+ Reply to Thread
Page 370 of 388 FirstFirst ... 270 295 320 345 360 368 369 370 371 372 380 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,400 of 7755

Thread: Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

I dont understand, where are all hostile aliens in the universe.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Edzako View Post
    Yeah, this is really odd. This is the first game in which I've encountered even ONE friendly alien race... and we've found SEVEN of them.

I deliberately left the scout in their system instead of withdrawing it... hoping that they would shoot at it, of course... but no such luck.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne

The Chix (our allies) appear to be at war with the Kiri Na Niwa Conglomerate (neutrals). There are several Kiri Na Niwa ships in the Struve 2398 (Nexus) system, and one Chix ship, which is firing salvos of missiles.

The Chix ship (dark green) was stationed at The Nexus, probably guarding that end of a civilian trade route. It started firing salvos of missiles towards the five Kiri Na Niwa ships (light grey, which look like unarmed scouts to me), then took off and started chasing the nearest one.

EDIT: Yeah... there's definately a shooting war going on in the Nexus system.

Last edited by blue emu; 10-07-2011 at 01:00.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

That's crazy

Who do all these guys think they are, respectively shooting like that in a system we own and have colonies in, and moving into with plenty of scouts as if we were allies when we're not yet?

BTW, I don't remember much about this conglomerate. Last guys we found before the Gnus, I suppose? What were they like?

Quote Originally Posted by GaiusC View Post
    That's crazy

Who do all these guys think they are, respectively shooting like that in a system we own and have colonies in, and moving into with plenty of scouts as if we were allies when we're not yet?

BTW, I don't remember much about this conglomerate. Last guys we found before the Gnus, I suppose? What were they like?
    We're just starting to get to know the Gnus. We've known the Kiri Na Niwa Conglomerate for a while, but they're not particularly friendly. We have no deals with them yet.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

*rofl*

Can we salvage that wreck ASAP? It's in our territory, and it would be a great opportunity to get some intel on the Kiri Na Niwa.
    "Donít only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

Quote Originally Posted by randakar View Post
    *rofl*

Can we salvage that wreck ASAP? It's in our territory, and it would be a great opportunity to get some intel on the Kiri Na Niwa.
    A wreecker has already been dispatched, yes. The opportunity to analyze the wreck had occurred to me, too.

Obscurely Overrated subnormalized's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron III

I'm scared of the Cow People. Doesn't anybody remember the Emu's spelunking expedition narrated in the OT forum? Also, the most dangerous animal to hunt in Africa is the Cape Buffalo, IIRC. Tiny area where a shot is deadly, especially if they charge, I think...

Destroy the Cows NOW! Before they come after you and your children!

Jonathan Fisher

Sergeant
    A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Edzako View Post
    They're all in my new home game. So far, out of 3 non-precursor alien races I found all 3 started up by shooting down my scouts...

(I was lucky enough, the first race I encountered had some pretty advanced beam ships but oddly enough no missiles at all... Gaining techs from them gave me enough of an edge to take on the next 2 races which I had to fight almost simultaneously a few years later)

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    The Chix (our allies) appear to be at war with the Kiri Na Niwa Conglomerate (neutrals). There are several Kiri Na Niwa ships in the Struve 2398 (Nexus) system, and one Chix ship, which is firing salvos of missiles.
    Shouldn't we respect our alliance and promptly declare a war on the Kiri Na Niwa? I mean, it's rather awkward to have our 'allies' dying in a system which we have a military presence in...
    "What is a hen-teaser?"

"Coffee? What am I, some American who has no tea because he threw it into the ocean, and thus has to settle for coffee?"
    - Volrath50

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Shouldn't we respect our alliance and promptly declare a war on the Kiri Na Niwa? I mean, it's rather awkward to have our 'allies' dying in a system which we have a military presence in...
    +1
    "Berlin is the testicle of the West. When I want the West to scream, I squeeze on Berlin." Nikita Khrushchev

"Under my command, every mission is a suicide mission."- Zapp Brannigan, Futurama

"Capitalists will always find a way of buying themelves out of any crisis. As long it's the workers that foot the bill" Lenin

it's not yet a military alliance I suppose? but yes it's awkward if we want to be a federation of planets
    I resent any "science" which tells me I can't have my cake and eat it. I am however a huge fan of quantum physics.

"So while Libya should have done much better, i think they did quite well with Gaddafi." - Klausewitz

I am certainly willing to abide by the council's decision.

Votes?

Is it 3-to-0 so far, or 2-to-0 with Jos de Trol abstaining?

One practical difficulty is that we don't know where their home system is...

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

We're meant to be the wiser heads in this pan-species federation we're putting together. Shame we can't mediate between the Chix and the North Yemenese Klingons.
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

Practitioner of "Calm Rage" joebthegreat's Avatar
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

I would vote to blast the disgusting and violent Kiri Na Niwa.

Nobody gets away with blasting our allies... especially when those allies are stationed near one of our planets...
    Come play our most recent game of werewolf, or diplomacy
    Werewolf MICRO: Wolf: 1(1 wins) TOTAL: 1(1 wins) || GMed: 0(0 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    Werewolf LITE: Villager: 20(40 wins) Wolf: 11(33 wins) Seer: 2(4 wins) TOTAL: 33(66 wins) || GMed: 11100101(0 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    Werewolf BIG: Villager: 1(600 wins) Wolf: 600(1 wins) Cultist: 2(2 wins) Priest: 1(1 wins) Lover: 1*(1 wins) Thief: 1(1 wins) TOTAL: 20(1 wins) || GMed: 1(200 goodie wins/0 baddie wins)
    GRAND TOTAL: 2(0 wins) || GM TOTAL: 0(42 goodie wins/42 baddie wins)
    ----------
    Diplomacy: Great Britain: 0(0 wins) France: 0(0 wins) Germany: 0(0 wins) Austria: 0(0 wins) Italy: 1(0 wins) Russia: 0(0 wins) Turkey: 0(0 wins) TOTAL: 0(0 wins) || GMed: 1(0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins/0 wins)

"Quote" -Author

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition

As far as we can tell, the Chix started a war against the Kiri, who have not shown any aggression against us. As it seems to be the Chix who are threatening trade and stability, I vote no against declaring war against the Kiri.
    Repress Your Anger
    Think Negatively
    Be a Good Blamer
    And Throttle Your Inner Child

I don't think it's a good idea right now. Both probably deserve a spanking for bothering us in our colonies
    Still, do we have any idea what the Klingon tech level is? Not that it should be very impressive compared to our might
    Whatever, I think we should wait a little bit. The Chix can wipe out any scout they find on their own, after all. Now, if we see things getting out of hand, we might have to intervene.
    Having some small ship of ours near the Chix homeworld, to check if they're attacked there, might be useful. (would be a commercial one if our relations aren't good enough to send a military one)

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

I vote yes for racial intolerance!

Sergeant
    A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

No war. Let them blast each other to kingdom come. Why should a hair on any single human's head be endangered by a conflict that has nothing to do with us.

+ Reply to Thread