Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I dont understand, where are all hostile aliens in the universe.

Yeah, this is really odd. This is the first game in which I've encountered even ONE friendly alien race... and we've found SEVEN of them.

I deliberately left the scout in their system instead of withdrawing it... hoping that they would shoot at it, of course... but no such luck.

The Chix (our allies) appear to be at war with the Kiri Na Niwa Conglomerate (neutrals). There are several Kiri Na Niwa ships in the Struve 2398 (Nexus) system, and one Chix ship, which is firing salvos of missiles.

G162_ChixWars.jpg

The Chix ship (dark green) was stationed at The Nexus, probably guarding that end of a civilian trade route. It started firing salvos of missiles towards the five Kiri Na Niwa ships (light grey, which look like unarmed scouts to me), then took off and started chasing the nearest one.

EDIT: Yeah... there's definately a shooting war going on in the Nexus system.

G163_ChixWars.jpg

G164_ChixWars.jpg

Last edited:
That's crazy :D

Who do all these guys think they are, respectively shooting like that in a system we own and have colonies in, and moving into with plenty of scouts as if we were allies when we're not yet?

BTW, I don't remember much about this conglomerate. Last guys we found before the Gnus, I suppose? What were they like?

That's crazy :D

Who do all these guys think they are, respectively shooting like that in a system we own and have colonies in, and moving into with plenty of scouts as if we were allies when we're not yet?

BTW, I don't remember much about this conglomerate. Last guys we found before the Gnus, I suppose? What were they like?

We're just starting to get to know the Gnus. We've known the Kiri Na Niwa Conglomerate for a while, but they're not particularly friendly. We have no deals with them yet.

G165_ChixWars.jpg

*rofl*

Can we salvage that wreck ASAP? It's in our territory, and it would be a great opportunity to get some intel on the Kiri Na Niwa.

*rofl*

Can we salvage that wreck ASAP? It's in our territory, and it would be a great opportunity to get some intel on the Kiri Na Niwa.

A wreecker has already been dispatched, yes. The opportunity to analyze the wreck had occurred to me, too.

I'm scared of the Cow People. Doesn't anybody remember the Emu's spelunking expedition narrated in the OT forum? Also, the most dangerous animal to hunt in Africa is the Cape Buffalo, IIRC. Tiny area where a shot is deadly, especially if they charge, I think...

Destroy the Cows NOW! Before they come after you and your children!

Jonathan Fisher

I dont understand, where are all hostile aliens in the universe.

They're all in my new home game. So far, out of 3 non-precursor alien races I found all 3 started up by shooting down my scouts...

(I was lucky enough, the first race I encountered had some pretty advanced beam ships but oddly enough no missiles at all... Gaining techs from them gave me enough of an edge to take on the next 2 races which I had to fight almost simultaneously a few years later)

The Chix (our allies) appear to be at war with the Kiri Na Niwa Conglomerate (neutrals). There are several Kiri Na Niwa ships in the Struve 2398 (Nexus) system, and one Chix ship, which is firing salvos of missiles.

Shouldn't we respect our alliance and promptly declare a war on the Kiri Na Niwa? I mean, it's rather awkward to have our 'allies' dying in a system which we have a military presence in...

Shouldn't we respect our alliance and promptly declare a war on the Kiri Na Niwa? I mean, it's rather awkward to have our 'allies' dying in a system which we have a military presence in...
+1

I am certainly willing to abide by the council's decision.

Votes?

Is it 3-to-0 so far, or 2-to-0 with Jos de Trol abstaining?

One practical difficulty is that we don't know where their home system is...

I would vote to blast the disgusting and violent Kiri Na Niwa.

Nobody gets away with blasting our allies... especially when those allies are stationed near one of our planets...

As far as we can tell, the Chix started a war against the Kiri, who have not shown any aggression against us. As it seems to be the Chix who are threatening trade and stability, I vote no against declaring war against the Kiri.

I don't think it's a good idea right now. Both probably deserve a spanking for bothering us in our colonies :p
Still, do we have any idea what the Klingon tech level is? Not that it should be very impressive compared to our might :D
Whatever, I think we should wait a little bit. The Chix can wipe out any scout they find on their own, after all. Now, if we see things getting out of hand, we might have to intervene.
Having some small ship of ours near the Chix homeworld, to check if they're attacked there, might be useful. (would be a commercial one if our relations aren't good enough to send a military one)