+ Reply to Thread
Page 315 of 388 FirstFirst ... 215 240 265 290 305 313 314 315 316 317 325 340 365 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,300 of 7755

Thread: Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    Do you mean... give your scientist PC an NPC name (Fred Farkle, for instance) and rename the governor of Moria to Tuominen? I can do that. What I cannot do is send your scientist out as Governor. Only Administrators can be made Governors, not Scientists, Naval Officers or Ground Forces Officers.
    Yeah, rename scientist persona and make me a Governator of Moria! So, now we have pc there

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Tuominen View Post
    Yeah, rename scientist persona and make me a Governator of Moria! So, now we have pc there
    Done. You are now Governor of Moria, the main mining colony of the Empire. Your traits are:

Admin level 6, Wealth creation bonus 15%, Mining bonus 30%, Population growth bonus 10%, Ground unit construction 10%, Logistics bonus 10% (of those, only the Mining and Logistics will be used... there aren't any PEOPLE on Moria); Determined, Energetic, Organized.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Done. You are now Governor of Moria, the main mining colony of the Empire. Your traits are:

Admin level 6, Wealth creation bonus 15%, Mining bonus 30%, Population growth bonus 10%, Ground unit construction 10%, Logistics bonus 10% (of those, only the Mining and Logistics will be used... there aren't any PEOPLE on Moria); Determined, Energetic, Organized.
    Lets hope we dont dig into mountain too deep and too greedily... err... what I am talking about "DRILLL!!"

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Tuominen View Post
    Lets hope we dont dig into mountain too deep and too greedily... err... what I am talking about "DRILLL!!"
    I wouldn't worry too much about that. I think the marines on El Dorado could handle pretty much anything right now. A balrog's hardly likely to even slow them down.
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Dewirix View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about that. I think the marines on El Dorado could handle pretty much anything right now. A balrog's hardly likely to even slow them down.
    Regarding the Marines, have I arrived yet?

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k club

Another rather specialized ship that we might consider... sort of a one-trick-pony, but it`s a pretty good trick... is a Military Freighter. A ship with Military engines, fleet speed, with armor and shields, but instead of weapons it has five cargo holds. The idea would be to carry five Deep Space Tracking Stations into battle, and drop then off on some handy planet or asteroid, to make a Listening Post that would reveal all enemy ships within a billion km or so. Naturally, this trick would only work in certain situations, so pre-battle recon by Blinks would be a must.
    Err, here I was thinking Deep Space Tracking Stations were 'BIG', ie you couldn't even fit one into 5 cargo holds. Hmn, just closed the game, but I think you should double check how many of those you can actually fit into one such 'freighter'..
    Why are you dodging like this, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist(ance*) -John Sedgwick, moments before being shot through the eye
    *whether the sentence was actually cut or finished is disputed

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne

We now have 77 research labs on Earth, with another one building and several more en-route to Earth. By the time they arrive, our research capacity will have doubled over what it was when the first battle of Wolf 294 was fought... if the +20% research tech that we've learned since then is also included.

Quote Originally Posted by Hearth View Post
    Regarding the Marines, have I arrived yet?
    Yes.

Err, here I was thinking Deep Space Tracking Stations were 'BIG', ie you couldn't even fit one into 5 cargo holds. Hmn, just closed the game, but I think you should double check how many of those you can actually fit into one such 'freighter'..
    According to the Wiki, five cargo holds per DSTS. Which is less than you thought, but more than I thought.
    Last edited by blue emu; 17-06-2011 at 16:12.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Can I have an update on my stats please Blue Emu?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrell8 View Post
    Can I have an update on my stats please Blue Emu?
    Colonel Morrell8, commanding 104th Heavy Assault (Armored) Battalion on El Dorado. Ground Combat Bonus +29%, Methodical, Optimistic, Averse to risk.

Most of our PCs started with typical skills of around +10%... so it looks like you've gained 19 skill-points fighting robots.

We just received a Missile Scientist! We didn't get one at game-start, and we've had to play the entire game so far... twenty-three years... without one!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    500k club

We just received a Missile Scientist! We didn't get one at game-start, and we've had to play the entire game so far... twenty-three years... without one!
    Rocket maaaaaaan, burning out his fuse up here aloneeeee
    Switzerland: Since 1291

Pilot of Spitfire 012.
    Current Skillset: Crew Training 50, Fleet Init 153, Survey 10%, Fighter Ops 10%, Communications 10%, authoritarian, combative, results oriented

Major
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Great!
    Cinis sum.
    Cinis terra est.
    Terra est deae.
    Ergo mortuo non sum.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2

What are my stats by the way? I'm not still a listless, drug addicted officer on the Chandrasekhar am I?
    And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it." Amen.

200k club

I'll be your Rocketeer.
    AAR Commentator and Werewolf Whackjob

"Getting paid for reading is the best way to make a living."

The best bit in that game is this PM from OY to his packmates:

OrangeYoshi: ... I'll also put in a preliminary hunt order to Hunt Oky's replacement. (THE_SPLIT if I'm not mistaken). He publicly asked for a sub, and that is slightly more common in Lite if you have some sort of important role.

This is OY putting in a hunt order on Oky's replacement, who is none other than OY.

Quote Originally Posted by von Sachsen View Post
    What are my stats by the way? I'm not still a listless, drug addicted officer on the Chandrasekhar am I?
    No, you've been commanding an Attitude-II class Light Cruiser for the past 13 years, and you won a Battle Star decoration in the first battle of Wolf 294.

Commodore von Sachsen, in command of Attitude-II class Light Cruiser ESN Defiant: Crew Training 150, Fleet Init 260, Survey +16%, Terraforming +10%, Listless, Substance Abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciryandor
    I'll be your Rocketeer.
    Scientist Ciryandor has joined our research team. Admin 3, Missiles/Kinetic Energy Weapons +20%, Motivated, Results-oriented, Self-confident.

Oh, since everyone is bothering our Great Leader with such trivia, I suppose I'm still commanding a Light Cruiser (should be Sirius), but I never had any update on my stats, which probably should've slightly improved after a decade of a reckless life in deep faraway space
    I suspect I should have something like +5% survey by now, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by GaiusC View Post
    Oh, since everyone is bothering our Great Leader with such trivia, I suppose I'm still commanding a Light Cruiser (should be Sirius), but I never had any update on my stats, which probably should've slightly improved after a decade of a reckless life in deep faraway space
    I suspect I should have something like +5% survey by now, at least.
    ESN Sirius was your Star-II class Destroyer. You are commanding the Attitude-II class Light Cruiser ESN Belligerent. Crew Training 50, Fleet Init 253, Survey +3%, Logistics +10%, Poor Family, Uncaring.

Our five-member TKFS Geology team now has a total skill of +331%, with two of the team members at +70% skill. They just found yet another lode of Minerals in the Procyon system (same system as Moria).

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

on the subject of bothering the Emu:

What are my bonuses, commanding the ESN Medway? And how is my crew?

Also: did you deploy the geo team to El Dorado yet, or will that be after all the ruins are gone?
    ICQ #331727773
    canonized on 11/08/2007

Overall Best WW player is Avernite with 7 wins overall (Dec 2006-sometime 2007)

jonti-h:No-one's perfect
    General Jac: Except Avernite , that's why I kill him every game

Jopi: I'll vote Avernite. He's a hard player to read, and therefore always dangerous.
    Avernite: Avernite is a very mean person because he always comes up with great ideas

Found another terraforming station, and another free tech which increases our terraforming rate by another +20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Avernite View Post
    on the subject of bothering the Emu:

What are my bonuses, commanding the ESN Medway? And how is my crew?

Also: did you deploy the geo team to El Dorado yet, or will that be after all the ruins are gone?
    CT 75, FI 256, Survey 15, Xeno 17, Logistics 10, Ops 20, Cold manner, Inconsiderate, Courageous, Many social interests. Your crew has reached 48% crew training and a +13% grade bonus (eg: +13% to-hit with your missiles).

Yes, the Geo team has finished with El Dorado, with somewhat disappointing results. They found three new mineral deposits to add to the two already there... but ore concentrations were only 10% which is pretty marginal. Tonnages in the millions, though.

Yes, the Geo team has finished with El Dorado, with somewhat disappointing results. They found three new mineral deposits to add to the two already there... but ore concentrations were only 10% which is pretty marginal. Tonnages in the millions, though.
    So, the local aliens deserted the city because they were running short on minerals?

+ Reply to Thread