Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I vote for 82 Eridani as well. Vengeance before filthy lucre (if nothing else, because the colonization effort is already spread too thin for filthy lucre to be abundant).

If we want technology, Tauri is probably the best bet, if the Prix are depended on habital planets as well.

The best tech site we found, El Dorado, was on a class-2 world, not class-0.

If we just want to clear out the systems, go for the ones who are in our path of expansion or just threathen our colonies.

None are really in our way, except perhaps for the two pointed out by Cromelex.

Though we don't want to extend our supply lines too much, we are already running into difficulties with our current dig site, so we must make sure that we can ship out any new finds and yet keep our other operations running.

Yeah, I'd rather finish with El Dorado before getting stuck in another similar system. I suppose we shouldn't complain about being too rich, though.

What is the population of the Nexus? If it's considerable, we may want to start shipping factories to that planet, in order to start production of installations. That way we can use it as a forgeworld for the development of new worlds.

Another research lab, another Deep Space Tracking Station (the tenth, not counting the one that the Robots ripped apart), another robot attack.

The Nexus is up to 8.45 million colonists, with 17 Factories but only 2 mines. We don't yet have a reliable source of minerals set up at that end of our empire... I've been shipping them in.

For Christ's sake... :mad:

The Pratt Carrier line has set up a tourist route, using Luxury Liners to ship rich AND VERY STUPID tourists out to El Dorado, where they go wandering across the battlefield, into the ruined city, poking into sealed vaults and trying to buy souveneirs from the homicidal killer robots. Naturally, most of them get their heads ripped off, and then they complain.

... well... the ones that DIDN'T get their heads ripped off complain. The ones that DID get their heads ripped off don't say very much.

OK, that's it. :mad: I'm placing this planet under interdict. No more tourists. WILL ALL OF YOU IDIOTS JUST GO HOME???

I went into SM mode, removed the tourists to a different planet, and flagged El Dorado as a source of colonists instead of a destination. Since it has zero population, that should keep people away.

Idiots. :mad:

Current research projects:

G074_Game.jpg

G075_Game.jpg

G076_Game.jpg

G077_Game.jpg

Have I died?

The first two Battles have finished refitting to Battle-II class, and have rejoined the Combined Fleet while the last two Battles have taken their places on the slips for their own refit. The fleet has finished overhaul, and is ready to depart for some Prix-hunting.

The Combined Fleet (minus vessels currently detached for refit) now consists of :

two Rock-II class Decoy Vessels
two Rock-III class Decoy Vessels
six Mountain-II class Light Carriers
three Battle-II class Heavy Cruisers
six Attitude-II class Light Cruisers
six Star-II class Destroyers
two Admiral-II class Command Cruisers
one Peeping Tom class Battle Management Vessel
one Culverin class Monitor
three Cornucopia class Ammunition Tenders
four Tipple class Fleet Tankers
two Blink class Fast Recon Vessels
four Spy class Recon Vessels
eight Storm class Gauss Point Defense Frigates

... a total of fifty vessels.

EDIT:

... and 40 Gnats, two Gnat Strike Leaders, and 92 Streaks. Four of the Mountain-IIs have been re-armed with Streaks, the other two are still carrying Gnat groups.

Last edited:
The Combined Fleet (minus vessels currently detached for refit) now consists of :

two Rock-II class Decoy Vessels
two Rock-III class Decoy Vessels
six Mountain-II class Light Carriers
three Battle-II class Heavy Cruisers
six Attitude-II class Light Cruisers
six Star-II class Destroyers
two Admiral-II class Command Cruisers
one Peeping Tom class Battle Management Vessel
one Culverin class Monitor
three Cornucopia class Ammunition Tenders
four Tipple class Fleet Tankers
two Blink class Fast Recon Vessels
four Spy class Recon Vessels
eight Storm class Gauss Point Defense Frigates

... a total of fifty vessels.

Are the minelayers part of this operation? They did prove rather useless last time, though.

Captain Schuermann has been placed in command of the new Battle-II class Heavy Cruiser ESN Trafalgar.

Commander Arnold Kiwi Rimmewr has been promoted to Captain and placed in command of the Attitude-II class Light Cruiser ESN Aggressive.

Commodore Stamasd has been placed in command of the Star-II class Destroyer ESN Procyon.

Commander Jos de Trol is promoted to Captain and placed in command of Wasp-X FAC 002.

Are the minelayers part of this operation? They did prove rather useless last time, though.

Too slow. I'll just use them as Minelayers until I have a chance to refit more powerful engines into them.

I just spent over an hour transferring more than a hundred pilots from Gnats to Streaks... one at a time. :mad:

I'm starting to question the theory that this might have been the Prix's home world... why would the need so many terraforming stations on their home planet? For cleaning up the aftermath of nuclear bombardment?
well, you gave this for that planet's info:
which shows they tinkered with the temperature, so doubtfull its there homeworld indeed

well, you gave this for that planet's info:

which shows they tinkered with the temperature, so doubtfull its there homeworld indeed

The difference between "Base Temp" and current temperature does not necessarily indicate terraforming. Albedo (1.05, in this case) affects the final temperature, as does the gas mix in the atmosphere (Greenhouse effect).

Scientist Syber has been killed in a lab accident. :( I would have expected that to happen to Bo Mosberg...

Do you want one of the Fast Recon vessels... they can actually outrun the Prix. Or you could wait a few months and take a warship... whichever you prefer.

EDIT: We are now allied with the Chix, the Seals, and the Charlies.