Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With the transfer of some Engineers to our interstellar colony on Dravar XV, we now have the ability to ship out a pre-fab PDC and assemble it on that planet. Accordingly, a NORAD Missile Base has been constructed in three pre-fab sections, and will be shipped to Dravar XV and assembled by our team of Engineers. Getting missiles out to it is a bit trickier, since we do not yet have any Fleet Tenders built... we may need to send out the Fleet, and have them unload some of their own missiles directly into the magazines of the missile base.

EDIT:

The ZERG Force expedition has jumped to the Procyon system and is now crossing that system towards Dravar XV. Commander Stonewall has departed Earth on another re-supply mission to the same destination, carrying colonists, infrastructure, and a pre-fab missile base for our Engineers to assemble on Dravar XV.

Last edited:
A new jump point in the Wolf 46 system has led to the Wolf 47 system. A Red Dwarf primary, two rock-balls, four gas giants, sixty two moons, no asteroids, no habitable planets or moons.

Heres hoping the ruins contain helpful tech, not killer robots bent on eradicating humanity!

Some money would be nice, too... we're less than a year from bankruptcy, and with the Carriers finally on the ways, I can hardly cut back on Fleet builds at this point.

Some money would be nice, too... we're less than a year from bankruptcy, and with the Carriers finally on the ways, I can hardly cut back on Fleet builds at this point.

Could prioritize some installations building helps, like Financial Centres?

Could prioritize some installations building helps, like Financial Centres?

I am currently building NOTHING but Financial Centers.

The Venture Troop Transports will be arriving on Dravar XV in a day or two to begin unloading Zerg Force... followed a week or two later by Commander Stonewall's resupply mission carring more colonists, infrastructure, and a pre-fab Missile Base.

G_101_Zerg.jpg

We all pray that the colony will not be overrun by Giant Japanese-Anime Killer Robots... and that they will find some useful technology in the ruins. And some money.

Have you done much research into laser weapons? That or ridiculously powerful missile warheads would be very, very helpful to be found in the ruins.

We have no researcher for Missiles/Kinetic Weapons, nor one for Construction/Production techs. So yes... some techs from that branch would be very useful.

Shipyard #5 has completed their retooling for Hercules class Fleet Tugs, and two Tugs have been laid down. Estimated completion date: April 2030, about a year and a half from now.

What happens if you experience bankruptcy? Sell ships or something.. Lose the game? :eek:

There are Morale penalties to civilian populations... which is no big deal, we can just "repress" them... and production penalties, which are a bit more serious.

The ZERG Force is unloading at Dravar XV, a process that will take the better part of a month. By the time they are done, Commander Stonewall will have arrived, completed his unloading, and departed again for Earth. A second resupply mission is already en-route, led by the Bay of Elms.

There are Morale penalties to civilian populations... which is no big deal, we can just "repress" them... and production penalties, which are a bit more serious.

Don't worry Sir, civilian population is the definition of a renewable resource! Ships and good officers are not! :mad:

Don't worry Sir, civilian population is the definition of a renewable resource! Ships and good officers are not! :mad:

Hey now. The civilians not related to those good officers are renewable. Oh, and my little girl's pony. She would kill me if we went hungry and had to eat it. Named the damn thing Skippy. Who names a pony Skippy!? It barely waddles!

ZERG Force HQ under Brigadier Hyme has unloaded on Dravar XV, along with the attached Armor, Assault Infantry and Mobile Infantry units.

G_102_Zerg.jpg

... it will be followed by the colony's Garrison units, then the Engineers to start digging up those Precursor sites.

ZERG Force:

G_103_Zerg.jpg

... some of the team members already have some Xeno experience. It is entirely possible that they are about to get some more...

G_104_News.jpg

That certainly doesn't sound like a warship... thermal signature of over 2100 and a speed of only 1500.

Mr Snuggles and me are laughing at the name of SKippy, who names a horse that... :p

With luck, the Charlies are really here just for trade, and as soon as we can have trade deal, more money would flow, wouldn't it?
And good to see that we begin to have reliable info on some of their ships.

By the way, what am I up to nowadays? I suppose I'm driving my freighters between Earth and Dravar XV quite often?

And Robert Nixon, governer of Mars got better at creating wealth, that surely should help some in your economical woes?

The ZERG Force is unloading at Dravar XV, a process that will take the better part of a month. By the time they are done, Commander Stonewall will have arrived, completed his unloading, and departed again for Earth. A second resupply mission is already en-route, led by the Bay of Elms.

How goes the research into expand civilian economy? Plus any civilian mining colonies we can tax?

With luck, the Charlies are really here just for trade, and as soon as we can have trade deal, more money would flow, wouldn't it?
And good to see that we begin to have reliable info on some of their ships.

By the way, what am I up to nowadays? I suppose I'm driving my freighters between Earth and Dravar XV quite often?

Trade with the Charlies is double-edged... it will bring in cash, which we need, but might put some of our own traders out of business by competition.

The ESN Amalthea has been part of Stonewall's mini-task force, so yes, you've already made several trips to Dravar XV and are on your way back from there now.

And Robert Nixon, governer of Mars got better at creating wealth, that surely should help some in your economical woes?

It will help a bit... although +5% bonus on the wealth generated by half a million people is probably less than $1. As your colony expands, the effect will increase.

How goes the research into expand civilian economy? Plus any civilian mining colonies we can tax?

It's a slow process, since our researcher is the wrong specialty. Still a couple of years to go. We are already taxing all the civilian mines... $125 bucks per year each.