• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would but I have been using steam for so long and do not really want to install yet another digital download service.

Well I can wait a few days I suppose. Perhaps not, I'll see how my patience vs aversion to a new service battle goes.

I would but I have been using steam for so long and do not really want to install yet another digital download service.

Well I can wait a few days I suppose. Perhaps not, I'll see how my patience vs aversion to a new service battle goes.

Gamergate doesn't require you to install anything on your computer, you only download an executable from the website, once activated it will take care of downloading the game, and start the installer most download are easily resumable from what you downloaded if there is some kind of failure (actually the only game I know that doesn't do that is the first Mass Effect, cause EA back then asked some bullshit download restriction for the game to be available on gamersgate)

GG is awesome. Especially for Paradox stuff of course...(I use both GG and Steam)

It is, and they added a silly little hat for your silly little war-themed hat simulator.

My own personal question: Is Talewords going to have direct activation of the game? What I did for their previous games was buy it on Steam, then use the serial to DL directly from Talewords (I've heard it works with other companies serials as well) to not have to deal with Steam.

I'll probably just order via GG this time since I no longer play TF2, and Blue Coins > the extra charges I get, though I may hold off since my gaming card was a victim of PSNfail. (not Paradox's fault, and they'll bank an extra $1.45 or so out of me that way)

My own personal question: Is Talewords going to have direct activation of the game? What I did for their previous games was buy it on Steam, then use the serial to DL directly from Talewords (I've heard it works with other companies serials as well) to not have to deal with Steam.
If you're going to do that might as well buy it off the TaleWorld site directly, or any other non-steam platform.

A question on activating a key bought through steam with Taleworlds exe. Would I still be able to Download and use the key if I had already downloaded and started playing with the steam version? Also if I ever need to reinstall, could I use the same key again?

A question on activating a key bought through steam with Taleworlds exe. Would I still be able to Download and use the key if I had already downloaded and started playing with the steam version? Also if I ever need to reinstall, could I use the same key again?

Yeah you can use the same cd key countless times as this game doesnt have any sort of shitty DRM as far as i know.

I didnt understand your other question, but if you were asking if you could download the game more than once if you had already started playing, yeah, you can download the same game from your steam account infinite times. I got about 15 games on steam, multiple laptops and a desktop, and i installed all games more than once.

Bought With fire and sword on steam and while it's not the end of the world, it is really annoying to pre-purchase something and then still having to wait for the release on that platform. What's the point in pre-purchasing if there's no benefit for you?

Even if they have to change the exe, the game is supposed to be ready a while before it is actually release. That should've given them enough time to do what they have to do.