Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We now have more than 992,000 ore stockpiled on Earth, despite building new ships on every single slipway. We can declare the resource shortage to be over.

EDIT:

We now have more than 250 Streak Fighters built... it's nearly time to start decommissioning the Gnats.

Last edited:
We now have more than 992,000 ore stockpiled on Earth, despite building new ships on every single slipway. We can declare the resource shortage to be over.

And it only took 300 pages ;)

When will the Constellations be comissioned?

The last three (Pegasus, Cetus and Cephus) have been launched in this past week. The first three (Andromeda, Cassiopeia and Perseus) have received their air-groups and are ready for commissioning. The last three must hang around for air groups... although we could, of course, steal the air groups from the Mountains and temporarily decommission them, pending refit and modernization.

The last three (Pegasus, Cetus and Cephus) have been launched in this past week. The first three (Andromeda, Cassiopeia and Perseus) have received their air-groups and are ready for commissioning. The last three must hang around for air groups... although we could, of course, steal the air groups from the Mountains and temporarily decommission them, pending refit and modernization.

How much of a hurry are we in to get the Constellations?

Silly question, but does anyone know if there is a way to rename a missile series? I have a series for each size missile I'm using (and create "marks" as I redesign for better tech). I named the size 1 series "Flyswatter", and then hit on a naming theme and named the size 4s "Goshawk" and the size 8s "Peregrine" (WH 16) and "Gerfalcon" (WH 9). Now I'd like to rename the Flyswatters "Merlin". :D

I guess I'll have to create a new series...

So should we temporarily decommission the Mountains in order to field all six Constellations in the next operation?

I say yes. We need to refit them some time anyway, and we won't lose any capability in the meantime since we're waiting on fighters. I'm also for using them as assault carriers, after all that's more or less what happened to old WWII carrier classes.

As for the FAC design, is there any way to cut the range? 10,000 L is fairly small, but 2.7 b-km is excessive. We wouldn't want to send them in without having sensor coverage enveloping the target planet and its surrounds, and our sensor range is a touch less than 1 b-km.

On the subject of the assault carriers: don't the ships need to have troop transport spaces? Or do the soldiers travel in the drop ships?

They can travel in drop ships, but they don't like it. The plan will be to send a troop ship alongside the assault carrier, and load them when ready for the strike.

Indeed, if I have to load 2 units in a single dropship, the first one begins to complain before the 2nd one is loaded :D
Granted, I use battalions and not companies, even if it's just for boarding enemy ships...

What does your troop transport design look like? Is that a commercial vessal or a military one?

A purely troop transport ship can be commercial. If you add drop pod, it's military.