+ Reply to Thread
Page 335 of 388 FirstFirst ... 235 260 285 310 325 333 334 335 336 337 345 360 385 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,700 of 7755

Thread: Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

Our mining colony of Moria is now up to 549 automated mines and more than 103,000 minerals per year.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Perfection Personified Calantyr's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Can fighters benefit from compressed fuel storage? That would be a HUGE advantage.
    "Too often Fate,
    by all abhorred,
    to savage poison,
    adds the sword."
    - Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Calantyr View Post
    Can fighters benefit from compressed fuel storage? That would be a HUGE advantage.
    Not unless there is a seperate alien tech for it, which we haven't found yet. Certainly there is no Fighter-sized Compressed Fuel Storage tech in my tech tree.

We have established a new colony called "Tropico" on a class-0 world in the Theta Persei system. The air is invigorating, but the temperature is about 35 degrees Centigrade. A jungle world. The planet contains every mineral except one, but many of them are present only in low concentrations... at least, until our Geology team finds the time to look the place over.

We will establish our main banana-bending factory on this planet!

EDIT: Only one more class-0 world remains uncolonized... in the same sector as Tropico. There are also four more un-claimed worlds with more habitable conditions than Mars had at game-start.
    Last edited by blue emu; 20-06-2011 at 22:31.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

I think the Inertial Confinement Power (or Plant?) we found some time ago, probably in Wolf 248, is also an alien tech. Not sure if we found the whole tech or just got XXXX points of progress in this field, though.

Manners Makyth Man Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Is the Governor of Tropico El Presidente?
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

For the cities which were formerly great have most of them become insignificant; and such as are at present powerful, were weak in the olden time. I shall therefore discourse equally of both, convinced that human happiness never continues long in one stay.
    Herodotus of Halicarnassus

Quote Originally Posted by Calantyr View Post
    More importantly, can missile fuel be compressed?
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by.
    It ended abruptly in the middle of nowhere; would not pick again.
    A traveler

Quote Originally Posted by Gwalcmai View Post
    More importantly, can missile fuel be compressed?
    Not in my tech tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Strange View Post
    Is the Governor of Tropico El Presidente?
    Correct.

Over 160 systems have now been explored:

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

That screenie belongs on the first page

Then again, it's so busy with star systems I can't read half the planet names anymore ..
    edit: Scratch that - it's at least 3/4rds of the planet names.
    "Donít only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

Quote Originally Posted by randakar View Post
    That screenie belongs on the first page
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    Done.
    It has real readability issues by now though.

Can you perhaps split this into multiple zoomed-in screenies somehow? Otherwise I really don't know if it will help anyone understand the actual layout here.
    "Donít only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

you mean system names?
    ###Goldmattress###

Quote Originally Posted by Mattabesta View Post
    you mean system names?
    System names, and in some cases connections. Especially the connections that cross half the map, and very busy clusters look very vague ..
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    Over 160 systems have now been explored:
    Have you found many loops, giving you more than one way of going from A to B? How long are they usually?
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by.
    It ended abruptly in the middle of nowhere; would not pick again.
    A traveler

Quote Originally Posted by randakar View Post
    Can you perhaps split this into multiple zoomed-in screenies somehow?
    The Sol sector, central, with Earth; and Dravar XV and Moria in the Procyon system:

Hubward and Widdershins, The Nexus sector and the Chix, Seals at map bottom:

Hubward and Spinward, the Draco and Wolf 294 systems, plus a Prix infestation:

To Spinward, the Charlies and a bunch of unclaimed systems, infested with evil Prix:

To Widdershins, Remagen and the Belizards:

Widdershins and Rimward, some Prix and some unclaimed worlds:

And Spinward and Rimward, Tropico and some unclaimed worlds:

Quote Originally Posted by Gwalcmai View Post
    Have you found many loops, giving you more than one way of going from A to B? How long are they usually?
    Only two or three. No standard length.
    Last edited by blue emu; 20-06-2011 at 23:53.

is hyperspace travel instantaneous?
    I resent any "science" which tells me I can't have my cake and eat it. I am however a huge fan of quantum physics.

"So while Libya should have done much better, i think they did quite well with Gaddafi." - Klausewitz

Quote Originally Posted by Jos de trol View Post
    Jumps are instantaneous, Hyperdrive is something quite different... it multiplies your speed x10 if you use it outside the gravity well of a sun (typically, you need to be a couple of billion km away).

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jos de trol View Post
    10x faster than normal.
    And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it." Amen.

Depends what you mean by it.

Hyperdrive is 10 times faster than your normal drive, roughly. Works inside a system, when you're far enough from the star.

Jump drive, between stars, is instantaneous. Though apparently you have some side-effects which rendres you mostly unable to do anything for a short time after the drive - jump shock basically.

The first three Constellations now have full 47 Streak Air Groups. We have doubled our original rate of Fighter production from new Fighter Factories found on El Dorado or built on Earth. One continuing problem is Leaders... when you add several hundred ships (Fighters or not) to your Navy within a short period, It's not easy to scrape up enough leaders for them.

+ Reply to Thread