they get immediately Annexed......

Gotta love those Jews

The Karbala Conference
karbalan.jpg

In Spring 1958, representitives from several middle eastern nations attended a conference in the Iraqi city of Karbala. Much secrecy surrounded this meeting, and after several weeks of discussion, The Karbala Pact was signed, pledged to work together for the mutual defence of all independant states in the Middle East. These included Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan. Turkey, Egypt and Pakistan were invited, but Turkey and Egypt turned down the invitation due to reliance on British and American arms supplies, while the representitives from Pakistan walked out of the conference on Day 3 for reasons unknown.

The outcome of this conference led those around the world to expect little would happen. However, at 5:30am on July 11th, IDF headquarters suddenly lost contact with all patrols in Deir Es Zor and El Qamisli provinces......

warzx.jpg

Last edited:
Also why do you have everyone hatin' on Israel.

Can I request you give them a chance of survival? Like maybe giving them a few more divisions?