• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(144711)

Sergeant
4 Badges
Jun 25, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
Hello all. I know most are probably using the colorized versions, but I made these for myself since I just don't dig that watercolored look. This is a complete reworking of my old HOI2 pic pack. It contains COMPLETE German leader replacements for both scenarios, including a folder of genuine color alternates (i.e. non-doctored) if you want to mix and match. Me, I like all leaders and ministers in vintage B&W for that nice documentary, newsreel feel. But to each his own. Folder structure is such that you can just drop this folder in your main Darkest Hour directory and it will overwrite the old files. There is also an alternate UO8 file for the 1914 scenario; I didn't change values, but fixed some spelling errors and added pics for some previously "Unknown" ones.

Image1-3.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?s827rq2k04jt4p9

Alternates:
https://rapidshare.com/files/459703919/HOI2_Darkest_Hour_GER_Leader_Complete.zip

Last edited:
Sorry, should have said, there are only replacements for around eight of the Anonymous generals. These are almost impossible to find pics of. I did find some, though. This does replace all of the other EXISTING generals with hi-quality, correct aspect ratio versions.

Apologies for being a complete idiot, but how do you download from mediafire? I clicked on the link above, which took me through to the mediafire page for your German Leader Pack, but then it just sits there....

Sorry, should have said, there are only replacements for around eight of the Anonymous generals. These are almost impossible to find pics of. I did find some, though. This does replace all of the other EXISTING generals with hi-quality, correct aspect ratio versions.

I thought it was too good to be true - I've tried hunting for some of those pics myself with no success. Still, I'm grateful for even those few replacements and your pics definitely offer superior quality images. Well worth the download, so thanks again.

Epa said:
I thought it was too good to be true - I've tried hunting for some of those pics myself with no success.

maybe wait a bit.. who knows what the future might bring?:D:D

Er...can anybody give me more detailed install instructions other than "Drop the folder in the DH directory"? Would I just copy the leaders into the pics and let them overwrite, or what?

Will be included in official patch but will update here as necessary.

EDIT: Not in 1.01 but will be in next release.

Thanks again for letting us include your work to Darkest Hour (just added to patch 1.02).

Please sent me via PM or an e-mail your name to add it to Darkest Hour's credits.