+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 388 FirstFirst ... 222 247 272 297 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 347 372 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,440 of 7755

Thread: Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    For Christ's sake...

The Pratt Carrier line has set up a tourist route, using Luxury Liners to ship rich AND VERY STUPID tourists out to El Dorado, where they go wandering across the battlefield, into the ruined city, poking into sealed vaults and trying to buy souveneirs from the homicidal killer robots. Naturally, most of them get their heads ripped off, and then they complain.

... well... the ones that DIDN'T get their heads ripped off complain. The ones that DID get their heads ripped off don't say very much.

OK, that's it. I'm placing this planet under interdict. No more tourists. WILL ALL OF YOU IDIOTS JUST GO HOME???

I went into SM mode, removed the tourists to a different planet, and flagged El Dorado as a source of colonists instead of a destination. Since it has zero population, that should keep people away.

Idiots.
    Very realistic! Eldorado is the new Troy!
    I resent any "science" which tells me I can't have my cake and eat it. I am however a huge fan of quantum physics.

"So while Libya should have done much better, i think they did quite well with Gaddafi." - Klausewitz

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

The combined Fleet has arrived in 82 Eridani. The two Blink class Fast Recon ships are out in front of the fleet, scouting with their 1 b-km active sensors. When and if they encounter the Prix, their 10,000 kps speed should whisk them to safety while the fleet engages the enemy.

Eldorado is the new Troy!
    Did tourists visiting the ruins of Troy get their heads ripped off by homicidal killer robots?
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Nice. Time to get rid of some more prix!

Excellent, time to see how our latest generation of weapon systems do against the Prix scourge.

Are you sure Syber died, or did he simply suffer some interesting side effects from his cloaking technology research?

No no no no no
    No no no no no no no
    No no no no ...yes?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne

Tactical:

We are advancing inward, in the general direction of the inner system.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Charlie really wanted to survey those planets, didn't he? You have to give him credit for persistence.

Is there anything at all we can gain from Charlie wrecks (other than raw materials)? I'm not sure whether we've got everything useful via research sharing, or if they have older tech that's still better than ours.

No no no no no
    No no no no no no no
    No no no no ...yes?

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IILegio
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black Cove
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Do you want one of the Fast Recon vessels... they can actually outrun the Prix. Or you could wait a few months and take a warship... whichever you prefer.
    Whichever is the deadliest!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Kiwi View Post
    Charlie really wanted to survey those planets, didn't he? You have to give him credit for persistence.

Is there anything at all we can gain from Charlie wrecks (other than raw materials)? I'm not sure whether we've got everything useful via research sharing, or if they have older tech that's still better than ours.
    Yeah, research sharing only shares NEW techs, discovered after the treaty has come into force. They might have a few old ones that we don't yet know. It's the to-be-created Prix wrecks that will be valuable, though.

Found some Prix ships... five of them. The sensors work exactly as designed... we picked up the Prix ships right on the outer edge of our sensor range. I will continue towards them with the scouts for a bit, so that we don't lose them when we reverse course.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonyx View Post
    Whichever is the deadliest!
    The Recon vessels have no weapons... so I assume that you want a warship.

Phew, finally caught back up. I stopped reading for about a week after the First Battle of Wolf 294.

All hands, this is your captain speaking.

Many of you were with me on this very ship when we fought the Prix at Wolf 294. We were ambushed, trapped with no hope of escape, yet we held firm. Our courage and faith in the Emu saw us through to a great victory, one that gave us the world of El Dorado and a wealth of resources and technology.

This time, we have the upper hand. Our fleet is larger, faster, better protected. Our tactics are more refined. And this time, we have the element of surprise. We have the Prix on our scopes, and we are now moving to engage.

I expect every man and women on this crew to live up to the good name of the ESN Suspicious. We must perform to the highest standard. The Prix are hurting, and a wounded animal is at its most dangerous. But we will prevail.

No no no no no
    No no no no no no no
    No no no no ...yes?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Reilnur View Post
    Phew, finally caught back up. I stopped reading for about a week after the First Battle of Wolf 294.
    .. just in time for the start of the battle for 82 Eridani

So, 3 Qara and 2 Yuan class vessels so far. Do we know what type of vessels these are? The Beki class was responsible for firing the 19 salvo shots, so are these beam ships perhaps?

Also I'd definitely would want to salvage some of the charlie ships. At worst it will give us some idea of their tech level ;-)
    "Dont only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Reilnur View Post
    Not a great deal has happened since then, in terms of interstellar war at least. We've made a lot of peaceful progress since then, allying with three races and doubling our science output.

You're just in time for a new battle!

The five-ship Prix squadron is roughly 2.3 b-km from our Fleet. We have altered course to intercept. Our high-speed scouts are still in no danger... if he has weapons that can hurt them from 950 m-km away, then we're in the wrong star system... so they will continue on course to see if there's anything coming up close behind him.

Keeper of the seven keys Lord Martin's Avatar
    200k clubVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Excellent!

Are my ship, ESN Vega in the strike force?
    Since the custom avatars are gone, Im aiming at 1.000.000 posts instead!!!!
    998.333 posts left...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martin View Post
    Excellent!

Are my ship, ESN Vega in the strike force?
    Yes, everybody is present except ESN Medway and ESN Wolf 294, which are in drydock being refitted up to Battle-II standards.

Reversing course with the scouts... our recce vessels have only a 600 kps speed advantage over the Prix, so they should be able to keep the Prix squadron within sensor range while withdrawing behind the advancing fleet. It occurrs to me that these scouts will make excellent battle-management vessels against typical Prix opponents, since we can paint them from over 950 m-km away.

Our main fleet is closing on the Prix squadron at about 50 m-km each hour. They seem to be chasing our scouts instead of heading for our main fleet. We will launch our 92 Streak Fighters at about half-a-billion km. The 42 Gnats will need to be carried about twice that close before launching.

While the battle is in progress, a report has come from El Dorado announcing the discovery of another techology in the ruined city... another +20% to mining efficiency.

Tactical:

EDIT: Huh... 82 Eridani IX might be the best Sorium-bearing Gas Giant that I've ever seen... over 1.5 million tons at 100% concentration. Looks like we'll colonize this system after crushing its Prix occupants.
    Last edited by blue emu; 19-06-2011 at 01:59.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Tactical:

EDIT: Huh... 82 Eridani IX might be the best Sorium-bearing Gas Giant that I've ever seen... over 1.5 million tons at 100% concentration. Looks like we'll colonize this system after crushing its Prix occupants.
    Sweet mineral bounty to go along with the soon to be created Prix Wrecks!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Additionally, that 69,000 ton has got to be some sort of Charlie freighter right?

+ Reply to Thread