+ Reply to Thread
Page 336 of 388 FirstFirst ... 236 261 286 311 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 361 386 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,720 of 7755

Thread: Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

are you building some academies to remedy this problem?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by henkalv View Post
    are you building some academies to remedy this problem?
    Yes. Doubling the number.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne

We now have more than 992,000 ore stockpiled on Earth, despite building new ships on every single slipway. We can declare the resource shortage to be over.

EDIT:

We now have more than 250 Streak Fighters built... it's nearly time to start decommissioning the Gnats.
    Last edited by blue emu; 21-06-2011 at 02:01.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    We now have more than 992,000 ore stockpiled on Earth, despite building new ships on every single slipway. We can declare the resource shortage to be over.
    And it only took 300 pages
    You're an irreplaceable human soul, with your own understanding of what it means to suffer.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club

When will the Constellations be comissioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Cromelex View Post
    When will the Constellations be comissioned?
    The last three (Pegasus, Cetus and Cephus) have been launched in this past week. The first three (Andromeda, Cassiopeia and Perseus) have received their air-groups and are ready for commissioning. The last three must hang around for air groups... although we could, of course, steal the air groups from the Mountains and temporarily decommission them, pending refit and modernization.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

The last three (Pegasus, Cetus and Cephus) have been launched in this past week. The first three (Andromeda, Cassiopeia and Perseus) have received their air-groups and are ready for commissioning. The last three must hang around for air groups... although we could, of course, steal the air groups from the Mountains and temporarily decommission them, pending refit and modernization.
    How much of a hurry are we in to get the Constellations?

Quote Originally Posted by Hearth View Post
    How much of a hurry are we in to get the Constellations?
    The Carrier Captains are in a hurry...

Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold

Well, so am I when I need to go to the bathroom

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Our emucrat overlord knows it all

But if someone asks, Captain Cromelex will say he's only eager for the extra space in the captain's quarters.

Silly question, but does anyone know if there is a way to rename a missile series? I have a series for each size missile I'm using (and create "marks" as I redesign for better tech). I named the size 1 series "Flyswatter", and then hit on a naming theme and named the size 4s "Goshawk" and the size 8s "Peregrine" (WH 16) and "Gerfalcon" (WH 9). Now I'd like to rename the Flyswatters "Merlin".

I guess I'll have to create a new series...
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by.
    It ended abruptly in the middle of nowhere; would not pick again.
    A traveler

So should we temporarily decommission the Mountains in order to field all six Constellations in the next operation?

I say yes. We need to refit them some time anyway, and we won't lose any capability in the meantime since we're waiting on fighters. I'm also for using them as assault carriers, after all that's more or less what happened to old WWII carrier classes.

As for the FAC design, is there any way to cut the range? 10,000 L is fairly small, but 2.7 b-km is excessive. We wouldn't want to send them in without having sensor coverage enveloping the target planet and its surrounds, and our sensor range is a touch less than 1 b-km.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine an episode of Mr. Bean—forever.

On the subject of the assault carriers: don't the ships need to have troop transport spaces? Or do the soldiers travel in the drop ships?
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by.
    It ended abruptly in the middle of nowhere; would not pick again.
    A traveler

They can travel in drop ships, but they don't like it. The plan will be to send a troop ship alongside the assault carrier, and load them when ready for the strike.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine an episode of Mr. Bean—forever.

Think you would enjoy sitting boxed up for what, 2 months?

Indeed, if I have to load 2 units in a single dropship, the first one begins to complain before the 2nd one is loaded
    Granted, I use battalions and not companies, even if it's just for boarding enemy ships...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

What does your troop transport design look like? Is that a commercial vessal or a military one?
    "Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

A purely troop transport ship can be commercial. If you add drop pod, it's military.

Quote Originally Posted by GaiusC View Post
    A purely troop transport ship can be commercial. If you add drop pod, it's military.
    Us Marines would like a cruise-ship.

+ Reply to Thread