Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Cornucopia class Ammunition Tender ESN Cornucopia has been launched, and the second ship of the class, ESN Bounty has been laid down.

Works for me :cool:

I think that as long as we have a 2.00 (or less) cost planet, there's a risk we might find Prix in it...

I'm just surprised that a grav-scout was there before a geo-scout. Is it how you do exploration usually - I was under the impression geological surveys came first?

I suspect the grav scouts are further out than geo scouts, because they're getting through their work faster. Hence why they're going to get converted to multi role soon.

I'm just surprised that a grav-scout was there before a geo-scout. Is it how you do exploration usually - I was under the impression geological surveys came first?

We're a bit short of Geo-scouts due to the early casualties... both of the scouts lost in the first ten years were Geo-scouts... so if we always waited for a Geo-survey before proceeding with a Grav-survey, we would have Grav-survey ships laid up doing nothing.

Well... that's three systems with KNOWN Prix (as in: they killed our scouts in three systems) including Wolf 294; and two more systems which are strongly suspected of harboring Prix because of the suspicious 7150-ton wrecks spotted by our original jump into the systems.

Can we get a map update in the first post, listing the Prix and suspected Prix / wreck locations?

Can we get a map update in the first post, listing the Prix and suspected Prix / wreck locations?

Tomorrow... I've already unloaded the game, and am heading off to bed.

The ' character is a "special" character in most databases -- at an old job I once had a guy named O'Connor try to use a form on our web site and revealed a nice bug for my programmer to fix. I'd avoid it moving forward, especially since the game is in alpha and Steve likely hasn't worked around these types of things yet.
Carrying a last name likewise endowed with an apostrophe... It would appear 99% of programmers doesn't consider the possibility :(

Our research teams have completed Grav (Active) Sensors sensitivity 16, Ceramic Composite Armor and Delta Shields.

Let's see if my memory is accurate; Delta Shields was being researched by Henry D'Aazrof, yes? What's his new job, and did he get a skill upgrade yet?

Carrying a last name likewise endowed with an apostrophe... It would appear 99% of programmers doesn't consider the possibility :(

There is this xkcd webcomic that shows what can happen if one programmer does consider it and the other doesn't... :)

Ahh, well, I suppose that is indeed a probe already, I meant...
...more agressive one, as in close the fleet to proper ~50 missile volley distance and trade some fire to see if they can be taken out or not.

Last edited:
Let's see if my memory is accurate; Delta Shields was being researched by Henry D'Aazrof, yes? What's his new job, and did he get a skill upgrade yet?

Now working on an upgrade to Shield Regeneration Rate. Your research bonus is now +45% (+180% within your specialty field of Defensive Systems).

Map:

G018_Map.jpg

The three confirmed Prix locations are Wolf 294 (Spinward top), P Eridani (Spinward center) and 82 Eridani (Rimward center), all with tricolor flags. THe other two locations marked with tricolor flags (Gliese 706 and Ross 128) are suspected Prix locations.

Last edited:
Tau Ceti has a funky gate, that much is sure.

Even so, what is the point, gamewise, of more stars than say 2-300? I bet you could easily get lost even on the amount you already have.

Notice the jump-gate super-highway from bottom center of the map almost up to the top edge.

EDIT:

Three more Mule-II class Freighters have been launched, and we have started refitting some of our obsolescent Mules to Mule-II class.

EDIT:

Scientist Bo Mosberg has increased his research bonus by another +5%, to +30%. This is particularly handy, since he is currently monopolizing two-thirds of our Labs, and researching Magneto-Plasma Drive technology. With his new skill-boost, it should be done in eight more months.

Last edited:
Our fourth Battle class Heavy Cruiser, ESN Hastings, has been launched. Commodore Nabobalis has been assigned to command it. Captain Iche Bins has been transferred from his Fighter squadron to command of the Mountain-II class Light Carrier ESN Etna.

Our fourth Battle class Heavy Cruiser, ESN Hastings, has been launched. Commodore Nabobalis has been assigned to command it. Captain Iche Bins has been transferred from his Fighter squadron to command of the Mountain-II class Light Carrier ESN Etna.

:D Thanks, can't wait to take her for a ride! *Joy ride*

January 17th, 2038. We should be able to launch the third Wolf 294 De-Prixification Operation in mid-summer of this year. Compared to the first battle in that system, we will have one more Star-II class Destroyer, one more Attitude-II class Light Cruiser, three more Battle class Heavy Cruisers, four more Spy class surveillance vessels, one more Peeping Tom class battle management vessel, one more Culverin class Monitor (bombardment vessel), one more Cornucopia class Ammunition Tender, and sixty more Fighters (120 instead of 60) which are smaller, more agile and more than twice as fast as before.

That`s about 50% more ships and 100% more fighters.