+ Reply to Thread
Page 289 of 388 FirstFirst ... 189 214 239 264 279 287 288 289 290 291 299 314 339 364 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,780 of 7755

Thread: Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Are the shield regeneration tech and this terraforming one applied immediately throughout the empire or is it something that requires new designs?
    The terraforming tech is applied immediately, to all of our existing terraforming stations. The shield tech forms the basis of a new shield design... the actual hardware must be researched separately (but hardware research is usually quite cheap and quick, except for jump-drive hardware).

Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    With those research labs, the techs AND the tech sharing with the Charlies, things could be looking pretty good for the foreseeable future!
    Yeah, the tech situation will soon be looking pretty good.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

unless, of course, we find so many labs that we run out of money again
    ICQ #331727773
    canonized on 11/08/2007

Overall Best WW player is Avernite with 7 wins overall (Dec 2006-sometime 2007)

jonti-h:No-one's perfect
    General Jac: Except Avernite , that's why I kill him every game

Jopi: I'll vote Avernite. He's a hard player to read, and therefore always dangerous.
    Avernite: Avernite is a very mean person because he always comes up with great ideas

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Avernite View Post
    unless, of course, we find so many labs that we run out of money again
    There is that possibility, yes. I've been stashing it away pretty well, though. We've got about $150,000 bucks in the bank.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IILegio
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black Cove
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

A question or two about tech sharing.

The seals doesn't have any ships, at all right?

Would they gain that ability with tech sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by Vonyx View Post
    A question or two about tech sharing.

The seals doesn't have any ships, at all right?

Would they gain that ability with tech sharing?
    We didn't see any ships the first time we entered their system... but the same was true of the Chix, and they've got lots of ships cruising around now. We may have been premature in thinking that some of these dudes don't have space-flight. Their ships might just have been elsewhere.

Found ANOTHER lab. I'm finding them so often that I've got FOUR of them in transit to Earth at the moment.
    Last edited by blue emu; 12-06-2011 at 14:46.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    Found ANOTHER lab. I'm finding them so often that I've got FOUR of them in transit to Earth at them moment.
    That's good, you don't build any lab and you need more money.
    - La esperanza es como el azúcar en el té. Aunque es muy poca, todo lo endulza.
    Proverbio chino

Good news from Charlie:

You're going to get their research (low research?) while you're supposed to give them your research?
    It's not a 1-1 trade?
    This doesn't sound fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebukadnezar View Post
    You're going to get their research (low research?) while you're supposed to give them your research?
    It's not a 1-1 trade?
    This doesn't sound fair.
    At the moment they're the only ones giving away research. When it becomes reciprocal, at first it will be about evening out our respective strengths and weaknesses. Later, it will mean that we'll both progress faster, since we'll have a pool of researchers and labs between us (though there will of course be some doubling up). Also, if we are stronger it will also make them more useful allies in the event of war.

The main downside if they do end up getting the bigger leg up is that they may end up exploiting resources we want faster.
    v = {sx mod n : n,s∈N, n≥3, s<n, x∈Zn*, x≥y ∀y∈Zn*, sx mod n ≠ s}
    No no no no no
    No no no no no no no
    No no no no ...yes?

DONT TREAD ON ME Moderator TheLoneGunman's Avatar
    51 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    King Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

How are our civilian companies doing?
    "also most of paradox rise as a successful company can be attributed to the motivating powers of "Mr Nibbles", a vicious old platypus specimen Johan keep locked in a drawer. Whenever a programmer isn't working fast enough, or introduces a bug Mr Nibbles is let out of the box to give the perpetrator a nasty bite." - podcat

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoneGunman View Post
    How are our civilian companies doing?
    Very well... Pratt has 24 ships, Savage (the new company) has two. We've built a network of jump gates linking all of our colonies, and also linking in the Charlies, Chix and Seals... so the Civvies are running trade shipments all through known space.

I'm under the impression that tech sharing only applies to new research, not to existing research.

Our scientific team has completed the next missile warhead tech:

Missile Size: 6 MSP (0.3 HS) Warhead: 9 Armour: 0 Manoeuvre Rating: 20
    Speed: 30700 km/s Endurance: 23 minutes Range: 42.9m km
    Cost Per Missile: 5.5667
    Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 614% 3k km/s 200% 5k km/s 122.8% 10k km/s 61.4%
    Materials Required: 2.25x Tritanium 4.2567x Gallicite Fuel x2500
    Missile Size: 4 MSP (0.2 HS) Warhead: 5 Armour: 0 Manoeuvre Rating: 21
    Speed: 38000 km/s Endurance: 11 minutes Range: 25.1m km
    Cost Per Missile: 4.0583
    Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 798% 3k km/s 252% 5k km/s 159.6% 10k km/s 79.8%
    Materials Required: 1.25x Tritanium 3.3345x Gallicite Fuel x976.5
    Missile Size: 1 MSP (0.05 HS) Warhead: 1 Armour: 0 Manoeuvre Rating: 19
    Speed: 48200 km/s Endurance: 4 minutes Range: 10.3m km
    Cost Per Missile: 1.2777
    Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 915.8% 3k km/s 304% 5k km/s 183.2% 10k km/s 91.6%
    Materials Required: 0.25x Tritanium 0.7823x Gallicite Fuel x100

We've dug up another Deep Space Monitoring Network... and spotted another Prix groupie hanging out in the fringe of the Wolf 294 system.

It's not the same one. This is Chakhar 003, the earlier one was (and presumably still is) Chakhar 001.

Would it be possible to design a reasonably-armed chase craft to hunt down these Prix drifters? Can we even reach 9000+ kps with any size of ship?
    A lie can make it half-way around the world before the truth has time to put its boots on.
    .-- .. -. - . .-. / .. ... / -.-. --- -- .. -. --. .-.-.-

maybe bring some carriers nearby then see what the new superfighters can do?
    I resent any "science" which tells me I can't have my cake and eat it. I am however a huge fan of quantum physics.

"So while Libya should have done much better, i think they did quite well with Gaddafi." - Klausewitz

We just set up another Tracking network... the third... on that planet, and we've spotted our other Prix groupie, Chakhar 001, who ran away from us last time. Both of them are hanging out more than a billion km out in the boon-docks. I'll just leave them to it for now, since they will likely run if I try to approach them.

In other news, it was a big turn for the Archeologists. They dug up four Stellerator Fusion Power Plants, two automated mines, one mine, 4,000,000 litres of rocket fuel, and our third free tech (+20% mining efficiency)... all on the same turn. We've now opened about one-tenth of the vaults.

maybe bring some carriers nearby then see what the new superfighters can do?
    If you mean the 13,000 kps babies, we haven't built any. I've been focussing on expanding our resource base rather than our Navy, and intend to continue doing so for at least another couple of years. At the moment, our primary need is minerals, not more ships.

Manners Makyth Man Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

The most dangerous place to which a young man can be sent.
    What exactly are The power plants?

Also, go Julius Strange! Do I get an archaeology medal for the discoveries on El Dorado?
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

For the cities which were formerly great have most of them become insignificant; and such as are at present powerful, were weak in the olden time. I shall therefore discourse equally of both, convinced that human happiness never continues long in one stay.
    Herodotus of Halicarnassus

"Why are so many rowers atheists? Because anyone who has done a 2K knows that there is no god."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Strange View Post
    What exactly are The power plants?

Also, go Julius Strange! Do I get an archaeology medal for the discoveries on El Dorado?
    Yes, I've fallen behind in awarding medals. Autonomous has one coming, as do each of the Archeology team, Governor Nixon, and the members of the anti-Robot ground forces... about a dozen ground officers.

The power plants are to power Laser weapons... and that tech is also a pre-req to Fusion Drives, so I will be disassembling those power plants in hopes of learning that tech.

EDIT: Julius Strange has two medals coming... one for the Archeology discoveries, and one for combat, since I switched him to a combat command on El Dorado after his Archeology Team was finished.

+ Reply to Thread