+ Reply to Thread
Page 219 of 388 FirstFirst ... 119 144 169 194 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 244 269 294 319 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 7755

Thread: Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

Full rations of rum for the finest crews of the empire!

Any idea on the total tonnage scuppered by our mighty wolfpack?

I also nominate that we form the remaining fighters into Rogue Squadron.
    A lie can make it half-way around the world before the truth has time to put its boots on.
    .-- .. -. - . .-. / .. ... / -.-. --- -- .. -. --. .-.-.-

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

And so the fleet makes its triumphant return to the jump point, knowing that its first general engagement with the Prix ended in an overwhelming victory for the forces of Earth.

This fight was really spectacular blue emu and I was on the edge of my seat over the past few days. I hope that I can create another character that will seek to avoid the ideals that the last Count Lake stood for, namely ejecting, being captured and then dying in a nuclear fireball.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by GrimPagan View Post
    Are you sending one of the rocks to pick up surviors while everyone runs for the exit?
    Unfortunately, the pursuing Prix Beam-Cruisers ran right through the area of the life pods, and there are no remaining survivors. We were able to pick up a bit more than half of them before Bandits 2 and 3 approached and drove off our Rocks... and the fact that the Prix got within 3/4 of a million miles of the Rocks before we finally destroyed them shows that we really did hang around rescuing survivors as long as possible. If we had picked up even one more life-pod, the Prix would have caught the Rocks and quite possibly destroyed them... and the survivors would either have been killed in the destruction of the vessel, or dumped out in life-pods with a Prix Cruiser standing already in Beam range.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne

OK, so I'm going to try and get us the #&(% out of here... and then we'll discuss the battle. AFTER we know whether our fleet makes it out safely.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition

Remember to turn on time for the galaxy, if you turned it off for the battle.
    Repress Your Anger
    Think Negatively
    Be a Good Blamer
    And Throttle Your Inner Child

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hm, after all the known threads are destroyed I would stay to rescue the survivers...

i would voluntere if my fighter has enough fuel to make it...
    My first AAR- Germany, the power in the center of Europe more or less dead

Sole Survivor of Squadron #6, 'Night Owls', destroyed a Prix Cruiser to end the battle in Blue Emu's forum game 'Ad Astra'
    Best AAR ever: Golden Horde-Scourge from the East

Quote Originally Posted by Count Lake View Post
    And so the fleet makes its triumphant return to the jump point, knowing that its first general engagement with the Prix ended in an overwhelming victory for the forces of Earth.

This fight was really spectacular blue emu and I was on the edge of my seat over the past few days. I hope that I can create another character that will seek to avoid the ideals that the last Count Lake stood for, namely ejecting, being captured and then dying in a nuclear fireball.
    What line of work are you interested in? Unfortunately, our only spare warship (a brand-new Star-II class Destroyer, built after the fleet left Earth for this mission) is ear-marked for our hot-shot pilot, Alice Bryant.

Keeper of the seven keys Lord Martin's Avatar
    200k clubVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This was a very fine, and unexpected victory, Especially since we learned that the Prix had at least nine vessels in the system.
    I wanna point out some things:

* Our offensive missiles works well when they get into range.
    * Our defensive systems are ok. We lack in mid. range defense. This should probably be a priority since the enemy are likely to make the first attack.
    * The rocks are a splendid decoy, but we need to see and designed them as a ships who should be sacrificed if necessary.
    * Even if we beat eight (?) ships. It wasnt eight ships who fired upon us. We should not be over confident in the future.
    * Our speed are a big disadvantage so far. Against the Prix we have no chance of fleeing if engaged. We must win or die.
    * A close resupply of missiles is a big advantage. I believe it is worth to design new faster ammunition ships that could keep up with the main fleet.
    Since the custom avatars are gone, Im aiming at 1.000.000 posts instead!!!!
    998.333 posts left...

Quote Originally Posted by Iche_Bins View Post
    ... I would stay to rescue the survivers...
    Naturally we would not just steam away, leaving our men to die behind us. But there are no life-pods left. None. We picked up nine of them, and the Prix either picked up or destroyed the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJoker
    Any idea on the total tonnage scuppered by our mighty wolfpack?
    Eight vessels of 7150 tons each. 57,200 tons in total. So far. We're not home yet.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    What line of work are you interested in? Unfortunately, our only spare warship (a brand-new Star-II class Destroyer, built after the fleet left Earth for this mission) is ear-marked for our hot-shot pilot, Alice Bryant.
    I would be willing to get in line for a small warship command if possible.

Sergeant
    A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Tactical question: do you plan on leaving any part of the fleet on the other side of the jump point, in case the Khan makes a break for it? We know that Precursors are known for jumping out of their system of origin once they know where a jump point is - and they will certainly know when they see us transiting out.

Do we have any ships that can be spared and are suitable for jump point defense?

May I suggest that the minelayers could be adequate for the role?

(on a personal note, may I know if my character is still in charge of harvesting sorium, or was he pressed into active service as well?)

Quote Originally Posted by stamasd View Post
    Tactical question: do you plan on leaving any part of the fleet on the other side of the jump point, in case the Khan makes a break for it? We know that Precursors are known for jumping out of their system of origin once they know where a jump point is - and they will certainly know when they see us transiting out.

Do we have any ships that can be spared and are suitable for jump point defense?

May I suggest that the minelayers could be adequate for the role?

(on a personal note, may I know if my character is still in charge of harvesting sorium, or was he pressed into active service as well?)
    You are commanding a Grav-scout ship, which puts you in the career path for an eventual promotion to warship command.

I dislike splitting the fleet. The Mine-layers might be suitable for Jump-point defense, except that size-36 launchers take several minutes (not seconds) to reload, so they are basically an alpha-strike weapon, or for finishing off crippled ships. Also, they are badly in need of maintenance... over 1.2 years on their maintenance clock... so I'd rather not leave them in a system three jumps from Earth.

I was planning to turn off our active sensors as we approached the jump point, to avoid giving away its precise location. The jump point is more than 1.5 billion km from the Prix planet, and hopefully out of passive sensor range.

The fleet has formed up into cruising formation, with the Rocks millions of km in the rear and all the other ships (mine-layers included) massed into a single formation. The jump point is more than a week away. Let's all pray for a quiet, boring week.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Do we have anything with buoys close at hand?

Because ideally at least we'd lay a few buoys at the exist of that jump point to *tell* us if Khan-001 follow after.

This battle has illustrated how crippling it is to go into action blind, after all.
    NEWSFLASH: If you ever said "It's called EUROPA Universalis" as sole justification for blatant misrepresentation of the RoW: you're likely on my ignore list.
    Age of Discovery: The World beyond Europe
    30 native hordes in North America, warring city states in Mexico: a mod about the world 15th century Europe was about to encounter...
    KIA by the Prix in BlueEmu's Ad Astra, 2nd character underway.

Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume HJ View Post
    Do we have anything with buoys close at hand?
    Good call. Yes, I brought along the last of the Buoys that we built. I will drop one on the Sigma Draconis side of the jump point... not on the Prix side, because that would give away the location.

The crazy little mushroom billy bob's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k club

Blog Entries
    Hurrah! Our Gunnery Officer wont be sober for a month when he gets back home. 12 for 12. So proud of the boy.
    Golden Horde-Scourge from the East A Duke of Wellington Production
    My special Red Cookie. P-dox fantasy football champion!
    Brandenburg-Prussia in the 1650 RPG

#1 Die Hard Fan of-Green Bay Packers, Louisville Cardinals, etc.
    "Everyone has the potential, Not everyone has the will" Billy Bob
    "Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."-Stalin
    "Men who use libraries instead of building their own are like men who prefer whores to wives."-Llywelyn

Quote Originally Posted by billy bob View Post
    Hurrah! Our Gunnery Officer wont be sober for a month when he gets back home. 12 for 12. So proud of the boy.
    18 for 18. The last three salvos in a row were 6-for-6.

How long till the fleet is out of the system and back to Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Nabobalis View Post
    How long till the fleet is out of the system and back to Earth?
    About seven and a half days to the jump point, then two months to Earth.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Could I join? under the name Goldmattress. I'd liek something like a cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    About seven and a half days to the jump point, then two months to Earth.
    How quickly do you advance time when not in battle?

+ Reply to Thread