+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 388 FirstFirst ... 221 246 271 296 311 319 320 321 322 323 331 346 371 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,420 of 7755

Thread: Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

82 Eridani
    It's only 4 Jumps from Sol away and has 3 Mars like planets.

What's your current capacitor recharge rate tech?
    Last edited by fnt; 18-06-2011 at 20:20.

I vote for 82 Eridani as well. Vengeance before filthy lucre (if nothing else, because the colonization effort is already spread too thin for filthy lucre to be abundant).
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by.
    It ended abruptly in the middle of nowhere; would not pick again.
    A traveler

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by GrimPagan View Post
    If we want technology, Tauri is probably the best bet, if the Prix are depended on habital planets as well.
    The best tech site we found, El Dorado, was on a class-2 world, not class-0.

If we just want to clear out the systems, go for the ones who are in our path of expansion or just threathen our colonies.
    None are really in our way, except perhaps for the two pointed out by Cromelex.

Though we don't want to extend our supply lines too much, we are already running into difficulties with our current dig site, so we must make sure that we can ship out any new finds and yet keep our other operations running.
    Yeah, I'd rather finish with El Dorado before getting stuck in another similar system. I suppose we shouldn't complain about being too rich, though.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by fnt View Post
    What's your current capacitor recharge rate tech?
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    If you want to build some decent beam ship for area defense you should research a better one.
    15 cm laser need at least 6 to have a ROF of 5.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition

What is the population of the Nexus? If it's considerable, we may want to start shipping factories to that planet, in order to start production of installations. That way we can use it as a forgeworld for the development of new worlds.
    Repress Your Anger
    Think Negatively
    Be a Good Blamer
    And Throttle Your Inner Child

Another research lab, another Deep Space Tracking Station (the tenth, not counting the one that the Robots ripped apart), another robot attack.

The Nexus is up to 8.45 million colonists, with 17 Factories but only 2 mines. We don't yet have a reliable source of minerals set up at that end of our empire... I've been shipping them in.

For Christ's sake...

The Pratt Carrier line has set up a tourist route, using Luxury Liners to ship rich AND VERY STUPID tourists out to El Dorado, where they go wandering across the battlefield, into the ruined city, poking into sealed vaults and trying to buy souveneirs from the homicidal killer robots. Naturally, most of them get their heads ripped off, and then they complain.

... well... the ones that DIDN'T get their heads ripped off complain. The ones that DID get their heads ripped off don't say very much.

OK, that's it. I'm placing this planet under interdict. No more tourists. WILL ALL OF YOU IDIOTS JUST GO HOME???

I went into SM mode, removed the tourists to a different planet, and flagged El Dorado as a source of colonists instead of a destination. Since it has zero population, that should keep people away.

Idiots.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

I lol'd.
    Anyways, hows the fighting on the ground going?

Quote Originally Posted by Hearth View Post
    I lol'd.
    Anyways, hows the fighting on the ground going?
    Lots of combat, lots of experience gain for everybody.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

Current research projects:

Have I died?
    - La esperanza es como el azúcar en el té. Aunque es muy poca, todo lo endulza.
    Proverbio chino

The first two Battles have finished refitting to Battle-II class, and have rejoined the Combined Fleet while the last two Battles have taken their places on the slips for their own refit. The fleet has finished overhaul, and is ready to depart for some Prix-hunting.

The Combined Fleet (minus vessels currently detached for refit) now consists of :

two Rock-II class Decoy Vessels
    two Rock-III class Decoy Vessels
    six Mountain-II class Light Carriers
    three Battle-II class Heavy Cruisers
    six Attitude-II class Light Cruisers
    six Star-II class Destroyers
    two Admiral-II class Command Cruisers
    one Peeping Tom class Battle Management Vessel
    one Culverin class Monitor
    three Cornucopia class Ammunition Tenders
    four Tipple class Fleet Tankers
    two Blink class Fast Recon Vessels
    four Spy class Recon Vessels
    eight Storm class Gauss Point Defense Frigates

... a total of fifty vessels.

EDIT:

... and 40 Gnats, two Gnat Strike Leaders, and 92 Streaks. Four of the Mountain-IIs have been re-armed with Streaks, the other two are still carrying Gnat groups.
    Last edited by blue emu; 18-06-2011 at 22:22.

Quote Originally Posted by calestos View Post
    Have I died?
    No, you're just on vacation for a few weeks.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

The Combined Fleet (minus vessels currently detached for refit) now consists of :

two Rock-II class Decoy Vessels
    two Rock-III class Decoy Vessels
    six Mountain-II class Light Carriers
    three Battle-II class Heavy Cruisers
    six Attitude-II class Light Cruisers
    six Star-II class Destroyers
    two Admiral-II class Command Cruisers
    one Peeping Tom class Battle Management Vessel
    one Culverin class Monitor
    three Cornucopia class Ammunition Tenders
    four Tipple class Fleet Tankers
    two Blink class Fast Recon Vessels
    four Spy class Recon Vessels
    eight Storm class Gauss Point Defense Frigates

... a total of fifty vessels.
    Are the minelayers part of this operation? They did prove rather useless last time, though.
    "What is a hen-teaser?"

"Coffee? What am I, some American who has no tea because he threw it into the ocean, and thus has to settle for coffee?"
    - Volrath50

Captain Schuermann has been placed in command of the new Battle-II class Heavy Cruiser ESN Trafalgar.

Commander Arnold Kiwi Rimmewr has been promoted to Captain and placed in command of the Attitude-II class Light Cruiser ESN Aggressive.

Commodore Stamasd has been placed in command of the Star-II class Destroyer ESN Procyon.

Commander Jos de Trol is promoted to Captain and placed in command of Wasp-X FAC 002.

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Are the minelayers part of this operation? They did prove rather useless last time, though.
    Too slow. I'll just use them as Minelayers until I have a chance to refit more powerful engines into them.

I just spent over an hour transferring more than a hundred pilots from Gnats to Streaks... one at a time.

I'm starting to question the theory that this might have been the Prix's home world... why would the need so many terraforming stations on their home planet? For cleaning up the aftermath of nuclear bombardment?
    well, you gave this for that planet's info:
    which shows they tinkered with the temperature, so doubtfull its there homeworld indeed

Quote Originally Posted by onbekende View Post
    well, you gave this for that planet's info:

which shows they tinkered with the temperature, so doubtfull its there homeworld indeed
    The difference between "Base Temp" and current temperature does not necessarily indicate terraforming. Albedo (1.05, in this case) affects the final temperature, as does the gas mix in the atmosphere (Greenhouse effect).

Scientist Syber has been killed in a lab accident. I would have expected that to happen to Bo Mosberg...

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IILegio
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black Cove
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

So, when will advancement from small suicidal ship (James Bond I think it was?) to large suicidal ship be possible?

Do you want one of the Fast Recon vessels... they can actually outrun the Prix. Or you could wait a few months and take a warship... whichever you prefer.

EDIT: We are now allied with the Chix, the Seals, and the Charlies.

+ Reply to Thread