• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This issue is actually the tip point (beta games rushed for launch, game breaking bugs, unavailable/not working promised features, etc) that made me not want to get Hoi3: For The Motherland expansion. Paradox is losing customers with little details like that. Being a small company with a small working force is a retarded excuse for being inefficient...

Latest news have it that the keys will probably not be forthcoming from Taleworlds. Apparently they messed up the files, they (and only they) know how to fix it, but they are keeping that job on the back burner, possibly forever..

@kartebi - In Paradox defense I'll have to say that they do try harder. They could just have skipped on offering icons for out-of-house produced games, and this kind of problems could never have happened. Still, it is annoying, and just like you say, problems they can't change make people give them guilt by association in completely different areas.

I just bought it on Steam as well :( I wish i had read this forum page 10 min earlier :) This has happened over and over again in the past though. I had this problem with both Ship Shimulator and King Richard' s Crusade on Steam. It got resolved after some time, so patience will prevail i believe and hope... If what Nikolai says proves to be true, Telltale can forget about a lot of future customers though. What is weird though, is why Steam chooses to handle Paradox this way. Sure, it is a smaller studio and all, but it is rising and with a solid, permanent fanbase of thousands. It makes no business sense at all in my opinion !

Latest news have it that the keys will probably not be forthcoming from Taleworlds. Apparently they messed up the files, they (and only they) know how to fix it, but they are keeping that job on the back burner, possibly forever..

@kartebi - In Paradox defense I'll have to say that they do try harder. They could just have skipped on offering icons for out-of-house produced games, and this kind of problems could never have happened. Still, it is annoying, and just like you say, problems they can't change make people give them guilt by association in completely different areas.

Thanks for the info!
And i must say i'm quite disappointed, too. I know it's just an icon, and the Steam offer was worth it even without it, but it isn't the best sign if little things like these take ages to be solved (if they ever will be). Same with the Rome cascading alliances bug where it has been stated that the fix IS THERE but they won't give it to us without a complete patch which will probably never come because Rome seems to be abandoned. And with the broken achievements in EU3: DW because of the betapatches that seem to be there forever, while the basegame which has achievements is seriously bugged...

Little things that just don't make Paradox look very good...

I know this probably isn't possible, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Would it be possible for a Paradox rep/admin/moderator to manually add icons to forum accounts on here, or does the database system not allow that?

I just thought when I read this, that if I can provide proof, by linking my Steam account (Which lists With Fire and Sword as being in my possession) and making a post on it's comments page verifying that this is me on the forums, that a representative could manually add the icon to ones user account?

As I said, I know you probably won't do this since it'd be way too much manual work, but it seems like it might be the last chance if Taleworlds aren't particularly interested in resolving the problem.

I know this probably isn't possible, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Would it be possible for a Paradox rep/admin/moderator to manually add icons to forum accounts on here, or does the database system not allow that?

I just thought when I read this, that if I can provide proof, by linking my Steam account (Which lists With Fire and Sword as being in my possession) and making a post on it's comments page verifying that this is me on the forums, that a representative could manually add the icon to ones user account?

As I said, I know you probably won't do this since it'd be way too much manual work, but it seems like it might be the last chance if Taleworlds aren't particularly interested in resolving the problem.

There are thousands of you, so that would be too much manual labor, yes. At least for this game where the registration is not required to play multiplayer or view the sub forums.

This has nothing to do with Steam though.

Indeed, in the particular circumstance the problem lays with the developer mostly, though Steam certainly could apply an appropriate amount of pressure. This, i believe, was not the case in other instance like King Richard's were you had given them the codes but they delayed their distribution.
On the other hand, if the problem lays with the studio shouldn't Paradox be able to apply more pressure, considering your being their publisher and all?

And make the developer hate them? I'd rather see TaleWorlds make good games than have a feud with Paradox over a forum icon.

Hate them? Let us not exaggerate...If in business someone hated anyone who applied pressure to keep his business going smoothly, the market would be a battlefield :) Sure they make great games, but many studios in the past created great games but had no response from the public. While the art of game design is essential, keeping your supporters (publisher and customers) close and happy ensures longevity and prosperity. I believe that Paradox is a prime example of this strategy concerning the titles that were internally developed.

I bought my first Paradox games during the recent Steam Summer Sale, and ALREADY I'm disappointed that I can't get a little icon under my name.

Yes, forum icons are drugs....