• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eugenioso

Banned
5 Badges
Sep 15, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
maybe, idk. i sure havent tried it. i remember winning in AoD, and then getting into a stalemate with the soviets after we split germany in half.

if i remember correctly:

infantry with arty. nothing else needs to be built. the cavalry and armor you have can be part of your mobile reserve. infra along the whole front line, as well as lvl 10 forts. build them up from ´33 if possible. once the forts are built or if you have the necessary IC then build up infantry and arty. only research them. disband the fleet and airforce and bring all colonial armies back to france.

the rest is just luck andskill. wish me both plz

Hi,

no need to be that gamey...

You can build industry up 85-90. You need to have 8-12 squadrons(in 4 squadron wings) of Int to defend your industry which you now can afford.
Accept Maginot extension event. Take mil command of Belgium at once , retreat them while executing the Dyle plan. They are good meatshields if you manage to save them.

Defend the Dyle line until the Krauts are bled white. Then try landings in their rear(you need your navy, don`t disband anything but lvl 1 ships) as a nuisance. If you have them off balance small encirclements may be possible.

Releasing Vietnam immediately is also a good idea, they have some good commanders and can set up quite a few divs. BTW you can give them your lvl 1 ships.

France is very challenging, but really fun. And yes, Art is Frances best friend...

Rgds, Oldtimer