• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yet another awesome and creative AAR. Subscribed!

Who would you say had a more successful turn.

I'd say both had a great turn. Bavaria had an awesome situation from the very start, but the regency was a setback. I'd call this a tie.

I loved your Ming AAR and this looks like such an original and fun idea! I'm really looking forward to how it turns out, good luck knul!
:)

Edit: While I typed that the first post came up, probably another edit coming shortly to comment on that!

Edit 2: Not much to add, loving the sports commentator style and both teams are looking very promising!

Good to see that you like this AAR as well, KPJ. It's encouraging to hear that the sport commentator/game show host style is well received. As it is an unusual style, I was not sure if it would be appreciated.

im liking this.
Yet another awesome and creative AAR. Subscribed!
Thanks, good to hear.

Who would you say had a more successful turn.
I'd say both had a great turn. Bavaria had an awesome situation from the very start, but the regency was a setback. I'd call this a tie.

Well, Bavaria ended with higher inflation and Taire with higher infamy, both conquered roughly the same amount of territory, so in that regard both teams are tied, Personally I think Bavaria did perfom better than expected. Taira did not do much better than in my test games (as I never played a Daimyo before, I did some short test games to practice), while I didn't expect Bavaria to have two Electors under its thumb in the first turn.

But then again, EU3 is all about the long term, so a single good turn doesn't change that much. At least there was plenty of action for both teams!

Last edited:
An interesting idea - I actually lurked throughout your Ming AAR, so I'll be following this with interest. Having the AI control each nation half the time should be a nice challenge!

Loving the LEGO time machine :D

I would say Bavaria is the winner of round one. Two electors at once is much better than a couple provinces.

The writing style reminds me of American Gladiators :D

An interesting idea - I actually lurked throughout your Ming AAR, so I'll be following this with interest. Having the AI control each nation half the time should be a nice challenge!

Loving the LEGO time machine :D
Thanks for coming out of the shadows, AllmyJames. I can only hope the AI won't screw up the nations too much. A large part of my strategy will focus on minimizing the damage the AI can do while I'm away.

Nice start. You have my attention!
Should I start worrying now, as three moderators have promised to pay attention to this?

I would say Bavaria is the winner of round one. Two electors at once is much better than a couple provinces.

I would agree with BootOnFace...Bavaria getting vassals and prov's with the elector bonus leads it to the top
Guess we'll see what happens next
It will be interesting to see which nations can form Japan/Germany the quickest. While Bavaria made good progress, I think forming Japan is easier than forming Germany, so to me it's still undecided.

The writing style reminds me of American Gladiators :D
Is that a good or a bad thing? Never seen American Gladiators.

It might please you to know you've been nominated as Fan of the Week by myself! Congratulations on a job well done!

It was fun when watching it as a kid. So it is a good thing :D

It might please you to know you've been nominated as Fan of the Week by myself! Congratulations on a job well done!
Thanks Avindian! I appreciate it very much.

It was fun when watching it as a kid. So it is a good thing :D
Aahh, so my AARs are at least at the level of childish amusement, good to know ;P

Very nice start. Right now, I have yet to pick a favorite team, so I'm looking forward to one team catching my eye.
You better hurry, as the deadline for placing bets is fast approaching!

What, no one is betting? How then am I supposed to get the money necessary to pay for the electricity bill of the XS-35?

I like your style!

I followed your China AAR from beginning to the end and I will folow this one too. :)
Good to see another loyal reader from my previous AAR. It's very nice to hear that my style is appreciated. I play EU3 now with even more pleasure as I know that not only I enjoy the game but I can entertain others with my campaign as well.

Loving the idea, personally it frightens me a little, letting the AI take control at all.
But for an AAR it's great, adds some unexcpected twists and excitement.

I'd say Bavaria did better, brilliant elector grabs.
But I'm generally not very fond of the HRE, and Taira is my favorite of the Japanese factions.
So... GO TAIRA!

The concept and delivery are awesome, but what worries me is that no matter how well will you play, AI will just come and use up those 10 years to screw things up, and it won't be mojo. At least for you, because watching you trying to fight against pc on so many levels will probably make for a great AAR. You can always present it as glitches in the time machine, y'know...
So yeah, awaiting next update.