Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HOLY CRAP!!!

... errr ... you people may remember that we`ve already explored two Ruins sites, one on Dravar XV, and one on Sigma Draconis. We found less than a dozen installations on each. Tech level 2 or 3.

Check this out:

G036_Game.jpg

1,747 installations, tech level 4. We`ve hit the jackpot, people!

Time to send in the Engineers.

WOW

They must've had a language fairly close to English for it to translate that quickly.

It took about ten months... I`ve been playing rather quickly, since I`m not doing much except building and deploying automated mines, Infrastructure, etc.

Can't help but to think that with that many installations, it will either be the most important colony of humanity, or an eternal battlefield when the nasties comes out.

Can't help but to think that with that many installations, it will either be the most important colony of humanity, or an eternal battlefield when the nasties comes out.

How about both?

I have split the Combined Fleet :eek: and sent half of it to stand guard over El Dorado... in case some ridiculous number of Alien Japanese-Anime Killer Robots come swarming out, and need to be blasted from orbit.

1747 installations? This is madness :eek:

Well, with them being T-L4, odds are that we'll have teched-up to Prix level once we've done with this alien stuff.
On the other hand, it'll take us half a century to dig up all these installations - unless "intact" status means that every one of them can be put online in a matter of days, instead of spending months of archaelogical digs.
Do we know if having 2 engineers brigades speeds up the whole process?

A perfectly normal Finnish winter day! :D

Yea well, at least we get to be warmest place in europe as well :cool: (Or probably, not sure if somewhere in black sea is just as hot at the moment, but nearly anyways.)

Arrrrgh!

G037_Game.jpg

We're being attacked by Giant Evil Japanese-Anime Killer Robots!

I am right to say we won that pretty handily, right? Although the factory loss is probably a nuisance.

Combat ratio 0.11 is quite good for us. On the other hand, I wouldn't expect such readiness loss on our part. That'll take time to go up at top again. Those look like mean ones, considering the damages they do - or is it because, for once, this is an intact city, not a ruined one, therefore most combat will actually destroy stuff?

Whatever, how many troops do we have on the ground, and is it possible to send a couple more Marine Battalion and/or Heavy Assault Battalion?

Arrrrgh!

We're being attacked by Giant Evil Japanese-Anime Killer Robots!

Honestly, who stores killer robots in giant underground vaults and doesn't properly label them as such. Damn these space-Boers.

I am right to say we won that pretty handily, right? Although the factory loss is probably a nuisance.

The combat continues. We killed one of the two attacking units, and I think we damaged the other. Quift's Engineer brigade... who apparently opened the vault... took 46% losses. I'll ship some reinforcements in. We've got five heavy Armor, two Assault Infantry and one Marines in the line, as well as four Garrisons and three Brigade HQs.

Oh my, at least wrecking seems leisure compared to this 'archaelogy' business...
Still, I presume having many many engineer brigades will speed up the 'discovery' process too?

....and was that industry loss from our own bombardment or 'from ground combat bombardment' ?
Ie. should we trust the ground troops to do their job and not use the fleet on those (if we didn't, well, sigh, send in the whole army.)

We opened one vault, and found one construction factory. We opened a second vault, and the Killer Robots came swarming out and destroyed the factory that we'd found, as well as inflicting a few casualties.

Lesson learned... I'm sending some Freighters over to load each bit of loot as we find it.

In my case, the whole concept of "jump point FTL" and "space navies" blowing away at each other with missiles immediately made me thing of Honor Harrington. For instance, Basilisk Station was placed in a completely uninteresting system that happened to have several jump points, and that led to the need for a permanent presence by the RMN, setting up an outpost where there was no real point in having one otherwise. A bit like Emu's Nexus.

Jump points (Worm holes) are pretty rare in HH, whereas they are the standard method of travel in Starfire. Also, since I am in HH sperg mode lready, Basilisk only had one Worm hole, it was important because it linked to the Manticore home system, plus it opened up a previously out of the way region.

....and was that industry loss from our own bombardment or 'from ground combat bombardment' ?
Ie. should we trust the ground troops to do their job and not use the fleet on those (if we didn't, well, sigh, send in the whole army.)
I'm not even sure we can bombard ground troops that easily. Wouldn't be safe and clean, for sure. Particularly since we already have a colony there. And even less safe if we have ground troops right there next to the killer robots.

TWe've got five heavy Armor, two Assault Infantry and one Marines in the line, as well as four Garrisons and three Brigade HQs.
At first sight, that's a lot of troops. Though I wonder if we have a Marine Company or a Marine Battalion; a Company is quite worthless except against very small troops.