+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mini Mod: Germany improved

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEast India CompanyHearts of Iron III
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Semper FiMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia
    500k club

WW1 Mini Mod: Germany improved

i made some tweaks for the german personnel and intend to expand it.

1st very small version is downloadable here

what has changed?

- dead and very old ministers dates changed, so they wont show up in the 14 scenario
    (if i understood things right this was a conversion from a mod with earlier scenarios)

- deletion of low ranking naval commanders and addition of new ones (promotion dates based on admirals ranks, so forget Arnauld and friends).

- deletion of most colonial forces except Deutsch-Ost, including commanders like Carl Zimmermann who was just a Major in Cameroun

- correction of quite a few leaders names

- adding of quite few real admirals from that era, based on offline resources:

well actually not very much but took a bit of time.

examples:

bm

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEast India CompanyHearts of Iron III
    500k club

added a second version, naval section should look better now

Well, aren't you a dark (or at least black-and-white) horse! Just one little clue then wallop - a whole new enterprise underway. This should give you something to do with your spare time for the next decade or so.

Thanks major, it's very nice indeed to have historically accurate leaders. Good to see all that research you put in paying off here also.

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Epaminondas
    Well, aren't you a dark (or at least black-and-white) horse! Just one little clue then wallop - a whole new enterprise underway. This should give you something to do with your spare time for the next decade or so.

Thanks major, it's very nice indeed to have historically accurate leaders. Good to see all that research you put in paying off here also.
    its actually not a real big thing, just a few missing navy dudes (and no fear i wont paint them)

500k club

v3 upped, navy should be more or less complete

Nice. Hope this gets merged into Vanilla in the future.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k club

Good to see the hard work. I'll download this for my next game : D

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Limith
    this could create some problems with copyright

Quote Originally Posted by Landsturmamrika
    Good to see the hard work. I'll download this for my next game : D
    thanks, i'm working on updates (all the way to 1936). if you spot something strange please let me know.

500k club

v4 is up, btw. i'll try to reach the 30s for GER

Chief of Navy done
    Chief of Staff done
    Head of Intelligence done
    an initial body of leaders done

all this in theory of course so dont complain if you run in problems

as for the TTs i just added Konrad Krafft von Delmensingen http://www.austro-hungarian-army.co.uk/alpkorps.htm as a TT for the Gebirgsjäger

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsRise of Prussia

Where do I place these pictures?
    The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes - that guy, you know THAT GUY
    There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know - Harry Truman
    And well, everything can be obvious... but only after you've found it out or someone told you. - Titan79

AARs:
    The BBC Reports! An ten-player online 1936 AoD AAR using the 1.09 changes 25: ongoing

A three-player online AoD AAR using the Improved 1936 mod - currently reached August 1941: the game has ended but the AAR is in need of updating

My first AAR playing as Germany using the AoD Third Reich Mod - currently reached August 1945: postponed

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_B0narpte
    Where do I place these pictures?
    pics in: DH/Mods/Darkest Hour Full/gfx/interface/pics
    leaders CSV in: DH/Mods/Darkest Hour Full/db/leaders
    ministers CSV in: DH/Mods/Darkest Hour Full/db/ministers

the CSVs are the only things which are overwritten. so maybe backup your original U08.CSVs

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold

That's one way to have your mod bumped

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Da Fuq?
    In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king

Darkest Hour Game Designer Fernando Torres's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Limith View Post
    hasn't it yet? (Arturius? AC?)

500k club

forgot the most but as far as i can see (1.02) - parts. there is still an admiral with Pickelhaube (von Lans http://www.deutsche-schutzgebiete.de/lans.htm )
    i forgot most, but admiral + Pickelhaube is close to impossible.
    i think i had no "unknowns" in that mod anymore as i replaced all (at least land leaders).

Meyer-Waldeck ( http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Meyer-Waldeck ) in Qunigdao should get a sleep leader evt if the province is taken as he's just a governor.

as for the rest i dont recall, just Arturius should have some images from me for admirals and just in case you want to combine the two WWs have a look at the ministers. some ministries are build up to 36 (mostly military ones like Intel)

Quote Originally Posted by bestmajor View Post
    i forgot most, but admiral + Pickelhaube is close to impossible.
    Close to, but perhaps not entirely. I think you might find one of Stosch floating around somewhere.
    If a pic of Lanz is needed I have one on tap - black and white only I'm afraid (but when has that ever been a problem for you).

Darkest Hour Game Designer Fernando Torres's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    I poked Arturius about it and he told me he would be working on it. He is handling WW1 DB along with Andrea (AC).

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Epaminondas View Post
    Close to, but perhaps not entirely. I think you might find one of Stosch floating around somewhere.
    If a pic of Lanz is needed I have one on tap - black and white only I'm afraid (but when has that ever been a problem for you).
    well i have somebody who is called "Lans_Wilhelm_von_dkr.bmp" on my HD. he can be found in a folder called "ww1 leaders improved v.3". he looks like an admiral
    so maybe check first post again?

EDIT: Adm Lans in DH looks a lot like General von Goßler? http://ordensmuseum.de/historische-o...st-von-gosler/
    OT, quite impressive to fight in ww1 when born in 1848.

Yep, that's Admiral Lanz alright - at least that's what my hardcopy source tells me. He does look a bit like Spee though, doesn't he? Just happier. I don't think that he actually held an active command in WWI, but I'm prepared to be proved wrong.

The Stosch I was referring to was Albrecht von Stosch - a General of Infantry who transferred to become admiral and first chief of the imperial navy. I have a photo (or a photo of a drawing - can't remember which) of him floating around somewhere, complete with Pickelhaube.

500k club

he held a command, in fact he should lead the 1st Geschwader when scenario starts http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_von_Lans

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    Vom 1. Oktober 1912 bis zum 14. Februar 1915 war Lans als Vizeadmiral Chef des I. Geschwaders der Hochseeflotte.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast