Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since the Prix first opened fire on us, less than an hour and a half has passed in-game, by the way.

It seems Aryla havent updated officer designations, am I still on ESN Agressive? Also is Aryla back in home on Earth thus making me highest rankig officer ?

Rear Admiral Edzako is the ranking officer in the Wolf 294 system, and is directing the battle from the Flag Bridge on board the Command Cruiser ESN John Paul Jones.

Alice has repaired her Fighter's last damaged missile launcher, in time for the next sortie. She now has three fully functional launchers, just like the other ten Fighters.

... of course, this means that I won't be able to track her hits separately from the rest, any more.

Granite and Basalt have picked up the first of the ejected crew from the life-pods. I will post a report later on which Pilots were found alive in the battle area.

EDIT: It has just occurred to me... that Alice's two disabled missile launchers (now fully repaired) are the only launchers in our Fighter's weaponry that were never fired. They were disabled by enemy fire before the attack-run, and not repaired until she landed again on the Carrier. So at the moment, and until the Fighters finish reloading 21 1/2 minutes from now, Alice has the only fully functional and fully loaded missile launchers in our whole Fighter wing. If we are forced into battle before the other Fighters can finish reloading, she may end up making a solo attack run on the fleet of Prix Cruisers.

Last edited:
Rear Admiral Edzako is the ranking officer in the Wolf 294 system, and is directing the battle from the Flag Bridge on board the Command Cruiser ESN John Paul Jones.

Sweet!

It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not risk cannot win.

(I want to request Gröfaz to consider promotion of enigmatic Lt-Commander Alice Bryant, she seems to be kissed by fire and therefore lucky)

Alice has repaired her Fighter's last damaged missile launcher, in time for the next sortie. She now has three fully functional launchers, just like the other ten Fighters.

... of course, this means that I won't be able to track her hits separately from the rest, any more.

Granite and Basalt have picked up the first of the ejected crew from the life-pods. I will post a report later on which Pilots were found alive in the battle area.

EDIT: It has just occurred to me... that Alice's two disabled missile launchers (now fully repaired) are the only launchers in our Fighter's weaponry that were never fired. They were disabled by enemy fire before the attack-run, and not repaired until she landed again on the Carrier. So at the moment, and until the Fighters finish reloading 21 1/2 minutes from now, Alice has the only fully functional and fully loaded missile launchers in our whole Fighter wing. If we are forced into battle before the other Fighters can finish reloading, she may end up making a solo attack run on the fleet of Prix Cruisers.

And you know what... she would do it with a smile on her face. She is one crazy pilot.

I'm sure you know who your flagship is named after... "I have not yet begun to fight!"

Look up the Bonhomme Richard vs HMS Serapis engagement.

(I want to request Gröfaz to consider promotion of enigmatic Lt-Commander Alice Bryant, she seems to be kissed by fire and therefore lucky)

I was thinking that she should be the first nPC to receive the Order of Paradox, actually. Possibly we might have a future warship called the ESN Alice Bryant as well.

I'm sure you know who your flagship is named after... "I have not yet begun to fight!"

Look up the Bonhomme Richard vs HMS Serapis engagement.

I was thinking that she should be the first nPC to receive the Order of Paradox, actually. Possibly we might have a future warship called the ESN Alice Bryant as well.

I do and will do.

Order of Paradox does seems to fit better, good call. After all we wouldnt want to lose so skilled fighter pilot.

Bandit-2 and Bandit-3 are now 18.6 m-km from our flagship, and about 15 m-km from our Decoy Squadron. The Rocks calmly continue to pick up the survivors of the Fighter squadrons... if we steamed away, the Prix Cruisers would run right through this area as they pursued the fleet, and could massacre the Life-Pods with their guns, without even expending any missiles on them. The Battle Fleet continues to steam directly away from the oncoming Prix, leading them towards the Mine-Layers which are still coming up towards the battle area.

EDIT: Bandit-4 (Khan 001) is still retreating, now nearly 50 m-km away.

I do and will do.

Order of Paradox does seems to fit better, good call. After all we wouldnt want to lose so skilled fighter pilot.

Isn't keeping her in a fighter one of the most certain ways of losing her? Our fighter pilot survival rate has not been impressive wince this engagement started.

What is out range again (adjusted for ECM)? My standard missiles have about a 16-18m range.

ECM reduces Fire Control range by -10% per ECM level. The Prix have level-4 ECM, so our FC range is only 60% of nominal.

That means that the Mine-layers can lock on at 18.9 m-km, the Destroyers and Cruisers at 12.96 m-km, except for the Agincourt which for some reason was given a weaker FC (something to be fixed ASAP) and can only lock on at 9.06 m-km

Our point defense FCs are similarly affected, but only if used against the warships, not against missiles (unless the missiles have their own built-in ECM).

Isn't keeping her in a fighter one of the most certain ways of losing her? Our fighter pilot survival rate has not been impressive wince this engagement started.

I'm certainly willing to give her a warship when one comes available... but I also think she has qualified for our highest decoration.

Bandit-4 (Khan 001) has fled out of sensor range and is no longer on our scopes.

Temujin 001 in Bandit-2 has turned on its active sensor.

... we all know what THAT means...

I believe I can speak for all of the downed pilots rescued from the dark abyss when I say thank you to the brave men and women of the fleet who have endeavored to engineer our first victory. May our skill and fortitude continue to shine through as we continue this decisive engagement.

Yeah, the "quiet before" part is over, now it's "the storm" part again.