• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bestmajor

Field Marshal
40 Badges
Jun 5, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Darkest Hour
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
WW1 Mini Mod: Germany improved

i made some tweaks for the german personnel and intend to expand it.

1st very small version is downloadable here

what has changed?

- dead and very old ministers dates changed, so they wont show up in the 14 scenario
(if i understood things right this was a conversion from a mod with earlier scenarios)

- deletion of low ranking naval commanders and addition of new ones (promotion dates based on admirals ranks, so forget Arnauld and friends).

- deletion of most colonial forces except Deutsch-Ost, including commanders like Carl Zimmermann who was just a Major in Cameroun

- correction of quite a few leaders names

- adding of quite few real admirals from that era, based on offline resources:

well actually not very much but took a bit of time.

examples:

bm

Last edited:
Well, aren't you a dark (or at least black-and-white) horse! Just one little clue then wallop - a whole new enterprise underway. This should give you something to do with your spare time for the next decade or so.

Thanks major, it's very nice indeed to have historically accurate leaders. Good to see all that research you put in paying off here also.

Epaminondas said:
Well, aren't you a dark (or at least black-and-white) horse! Just one little clue then wallop - a whole new enterprise underway. This should give you something to do with your spare time for the next decade or so.

Thanks major, it's very nice indeed to have historically accurate leaders. Good to see all that research you put in paying off here also.

its actually not a real big thing, just a few missing navy dudes (and no fear i wont paint them)

Limith said:
Nice. Hope this gets merged into Vanilla in the future.

this could create some problems with copyright

Landsturmamrika said:
Good to see the hard work. I'll download this for my next game : D

thanks, i'm working on updates (all the way to 1936). if you spot something strange please let me know.

v4 is up, btw. i'll try to reach the 30s for GER

Chief of Navy done
Chief of Staff done
Head of Intelligence done
an initial body of leaders done

all this in theory of course so dont complain if you run in problems

as for the TTs i just added Konrad Krafft von Delmensingen http://www.austro-hungarian-army.co.uk/alpkorps.htm as a TT for the Gebirgsjäger

Where do I place these pictures?

Mr_B0narpte said:
Where do I place these pictures?

pics in: DH/Mods/Darkest Hour Full/gfx/interface/pics
leaders CSV in: DH/Mods/Darkest Hour Full/db/leaders
ministers CSV in: DH/Mods/Darkest Hour Full/db/ministers

the CSVs are the only things which are overwritten. so maybe backup your original U08.CSVs

Last edited:
That's one way to have your mod bumped :p

forgot the most but as far as i can see (1.02) - parts. there is still an admiral with Pickelhaube (von Lans http://www.deutsche-schutzgebiete.de/lans.htm )
i forgot most, but admiral + Pickelhaube is close to impossible.
i think i had no "unknowns" in that mod anymore as i replaced all (at least land leaders).

Meyer-Waldeck ( http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Meyer-Waldeck ) in Qunigdao should get a sleep leader evt if the province is taken as he's just a governor.

as for the rest i dont recall, just Arturius should have some images from me for admirals and just in case you want to combine the two WWs have a look at the ministers. some ministries are build up to 36 (mostly military ones like Intel)

Close to, but perhaps not entirely. I think you might find one of Stosch floating around somewhere.
If a pic of Lanz is needed I have one on tap - black and white only I'm afraid (but when has that ever been a problem for you).
well i have somebody who is called "Lans_Wilhelm_von_dkr.bmp" on my HD. he can be found in a folder called "ww1 leaders improved v.3". he looks like an admiral ;)
so maybe check first post again?

EDIT: Adm Lans in DH looks a lot like General von Goßler? http://ordensmuseum.de/historische-oe/general-der-infanterie-konrad-ernst-von-gosler/
OT, quite impressive to fight in ww1 when born in 1848.

Last edited:
Yep, that's Admiral Lanz alright - at least that's what my hardcopy source tells me. He does look a bit like Spee though, doesn't he? Just happier. I don't think that he actually held an active command in WWI, but I'm prepared to be proved wrong.

The Stosch I was referring to was Albrecht von Stosch - a General of Infantry who transferred to become admiral and first chief of the imperial navy. I have a photo (or a photo of a drawing - can't remember which) of him floating around somewhere, complete with Pickelhaube.