Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I leave for just a little while and we crush a new Prix force and colonize what is seemingly their homeplanet?

how long where the battle? The gravediggers and the priest are going to have alot of job to do

how long where the battle? The gravediggers and the priest are going to have alot of job to do
Given the favorable odds we had, and from what Blue Emu showed, there were 2 turns of battle and it was over.
I'm not sure anymore, but I think the turns are 5-days turns.

We need to stablish a metropolis in El Dorado.

The problem is the giant robot attacks, which pretty well force me to remove the installations as they are found, to prevent their destruction in the next attack.

Given the favorable odds we had, and from what Blue Emu showed, there were 2 turns of battle and it was over.
I'm not sure anymore, but I think the turns are 5-days turns.

Three rounds, yes. They attacked, and did quite a bit of damage. I counter-attacked twice, destroying them. Five day turns, fifteen days in total.

Another vault, another bunch of killer robots, another battle, another victory, another bunch of experience points.

I recon that we did not lose much in the killer robot attack

What parts of the combined fleet did you plan to station on El Dorado?

I've decided that they aren't needed, and I'm sending them back for overhaul.

I've doubled the number of ground units (now two full Divisions... total 42 units including HQs) and Engineers (now 10) on El Dorado. Let's see if it goes a bit quicker now.

A third robot attack on El Dorado, easily defeated. I've started to decommission our older scout ships as the new scouts come off the ways.

ESN Ptolomy has been exploring beyond the captured system of Wolf 294. It has just found the new system of Giclas 99-49, containing five wrecks including a Khan, a Tumurid and a Manchu (plus two unidentified wrecks).

If we assume Wolf 294 isn't special, we're in for a lot of digging over the next few centuries as we clear out Prix systems :eek:

Of course, that assumption may not be valid and as we surpass the Prix the digging will be more important for experience.

the new system of Giclas 99-49, containing five wrecks including a Khan, a Tumurid and a Manchu (plus two unidentified wrecks).
Looks like we're really in the heart of Prix territory.

We are now only 1500 points short of a tech-sharing treaty with the Charlies. Excavations on El Dorado continue. I've been shipping the loot to the adjacent colony of Sigma Draconis, just to avoid having it destroyed by killer robots. I have also evacuated our colonists to that system... the Military force, the Engineers, and Governor Nixon are now the only people on the planet.

I figure we've been facing three or four high-tech robotic battalions each time we get attacked. If there's a ten percent chance of attack (just a guess) and we crack two or three vaults at a time (given a sufficiently large stack of Engineers), we can expect to face about 140 attacks, about 14 of them from up to eight opposing battalions, and perhaps one attack of a dozen opposing battlaions.

Am I on El Dorado or Sigma Draconis?

Pretty well everybody is on El Dorado, to share in the combat experience. This required transferring many of the PCs to new units, rather than sending ships all over the galaxy collecting their old units.

Player Characters commanding ground units on El Dorado:

Hyme (123rd Division HQ commander)
Julius Strange (119th Brigade HQ commander)
Tvrtko I (101st Heavy Armor)
MiG24 (102nd Heavy Armor)
LordLeto (103rd Heavy Armor)
Joker (104th Heavy Armor)
Jolt (105th Assault Infantry)
GrapeApe (105th Assault Infantry)
Raaeritsgodzilla (105th Assault Infantry)
Star Dane (105th Assault Infantry)
Prince Vaino I of Hesse (127th Heavy Armor)
Morrell8 (109th Heavy Armor)
Quift (32nd Engineers)

EDIT:

Found a Genetic Modification Center. Anyone want to be mutated? Five eyeballs and tentacles?

EDIT: Found a Deep Space Tracking Station and 1,600,000 more fuel. Hope I can get all this loot off the planet before the next killer robot attack. Sending more Freighters from Earth.

Last edited:
To better resist cold would be nice if I ever found myself floating around in space

Actually, we find a lot more semi-habitable cold worlds than hot ones.

Hmmm... as soon as we got that captured Deep Space Tracking System functioning... we detected another Prix ship in the Wolf 294 system!

G043_Game.jpg

... he must have been hanging out there all the time. I'm sending for the fleet to abandon its overhaul and come running.

Is there boarding operations in this game?