Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Additionally, that 69,000 ton has got to be some sort of Charlie freighter right?

Probably a Gate Constructor, since it was destroyed right on top of the jump point... that's where you build a gate. Gate Constructors are fairly massive civilian ships.

Range to target about 1.5 b-km. The Prix are still chasing the scouts, who are having no trouble staying ahead of them while still keeping a hard lock on them with active sensors. For once, we have a few ships with both better eyes and better legs than the Prix! Pity they have no displacement left for armor, shields or weapons...

Tactical:

G083_Prix.jpg

Range to target about 1 b-km. In theory, we could launch Fighters right now, since the Prix are approaching and the Fighters would meet them about 600 m-km out. No need to rush, though... I like to keep a fuel reserve for contingencies. We will launch at 0.5 b-km as planned.

Perhaps Blink 001 shouldn't retreat too far towards the way point? We're currently geared towards an attack ftom the direction of the identified Prix squadron, and our fighters will be away for a substantial length of time. Blink 001 is providing good cover on our flank without seeming to give away its position to the Prix. We can't gaurantee there isn't another squadron at the lone Jerong class wreck in that general direction.

Perhaps Blink 001 shouldn't retreat too far towards the way point? We're currently geared towards an attack ftom the direction of the identified Prix squadron, and our fighters will be away for a substantial length of time. Blink 001 is providing good cover on our flank without seeming to give away its position to the Prix. We can't gaurantee there isn't another squadron at the lone Jerong class wreck in that general direction.

Yah... I can halt Blink 001's retreat any time.

I'd like to ask a Carrier Captain for his opinion... our 92 Streak Fighters could reach the enemy if they launched right now, make their attack, and return to the Carriers, while still keeping a contingency fuel reserve of around 35-40%. Should I launch now instead of waiting, in order to get in one extra strike before we close on them? I was planning to split the attack and launch 46 missiles at each of two targets, leaving the other three for later strikes.

As I was a pilot in my former life, I would like to see our flyboys get as much action as soon as possible. I vote to launch now!

Yeah... lacking a response from our Carrier Captains, I've decided to send in the strike right away, rather than waiting until our Gnats are also within range. Carrier battles often go to the side that gets in the first good solid punch... so our 92 Streaks have been launched. They will concentrate their strike on two of the five enemy vessels.

The strike groups are half-way to target. With 73 m-km Fire Controls, they should be able to launch against ECM-4 opponents at 43 m-km from the Prix squadron... exactly the range of their ASMs.

Tactical:

G084_Prix.jpg

Is my frigate, the Kamikaze, in this battle sir?

Yes. Everyone except ESN Medway and ESN Wolf 294 is present. Those two are refitting.

Fighter Group range-to-target 250 m-km, range closing at 25,100 kps (the Prix are on a head-on collision course with our Fighters, with them moving at 9615 kps and us at 15,500 kps).

Can I get transferred to one of the new recon vessels whenever it's possible? (I think there's some left, right?)

Both of the high-speed Blink recon vessels are available, yes. Did you want to name it? They are just called Blink 001 and Blink 002 at the moment.

Carrier Captain here now, following. I think attacking asap (like you did) is the best option.

Good. Because that's what we're doing.

Fighter's range-to-target 68 m-km. Not long now. We will launch our salvo at 42 m-km, then return to the Carriers to rearm.

Tactical:

G085_Prix.jpg

Missiles away. Since I launched at extreme range, the Fighters will have to hang around in the target area while the missiles run in, to avoid moving out of FC range of the Prix squadron.

G086_Prix.jpg

Missiles half-way to target. I think I can safely start withdrawing the Fighters... the missiles should hit just before I leave FC range.

G087_Prix.jpg

Missiles 1.5 m-km from target. No PD intercepts yet. Fighters withdrawing towards the Carriers for another load of ammo.

Missile PD would have fired by now, and beam PD won't help much against that many salvos. I sense success :cool: