+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 388 FirstFirst ... 184 209 234 259 274 282 283 284 285 286 294 309 334 359 384 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,680 of 7755

Thread: Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

The crazy little mushroom billy bob's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k club

Blog Entries
    I leave for just a little while and we crush a new Prix force and colonize what is seemingly their homeplanet?
    Golden Horde-Scourge from the East A Duke of Wellington Production
    My special Red Cookie. P-dox fantasy football champion!
    Brandenburg-Prussia in the 1650 RPG

#1 Die Hard Fan of-Green Bay Packers, Louisville Cardinals, etc.
    "Everyone has the potential, Not everyone has the will" Billy Bob
    "Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."-Stalin
    "Men who use libraries instead of building their own are like men who prefer whores to wives."-Llywelyn

how long where the battle? The gravediggers and the priest are going to have alot of job to do
    Devoured by Aliens in Blue Emu's forum game 'Ad Astra'

Quote Originally Posted by Xz2 View Post
    how long where the battle? The gravediggers and the priest are going to have alot of job to do
    Given the favorable odds we had, and from what Blue Emu showed, there were 2 turns of battle and it was over.
    I'm not sure anymore, but I think the turns are 5-days turns.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by calestos View Post
    We need to stablish a metropolis in El Dorado.
    The problem is the giant robot attacks, which pretty well force me to remove the installations as they are found, to prevent their destruction in the next attack.

Quote Originally Posted by GaiusC View Post
    Given the favorable odds we had, and from what Blue Emu showed, there were 2 turns of battle and it was over.
    I'm not sure anymore, but I think the turns are 5-days turns.
    Three rounds, yes. They attacked, and did quite a bit of damage. I counter-attacked twice, destroying them. Five day turns, fifteen days in total.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne

Another vault, another bunch of killer robots, another battle, another victory, another bunch of experience points.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

I recon that we did not lose much in the killer robot attack

What parts of the combined fleet did you plan to station on El Dorado?

Quote Originally Posted by henkalv View Post
    I recon that we did not lose much in the killer robot attack

What parts of the combined fleet did you plan to station on El Dorado?
    I've decided that they aren't needed, and I'm sending them back for overhaul.

Sergeant
    A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Maybe it's time to station a bunch of crowbars in orbit.

I've doubled the number of ground units (now two full Divisions... total 42 units including HQs) and Engineers (now 10) on El Dorado. Let's see if it goes a bit quicker now.

A third robot attack on El Dorado, easily defeated. I've started to decommission our older scout ships as the new scouts come off the ways.

ESN Ptolomy has been exploring beyond the captured system of Wolf 294. It has just found the new system of Giclas 99-49, containing five wrecks including a Khan, a Tumurid and a Manchu (plus two unidentified wrecks).

If we assume Wolf 294 isn't special, we're in for a lot of digging over the next few centuries as we clear out Prix systems

Of course, that assumption may not be valid and as we surpass the Prix the digging will be more important for experience.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine an episode of Mr. Bean—forever.

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    the new system of Giclas 99-49, containing five wrecks including a Khan, a Tumurid and a Manchu (plus two unidentified wrecks).
    Looks like we're really in the heart of Prix territory.

We are now only 1500 points short of a tech-sharing treaty with the Charlies. Excavations on El Dorado continue. I've been shipping the loot to the adjacent colony of Sigma Draconis, just to avoid having it destroyed by killer robots. I have also evacuated our colonists to that system... the Military force, the Engineers, and Governor Nixon are now the only people on the planet.

I figure we've been facing three or four high-tech robotic battalions each time we get attacked. If there's a ten percent chance of attack (just a guess) and we crack two or three vaults at a time (given a sufficiently large stack of Engineers), we can expect to face about 140 attacks, about 14 of them from up to eight opposing battalions, and perhaps one attack of a dozen opposing battlaions.

Am I on El Dorado or Sigma Draconis?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrell8 View Post
    Am I on El Dorado or Sigma Draconis?
    Pretty well everybody is on El Dorado, to share in the combat experience. This required transferring many of the PCs to new units, rather than sending ships all over the galaxy collecting their old units.

Player Characters commanding ground units on El Dorado:

Hyme (123rd Division HQ commander)
    Julius Strange (119th Brigade HQ commander)
    Tvrtko I (101st Heavy Armor)
    MiG24 (102nd Heavy Armor)
    LordLeto (103rd Heavy Armor)
    Joker (104th Heavy Armor)
    Jolt (105th Assault Infantry)
    GrapeApe (105th Assault Infantry)
    Raaeritsgodzilla (105th Assault Infantry)
    Star Dane (105th Assault Infantry)
    Prince Vaino I of Hesse (127th Heavy Armor)
    Morrell8 (109th Heavy Armor)
    Quift (32nd Engineers)

EDIT:

Found a Genetic Modification Center. Anyone want to be mutated? Five eyeballs and tentacles?

EDIT: Found a Deep Space Tracking Station and 1,600,000 more fuel. Hope I can get all this loot off the planet before the next killer robot attack. Sending more Freighters from Earth.
    Last edited by blue emu; 11-06-2011 at 04:22.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    EDIT: found a Genetic Modification Center. Anyone want to be mutated? Five eyeballs and tentacles?
    To better resist cold would be nice if I ever found myself floating around in space

Quote Originally Posted by henkalv View Post
    To better resist cold would be nice if I ever found myself floating around in space
    Actually, we find a lot more semi-habitable cold worlds than hot ones.

Hmmm... as soon as we got that captured Deep Space Tracking System functioning... we detected another Prix ship in the Wolf 294 system!

... he must have been hanging out there all the time. I'm sending for the fleet to abandon its overhaul and come running.

Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Is there boarding operations in this game?
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre"

AARS:
    For the fern! Part Deux A New ZealandAAR Newly Updated! 10/5/10
    Land of the Long Red Cloud, A narrative New Zealand AAR Newly Updated 17/9/10
    Rebirth of an empire, A 1936 AAR Great Britain reclaims her spot at the top of the world! (Abandoned)

+ Reply to Thread