+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 388 FirstFirst ... 39 64 89 114 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 164 189 214 239 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 7755

Thread: Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

Crusader Kings IIRome Gold

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen.Schuermann View Post
    brilliant.
    I hereby award myself the Tom-Lehrer-Memorial-Award in Silver.
    Never smile - It is contagious

Got one of my AARs made into a video. Thank you, Paradox Extra.

55 games registered

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Read it all over the last day, fantastic truly fantastic...I say we invade the Seals and take the money.

Sergeant
    A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I hereby am founding the East Kuiper Company, and humbly ask Our Most Benevolent Avian for an exclusive charter of trade with our newest protegees, the Salamis. In related news, yard sale tomorrow. I will be offering all of my, err... study material in erotica for coloured beads and shiny pebbles.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Will Lucky View Post
    Read it all over the last day, fantastic truly fantastic...I say we invade the Seals and take the money.
    I hope to persuade The Council that this is indeed the best course of action. Naturally, it will take years to prepare... we have no Assault Carriers, and neither the tech nor the unoccupied slipways to build them, at the moment.

Exploration of the barren EG 290 system has led Commander Arnold Kiwi Rimmer in ESN Maxwell to the new Gliese 190 system. An M5-V Red Dwarf primary, with five rocky planets, four gas giants, 49 moons and 366 asteroids. One of the planets is Mars-like, another somewhat less habitable. The ESN Maxwell is returning to EG 290 to finish mapping that system.

Quote Originally Posted by stamasd View Post
    I hereby am founding the East Kuiper Company, and humbly ask Our Most Benevolent Avian for an exclusive charter of trade with our newest protegees, the Salamis. In related news, yard sale tomorrow. I will be offering all of my, err... study material in erotica for coloured beads and shiny pebbles.
    The main problem from my selfish point of view is that Trade generates revenue mostly for the Civilian company. Even under the best of circumstances... when all of the exports are from our own Imperial worlds, and all of the goods are carried in our own carriers... the Government of Earth will get only 10% of the value of the trades: 5% export tax and 5% shipping tax. The Civilian company keeps the rest. This is good for long-term growth; they can use it to buy more ships. But it won't solve our desperate financial crisis. Only seizing the Salami treasury will do that.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    Typically, you either bombard them from orbit (which tends to muck up the ecosystem), or drop on them with Space Marines. Or both.
    The space marines being individual named characters right? They really should abstract larger army forces and vehicles in some way. How is it now, you land 10 marines on a world with no defending marines of their own, and you occupy it?

Sergeant
    A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The main problem from my selfish point of view is that Trade generates revenue mostly for the Civilian company. Even under the best of circumstances... when all of the exports are from our own Imperial worlds, and all of the goods are carried in our own carriers... the Government of Earth will get only 10% of the value of the trades: 5% export tax and 5% shipping tax. The Civilian company keeps the rest. This is good for long-term growth; they can use it to buy more ships. But it won't solve our desperate financial crisis. Only seizing the Salami treasury will do that.
    Ok then... I will withdraw to peruse my study material in peace.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Galleblære View Post
    The space marines being individual named characters right? They really should abstract larger army forces and vehicles in some way. How is it now, you land 10 marines on a world with no defending marines of their own, and you occupy it?
    No... the player characters are the commanding officers of various Space Marine units, which vary in size from Battalions (~1000 men) to Brigades (~3000 men).

Seli's Xeno-Archeology team has reported in from Sigma Draconis. The ruins have been analyzed... and are found to have belonged to a race of aliens called "The Thorndale Freehold". Their language and symbology have been translated, and seven potential dig sites have been identified. Now we need to get the Engineers to the spot, along with some guards to protect the colony against the possibility that the ruins might be guarded.

EDIT: June 17th 2031. Money down to $551, and -$20 per day. Bankruptcy approaches.
    Last edited by blue emu; 18-05-2011 at 15:02.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

No... the player characters are the commanding officers of various Space Marine units, which vary in size from Battalions (~1000 men) to Brigades (~3000 men).

Seli's Xeno-Archeology team has reported in from Sigma Draconis. The ruins have been analyzed... and are found to have belonged to a race of aliens called "The Thorndale Freehold". Their language and symbology have been translated, and seven potential dig sites have been identified. Now we need to get the Engineers to the spot, along with some guards to protect the colony against the possibility that the ruins might be guarded.
    Nice, that was a quick analysis this time, I hope it means the sites will be higher quality as well.

We should at least start with a presence in the Seal-Salami system. We just have to protect them from interference by evil alien influences

Quote Originally Posted by Seli View Post
    Nice, that was a quick analysis this time, I hope it means the sites will be higher quality as well.

We should at least start with a presence in the Seal-Salami system. We just have to protect them from interference by evil alien influences
    There are four planets in that system that could be colonized at our current tech level, not including the one they occupy. However... I'd like to wait for the new year and see how much difference that +20% income tech makes, before we commit ourselves to another expensive colonization project.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

Bankruptcy or the +20% income, what arrives first?
    - La esperanza es como el azúcar en el té. Aunque es muy poca, todo lo endulza.
    Proverbio chino

Quote Originally Posted by calestos View Post
    Bankruptcy or the +20% income, what arrives first?
    Bankruptcy is only weeks away. The tech is six months away.

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

What about reducing research for a few months, just take some RL away from the unimportant projects...
    My first AAR- Germany, the power in the center of Europe more or less dead

Sole Survivor of Squadron #6, 'Night Owls', destroyed a Prix Cruiser to end the battle in Blue Emu's forum game 'Ad Astra'
    Best AAR ever: Golden Horde-Scourge from the East

Paradox QA Paradox Dev Team ForzaA's Avatar
    200k club500k clubParadoxian Order - 2015

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iche_Bins View Post
    What about reducing research for a few months, just take some RL away from the unimportant projects...
    Shame that there are no unimportant projects that have any RL assigned...
    Error in war on error on line 1.

I think it will be necessary to go into deficit financing. There isn't enough play in the research budget to really make a difference. I'll have to wait for my current round of shipyard modifications to finish, and defer any further shipyard expansions. I'll also need to get the new Fighters and Missiles built, and then shut down those factories again. We'll probably be about $5,000 to $10,000 in the hole before I can stabilize the budget.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

I wasn't going to admit this, but I might as well come clean...

Just after posting that screen-shot, I mis-clicked, in-game. Instead of sending the Scout-ship out on a reciprocal course, as intended, I actually BUZZED the planet, passing closer to it than the Moon is to Earth. Nothing happened. Nobody fired a shot at the ESN Agassiz, and they safely pulled away from the planet and exited the system. They are now in the Groombridge 1618 system, headed off on their next mission.
    To: Crew of ESN Agassiz

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."
    Oh, yeah, what are you gonna do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark, they shoot bees at you?

--Homer Simpson

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

There's a new joke circulating among the crew of ESN Hutton. It begins: "The Salamis Federation walks into a club..."
    "What is a hen-teaser?"

"Coffee? What am I, some American who has no tea because he threw it into the ocean, and thus has to settle for coffee?"
    - Volrath50

Crusader Kings IIRome Gold

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    There's a new joke circulating among the crew of ESN Hutton. It begins: "The Salamis Federation walks into a club..."
    Never smile - It is contagious

Got one of my AARs made into a video. Thank you, Paradox Extra.

Paradox QA Paradox Dev Team ForzaA's Avatar
    200k club500k clubParadoxian Order - 2015

Blog Entries
    If we intend conquest, just make sure it doesn't turn into a second battle of Salamis.
    Error in war on error on line 1.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Bravo sir, bravo!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition

Not to rain on the parade, but if these guys just pop'd into existance, they probably won't have that much money. Might as well keep them around as trading partners and an example of human benevolence towards it's lesser.
    Repress Your Anger
    Think Negatively
    Be a Good Blamer
    And Throttle Your Inner Child

+ Reply to Thread