Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you mean... give your scientist PC an NPC name (Fred Farkle, for instance) and rename the governor of Moria to Tuominen? I can do that. What I cannot do is send your scientist out as Governor. Only Administrators can be made Governors, not Scientists, Naval Officers or Ground Forces Officers.

Yeah, rename scientist persona and make me a Governator of Moria! So, now we have pc there :)

Yeah, rename scientist persona and make me a Governator of Moria! So, now we have pc there :)

Done. You are now Governor of Moria, the main mining colony of the Empire. Your traits are:

Admin level 6, Wealth creation bonus 15%, Mining bonus 30%, Population growth bonus 10%, Ground unit construction 10%, Logistics bonus 10% (of those, only the Mining and Logistics will be used... there aren't any PEOPLE on Moria); Determined, Energetic, Organized.

Done. You are now Governor of Moria, the main mining colony of the Empire. Your traits are:

Admin level 6, Wealth creation bonus 15%, Mining bonus 30%, Population growth bonus 10%, Ground unit construction 10%, Logistics bonus 10% (of those, only the Mining and Logistics will be used... there aren't any PEOPLE on Moria); Determined, Energetic, Organized.

Lets hope we dont dig into mountain too deep and too greedily... err... what I am talking about "DRILLL!!"

Lets hope we dont dig into mountain too deep and too greedily... err... what I am talking about "DRILLL!!"

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I think the marines on El Dorado could handle pretty much anything right now. A balrog's hardly likely to even slow them down.

Another rather specialized ship that we might consider... sort of a one-trick-pony, but it`s a pretty good trick... is a Military Freighter. A ship with Military engines, fleet speed, with armor and shields, but instead of weapons it has five cargo holds. The idea would be to carry five Deep Space Tracking Stations into battle, and drop then off on some handy planet or asteroid, to make a Listening Post that would reveal all enemy ships within a billion km or so. Naturally, this trick would only work in certain situations, so pre-battle recon by Blinks would be a must.

Err, here I was thinking Deep Space Tracking Stations were 'BIG', ie you couldn't even fit one into 5 cargo holds. Hmn, just closed the game, but I think you should double check how many of those you can actually fit into one such 'freighter'..

We now have 77 research labs on Earth, with another one building and several more en-route to Earth. By the time they arrive, our research capacity will have doubled over what it was when the first battle of Wolf 294 was fought... if the +20% research tech that we've learned since then is also included.

Regarding the Marines, have I arrived yet?

Yes.

Err, here I was thinking Deep Space Tracking Stations were 'BIG', ie you couldn't even fit one into 5 cargo holds. Hmn, just closed the game, but I think you should double check how many of those you can actually fit into one such 'freighter'..

According to the Wiki, five cargo holds per DSTS. Which is less than you thought, but more than I thought.

Last edited:
Can I have an update on my stats please Blue Emu?

Colonel Morrell8, commanding 104th Heavy Assault (Armored) Battalion on El Dorado. Ground Combat Bonus +29%, Methodical, Optimistic, Averse to risk.

Most of our PCs started with typical skills of around +10%... so it looks like you've gained 19 skill-points fighting robots.

We just received a Missile Scientist! :eek: We didn't get one at game-start, and we've had to play the entire game so far... twenty-three years... without one!

What are my stats by the way? I'm not still a listless, drug addicted officer on the Chandrasekhar am I?

We just received a Missile Scientist! :eek: We didn't get one at game-start, and we've had to play the entire game so far... twenty-three years... without one!

I'll be your Rocketeer. :D

What are my stats by the way? I'm not still a listless, drug addicted officer on the Chandrasekhar am I?

:rofl: No, you've been commanding an Attitude-II class Light Cruiser for the past 13 years, and you won a Battle Star decoration in the first battle of Wolf 294.

Commodore von Sachsen, in command of Attitude-II class Light Cruiser ESN Defiant: Crew Training 150, Fleet Init 260, Survey +16%, Terraforming +10%, Listless, Substance Abuse.

Ciryandor said:
I'll be your Rocketeer.

Scientist Ciryandor has joined our research team. Admin 3, Missiles/Kinetic Energy Weapons +20%, Motivated, Results-oriented, Self-confident.

Oh, since everyone is bothering our Great Leader with such trivia, I suppose I'm still commanding a Light Cruiser (should be Sirius), but I never had any update on my stats, which probably should've slightly improved after a decade of a reckless life in deep faraway space ;)
I suspect I should have something like +5% survey by now, at least.

Oh, since everyone is bothering our Great Leader with such trivia, I suppose I'm still commanding a Light Cruiser (should be Sirius), but I never had any update on my stats, which probably should've slightly improved after a decade of a reckless life in deep faraway space ;)
I suspect I should have something like +5% survey by now, at least.

ESN Sirius was your Star-II class Destroyer. You are commanding the Attitude-II class Light Cruiser ESN Belligerent. Crew Training 50, Fleet Init 253, Survey +3%, Logistics +10%, Poor Family, Uncaring.

Our five-member TKFS Geology team now has a total skill of +331%, with two of the team members at +70% skill. They just found yet another lode of Minerals in the Procyon system (same system as Moria).

on the subject of bothering the Emu:

What are my bonuses, commanding the ESN Medway? And how is my crew?

Also: did you deploy the geo team to El Dorado yet, or will that be after all the ruins are gone?

Found another terraforming station, and another free tech which increases our terraforming rate by another +20%.

on the subject of bothering the Emu:

What are my bonuses, commanding the ESN Medway? And how is my crew?

Also: did you deploy the geo team to El Dorado yet, or will that be after all the ruins are gone?

CT 75, FI 256, Survey 15, Xeno 17, Logistics 10, Ops 20, Cold manner, Inconsiderate, Courageous, Many social interests. Your crew has reached 48% crew training and a +13% grade bonus (eg: +13% to-hit with your missiles).

Yes, the Geo team has finished with El Dorado, with somewhat disappointing results. They found three new mineral deposits to add to the two already there... but ore concentrations were only 10% which is pretty marginal. Tonnages in the millions, though.

Yes, the Geo team has finished with El Dorado, with somewhat disappointing results. They found three new mineral deposits to add to the two already there... but ore concentrations were only 10% which is pretty marginal. Tonnages in the millions, though.
So, the local aliens deserted the city because they were running short on minerals?