+ Reply to Thread
Page 388 of 388 FirstFirst ... 288 313 338 363 378 386 387 388
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 7755

Thread: Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Kiwi View Post
    I'd love to, except I've not actually got anywhere in the game having never installed something to let me get at the bottom most buttons. For example, in the task groups screen

I think it could be done, if you can survive long enough for a good gauss PD setup. It'd take some good design and tactics to actually hit them back though.
    Have you tried setting your monitor to its highest supported vertical resolution... mine is currently set at 1280 x 800... and checking the "Reduced Height Windows" option in the mini-bar at game start? That's how I played through my AAR.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    Have you tried setting your monitor to its highest supported vertical resolution... mine is currently set at 1280 x 800... and checking the "Reduced Height Windows" option in the mini-bar at game start? That's how I played through my AAR.
    Yes, and I've also shifted by taskbar to the side of screen. On a 1366x768 laptop it's not enough, although I can still do everything in the design window and most other screens.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine an episode of Mr. Beanóforever.

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k club

I got the impression 5.52 wasn't quite as well working as 5.42 was, at this time.
    ...so I've been patiently waiting for 5.53 to come, alas, it's been weeks already.
    Why are you dodging like this, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist(ance*) -John Sedgwick, moments before being shot through the eye
    *whether the sentence was actually cut or finished is disputed

Well, I've made the switch from 5.42 to 5.52, and it seems to be working fine.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

New game of Aurora, new patch and disabled all races in 5-10 years after you start.
    - La esperanza es como el azķcar en el tť. Aunque es muy poca, todo lo endulza.
    Proverbio chino

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    StarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You might wanna hold off a few days. Steve mentioned he found a db bug and every time he has to alter the database file, it breaks saves (and also erases them). It is a minor issue, and not common, but most annoying when it does happen. He said something about making the database patch optional though, so I dunno if it'll be a big deal. Still, if you're gonna restart anyway...
    For the Republic!

...Whichever republic I happen to be playing at the moment.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Looks interesting...
    Come and hunt your fellow Paradoxians in the Werewolf Forum

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

.. if kinda dead.
    "Donít only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by randakar View Post
    .. if kinda dead.
    very dead...

Rendap put a new game up, and Emu has declared this game dead anyway. So yeah
    "Donít only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi

I know it's dead but just wanted to say it was a great read, Blue Emu!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Just read through all of this, an awesome read, especially the first scary parts and the very close first battle with the Prix.
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0£
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

-- Ludwig von Beethoven

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2

Well done Emu, great read.

+ Reply to Thread