+ Reply to Thread
Page 281 of 388 FirstFirst ... 181 206 231 256 271 279 280 281 282 283 291 306 331 356 381 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,620 of 7755

Thread: Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jos de trol View Post
    oh, were we in a position to shoot them down if necessary?
    They only came there after we signed a trade agreement with them, presumably to protect the far end of their trade route.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

HOLY CRAP!!!

... errr ... you people may remember that we`ve already explored two Ruins sites, one on Dravar XV, and one on Sigma Draconis. We found less than a dozen installations on each. Tech level 2 or 3.

Check this out:

1,747 installations, tech level 4. We`ve hit the jackpot, people!

Time to send in the Engineers.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    WOW

They must've had a language fairly close to English for it to translate that quickly.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    WOW

They must've had a language fairly close to English for it to translate that quickly.
    It took about ten months... I`ve been playing rather quickly, since I`m not doing much except building and deploying automated mines, Infrastructure, etc.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

That all overlooks the most concerning news in that message.

No no no no no
    No no no no no no no
    No no no no ...yes?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition

Can't help but to think that with that many installations, it will either be the most important colony of humanity, or an eternal battlefield when the nasties comes out.
    Repress Your Anger
    Think Negatively
    Be a Good Blamer
    And Throttle Your Inner Child

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

That's the sort of find that you'd start a war over in the real world. I can well imagine the Charlies wanting to muscle in on it.
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

Quote Originally Posted by GrimPagan View Post
    Can't help but to think that with that many installations, it will either be the most important colony of humanity, or an eternal battlefield when the nasties comes out.
    How about both?

I have split the Combined Fleet and sent half of it to stand guard over El Dorado... in case some ridiculous number of Alien Japanese-Anime Killer Robots come swarming out, and need to be blasted from orbit.

1747 installations? This is madness

Well, with them being T-L4, odds are that we'll have teched-up to Prix level once we've done with this alien stuff.
    On the other hand, it'll take us half a century to dig up all these installations - unless "intact" status means that every one of them can be put online in a matter of days, instead of spending months of archaelogical digs.
    Do we know if having 2 engineers brigades speeds up the whole process?

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    A perfectly normal Finnish winter day!
    Yea well, at least we get to be warmest place in europe as well (Or probably, not sure if somewhere in black sea is just as hot at the moment, but nearly anyways.)
    ‘If you do not submit at once, I will invade your country. And if I invade, I will pillage and burn everything you hold dear. If I march into Laconia, I will level your great city to the ground.’
    'If'

Arrrrgh!

We're being attacked by Giant Evil Japanese-Anime Killer Robots!

I am right to say we won that pretty handily, right? Although the factory loss is probably a nuisance.

No no no no no
    No no no no no no no
    No no no no ...yes?

Combat ratio 0.11 is quite good for us. On the other hand, I wouldn't expect such readiness loss on our part. That'll take time to go up at top again. Those look like mean ones, considering the damages they do - or is it because, for once, this is an intact city, not a ruined one, therefore most combat will actually destroy stuff?

Whatever, how many troops do we have on the ground, and is it possible to send a couple more Marine Battalion and/or Heavy Assault Battalion?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    Arrrrgh!

We're being attacked by Giant Evil Japanese-Anime Killer Robots!
    Honestly, who stores killer robots in giant underground vaults and doesn't properly label them as such. Damn these space-Boers.
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Kiwi View Post
    I am right to say we won that pretty handily, right? Although the factory loss is probably a nuisance.
    The combat continues. We killed one of the two attacking units, and I think we damaged the other. Quift's Engineer brigade... who apparently opened the vault... took 46% losses. I'll ship some reinforcements in. We've got five heavy Armor, two Assault Infantry and one Marines in the line, as well as four Garrisons and three Brigade HQs.

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k club

Oh my, at least wrecking seems leisure compared to this 'archaelogy' business...
    Still, I presume having many many engineer brigades will speed up the 'discovery' process too?

....and was that industry loss from our own bombardment or 'from ground combat bombardment' ?
    Ie. should we trust the ground troops to do their job and not use the fleet on those (if we didn't, well, sigh, send in the whole army.)
    ‘If you do not submit at once, I will invade your country. And if I invade, I will pillage and burn everything you hold dear. If I march into Laconia, I will level your great city to the ground.’
    'If'

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Time to send in the Marines!

Ooh-Rah!

We opened one vault, and found one construction factory. We opened a second vault, and the Killer Robots came swarming out and destroyed the factory that we'd found, as well as inflicting a few casualties.

Lesson learned... I'm sending some Freighters over to load each bit of loot as we find it.

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Gwalcmai View Post
    In my case, the whole concept of "jump point FTL" and "space navies" blowing away at each other with missiles immediately made me thing of Honor Harrington. For instance, Basilisk Station was placed in a completely uninteresting system that happened to have several jump points, and that led to the need for a permanent presence by the RMN, setting up an outpost where there was no real point in having one otherwise. A bit like Emu's Nexus.
    Jump points (Worm holes) are pretty rare in HH, whereas they are the standard method of travel in Starfire. Also, since I am in HH sperg mode lready, Basilisk only had one Worm hole, it was important because it linked to the Manticore home system, plus it opened up a previously out of the way region.
    Relentless madman.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgiven View Post
    ....and was that industry loss from our own bombardment or 'from ground combat bombardment' ?
    Ie. should we trust the ground troops to do their job and not use the fleet on those (if we didn't, well, sigh, send in the whole army.)
    I'm not even sure we can bombard ground troops that easily. Wouldn't be safe and clean, for sure. Particularly since we already have a colony there. And even less safe if we have ground troops right there next to the killer robots.

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    TWe've got five heavy Armor, two Assault Infantry and one Marines in the line, as well as four Garrisons and three Brigade HQs.
    At first sight, that's a lot of troops. Though I wonder if we have a Marine Company or a Marine Battalion; a Company is quite worthless except against very small troops.

+ Reply to Thread