+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 388 FirstFirst ... 65 90 115 140 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 190 215 240 265 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 7755

Thread: Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Semper Fi
    Victoria 2

Is it possible the enemy ship was a minelayer?
    "People have got to know whether or not their president is a crook. Well, I'm not a crook. I've earned everything I've got." -Richard M. Nixon

“The player is armed with a gun-most fortunately, because he is being assailed by a seemingly unending succession of hideous axe-wielding zombies… [T]he zombies have already knocked down and wounded several people, who are pleading pitiably for help; and one of the player's duties is to protect those unfortunates from renewed assaults by the zombies. His main task, however, is self-defense. Zombies are supernatural beings, therefore difficult to kill. Repeated shots are necessary to stop them as they rush headlong toward the player. He must not only be alert to the appearance of zombies from any quarter; he must be assiduous about reloading his gun periodically, lest he be overwhelmed by the rush of the zombies when his gun is empty.” American Amusement Machine Ass'n v. Kendrick, 244 F.3d 572 C.A.7 (Ind.),2001.

Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    I've got both of my Command Cruisers (AWACS ships) along, remember. They've got pretty good sensors.
    Actually, even your command ships (and every ship in your fleet?) have the crappy default EM detection value of 1. For example, the Admiral II class' 50m GPS 8400 search sensor could only be detected at 8.4m with EM detection rating of 1. It's quite possible he managed to ping you without you seeing it.

Sergeant
    A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Perhaps the Prix use decoy ships too.

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

They could have a ship with active sensors, far out of your range...

I would turn on one anti missle sensor asap.
    My first AAR- Germany, the power in the center of Europe more or less dead

Sole Survivor of Squadron #6, 'Night Owls', destroyed a Prix Cruiser to end the battle in Blue Emu's forum game 'Ad Astra'
    Best AAR ever: Golden Horde-Scourge from the East

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Väinö I View Post
    Actually, even your command ships (and every ship in your fleet?) have the crappy default EM detection value of 1. For example, the Admiral II class' 50m GPS 8400 search sensor could only be detected at 8.4m with EM detection rating of 1. It's quite possible he managed to ping you without you seeing it.
    Possibly so. We'll know when the missiles get here... or don't.

Is it possible the enemy ship was a minelayer?
    Possibly so. We'll route around that stretch.

The Prix ship has fled beyond detection range.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

A Parthian shot without the shot?
    Or perhaps the classic fake flight to ambush the opponent, even if this is unlikely with the firepower they have shown before.

I'd say proceed with care.

Well, as a redshirt I must say, all is going better than expected.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    We'll know when the missiles get here...
    Quite. A salvo of fifteen missiles just arrived. No prior warning by thermal imaging. As anticipated, they attacked one of our Decoy Vessels.

Seven missiles missed, one was shot down by CIWS, seven hit... resulting in minor spallation of the outer armor.

... just a few dents, no-where deeper than two rows out of sixteen.

Going to active sensors now, and re-launching the Fighters as soon as they are refueled.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Sergeant
    A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations

These might be size2 or smaller missiles. No wonder the passive sensors didn't pick them up. When my scout ship was blown up, it was with strength 9 warheads so probably at least size 3-4 missiles, and my sensors didn't pick it up (passives about as good as yours).

Oh and BTW there may be more missiles very close. Watch out.

DONT TREAD ON ME Moderator TheLoneGunman's Avatar
    51 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    King Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

So they can hit us when we can barely even see them.

Wonderful!

Edit: He's probably falling back to reload or regroup with some of his buddies!
    "also most of paradox rise as a successful company can be attributed to the motivating powers of "Mr Nibbles", a vicious old platypus specimen Johan keep locked in a drawer. Whenever a programmer isn't working fast enough, or introduces a bug Mr Nibbles is let out of the box to give the perpetrator a nasty bite." - podcat

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition

Hope we manage to catch up with the bastard before he managed to get more missles, though that is probably moot hope.
    Repress Your Anger
    Think Negatively
    Be a Good Blamer
    And Throttle Your Inner Child

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

This is really fun to watch! No doubt Sapphire is quite relaxing about sitting in his Antarctic Station!
    The Court of His Grace, Louis the Second, King of Hungary, Bohemia and Croatia in Medieval RPG

DONT TREAD ON ME Moderator TheLoneGunman's Avatar
    51 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    King Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by GrimPagan View Post
    Hope we manage to catch up with the bastard before he managed to get more missles, though that is probably moot hope.
    My guess is we'd have to split the fleet and try to corner him.

Though that's assuming there's only one of them.
    "also most of paradox rise as a successful company can be attributed to the motivating powers of "Mr Nibbles", a vicious old platypus specimen Johan keep locked in a drawer. Whenever a programmer isn't working fast enough, or introduces a bug Mr Nibbles is let out of the box to give the perpetrator a nasty bite." - podcat

Holy shit! There's FIVE of them!... and at least one more, because none of these dudes is the guy who waxed our scout.

This looks pretty serious

They're still well out of our firing range, too.

Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by stamasd View Post
    These might be size2 or smaller missiles. No wonder the passive sensors didn't pick them up. When my scout ship was blown up, it was with strength 9 warheads so probably at least size 3-4 missiles, and my sensors didn't pick it up (passives about as good as yours).
    IIRC, when our scout ship was blown in the current system a while back, there was only 1 second margin to detect them. Otherwise they would have been too far or too near (ie. exploding against the hull).

The actives on the warships should have no problems though.

Sergeant

hate to say I told you so, but...

I told you so.

Manners Makyth Man Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

The most dangerous place to which a young man can be sent.

Awww hell noooo!
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

For the cities which were formerly great have most of them become insignificant; and such as are at present powerful, were weak in the olden time. I shall therefore discourse equally of both, convinced that human happiness never continues long in one stay.
    Herodotus of Halicarnassus

"Why are so many rowers atheists? Because anyone who has done a 2K knows that there is no god."

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition

Did we just launch 12 anti missiles on every incoming missile? I fear we gonna be out of defensive measures at that rate.

Edit: Or does it target groups of missiles?
    Repress Your Anger
    Think Negatively
    Be a Good Blamer
    And Throttle Your Inner Child

Keeper of the seven keys Lord Martin's Avatar
    200k clubVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Lets hope the AMM are effective.
    Since the custom avatars are gone, I´m aiming at 1.000.000 posts instead!!!!
    998.333 posts left...

Europa Universalis 3Victoria 2500k club

Shuttling back and forth between work and that someone special...
    Look's like we startled their skirmisher, and are now under fire from the heavies.

"Engage the enemy more closely!"
    The Last Mission A Love Story

There is no way to peace along the way of safety. For peace must be dared, it is itself the great venture and can never be safe. Peace is the opposite of security. To demand guarantees is to want to protect oneself. Peace means giving oneself completely to God's commandment, wanting no security, but in faith and obedience laying the destiny of the nations in the hand of almighty God, not trying to direct it for selfish purposes. Battles are won, not with weapons, but with God. They are won when the way leads to the cross.

+ Reply to Thread