+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (SF/HPP)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

I forgot. if you have military access to, say, Switzerland, and you attack a provnice bordering it, could you support attack from there?
    Germany Tutorial, Take Two: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post13243122 or find it in the Major Threads sticky.
    Tutorial AAR in pdf form available on Gamefront, courtesy of Davy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7H...it?usp=sharing
    Honoured by USKnight for the above tutorial here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post14404907
    Current EU IV AAR: La Douce France http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post17163635 Completed!

Poland probably had good reason to think the way it did, I suppose. Didn't want Germany to pounce too quickly. It does help us that you were willing to pounce first.

EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by misterbean View Post
    I forgot. if you have military access to, say, Switzerland, and you attack a provnice bordering it, could you support attack from there?
    I don't know what the design intent is, but I've found that you cannot attack an enemy from a country you have military access with unless that country is also at war with your opponent.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Quote Originally Posted by eqqman View Post
    I don't know what the design intent is, but I've found that you cannot attack an enemy from a country you have military access with unless that country is also at war with your opponent.
    the mission I'm looking for is "support attack", gaining an extra 5 front and a combat bonus, in contrast to "attack" where you would advance.
    Germany Tutorial, Take Two: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post13243122 or find it in the Major Threads sticky.
    Tutorial AAR in pdf form available on Gamefront, courtesy of Davy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7H...it?usp=sharing
    Honoured by USKnight for the above tutorial here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post14404907
    Current EU IV AAR: La Douce France http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post17163635 Completed!

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Thanks Rensslaer, I do also speak English, fortunately! I'm loving your bravery in taking on Germany when they're not even really engaged in any other theatre!

Per l'Italia, devi vincere! In bocca al lupo, Rensslaer.

Is this dead??
    Nothing to say.

Fan of the Week - 31 July, 2011

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Oh no, I don't think so. Rensslaer might be accused of being a little over-ambitious when it comes to running multiple concurrent AARs, but he finishes what he starts. It might've been quiet in 'Locarno' for a bit, but unless Renss himself calls it quits, I fully expect it will resume in the future. Now, when that future might come to pass... That is something only Renss knows.
    Hollow Little Reign - A brief Crusader Kings tale about family ties in Byzantium.

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

I think he said somewhere else that he was finishing off a book, so no doubt will be back when that particular task is over
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Oh yeah... Forgot about those things :P
    Nothing to say.

Fan of the Week - 31 July, 2011

Nice idea for an AAR Rensslaer .

Will you be sending some of the Italian Fleet north to harass the Germans?

More please!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Just read through after having read your others AARs (except for your German one, that's next). I hope it's still going. Great reading, as always!

I hope that it's not dead. Ren's AARs are always so awesome!

Just got into this AAR and now there is war, but than it ends. you are a terrible person for leaving us with such a cliffhanger.

Throughly enjoyable read though, looking forward to more.

Arseny Grigoryevich Zverev - People's Kommissar of Defense and 2nd Member of the SGO, in Avindian's Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo (Interactive TFH 4.02)
    RIP FoE, She was a Dame:Popa, Drunken Master of Hyperbole.
    Giuseppe di Antico in TH3's PttP. Also Governator of the Union Lists.
    Count Samuel Wilhelm Marcu Vanderhoof of Ghent, 2nd Marquess of Vanderhoof in the dead EoE.
    Otto IV von Altmark, Duke of Altmark und Saxony and Lord of the Old March
    Stadtholder Friedrich-Augustus von Altmark, Graf von Altmark in Avindian's "Sonderweg oder Anderweg?"
    The Lubbites
    Skalf, Godling and Maniac - Favourite Character

[19:42:59] <Keperry> You think wrong.
    [01:18:36] <Noco> You should be our Paradoxian Messiah

Ask how many Divisions I have! InnocentIII's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    I think he said somewhere else that he was finishing off a book, so no doubt will be back when that particular task is over
    Reading or writing?

Anyway, very much enjoying the AAR. Just got back into HoI3 (as Italy, in fact) and very much enjoying the AAR. Looking forward to more!
    I follow Paradox on Twitter and have Johan's photo on my phone for Twitter messages. I also follow the Pope. When the Pontiff tweets, I see the picture and lately I wonder "yes, but is Johan speaking ex cathedra?"
    Check out my Vicky2 AAR: Last Tango in 1.3 - An Argentine AAR Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky1/2 2011 (Round 3) - Completed
    Five for Fighting - A Canadian HoI3 AAR WritAAR of the Week (December 11th - December 18th, 2011) AAR Showcase Week of 6/17/12 - Completed

I just discovered this AAR, I really like it. I hope it's not abandoned (though it likely is)

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Fa113n1 View Post
    Very good progress so far!

I used this as inspiration and attempted something similar, which ended in complete failure: the Germans fought a stalemate with France along the Maginot/Siegfried lines, the British did not intervene in time, and the Yugoslavs (is it Yugoslavs or Yugoslavians?) were quickly overrun along with Italy in approximately a month.
    Welcome, Th3Fa113n1!

OOPS! This was my attempt to start feedback last night, but I didn't get to finish.

Essentially I wanted to say no, this isn't dead -- just waiting for me to finish writing a book. Should be done within a month or two, and I can start paying a little more attention over here on Paradox again!

Thanks for your patience!

Rensslaer
    Last edited by Rensslaer; 12-12-2011 at 20:16.
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Subscribed. Your AAR are so amazing!
    Bannerman for The Wheel of Time MOD

Quote Originally Posted by TheKaspa View Post
    Loving this AAR...First time commenter but Imperio Novo and Fire Warms are fantastic reads and I am totally hooked here.

WOW, that was some DOW !

the last time you asked Poland for an alliance, i expected you to GOI them when they turned you down. having followed as many of your AARs as i have, i expect you to win ! !
    B an 0:-), make someone happy, :-) GhostWriter :-)

"Freedom has many difficulties and democracy is not perfect, but we never had to put up a wall to keep our people in." . . . - John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Berlin, 1961

"Refusing to forgive is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." - not sure

thanks for the 6.10.10 update Valdemar ! ! : HOI1 *First Resistance* check it out ! !

HOI2 Cat War – Alternate USA AAR, By Amona ; discover this now ! !

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Okay, sorry this feedback is 7 months late! I think I'd tried twice before to do feedback, but both times I lost the text and all my responses, so I had to start all over. Once I'm done with Imperio Novo (5 updates in January alone) I'm going to turn my attention to this and Kriegsgefahr.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Fa113n1 View Post
    Very good progress so far!

I used this as inspiration and attempted something similar, which ended in complete failure: the Germans fought a stalemate with France along the Maginot/Siegfried lines, the British did not intervene in time, and the Yugoslavs (is it Yugoslavs or Yugoslavians?) were quickly overrun along with Italy in approximately a month.
    Wow! That sounds like an interesting game! Sorry it didn't work out. When did the war start? In my calculations, the earlier it starts, the better chance you have as Italy. Welcome, TheFallen!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybvep View Post
    A stalemate on the French-German border shouldn't be too difficult to achieve, because the frontline is quite short. I guess that even if Germany was at war with Poland, its potential would be so big that it would be able to at least stall you for a while and counter-attack after Poland is defeated. However, if the Balkan nations are in your camp, then it's a different story. It's not possible to cover EVERY front and I think that the AI would become confused. Even the player could find it difficult.

Regarding the effects of time - I think that you are correct. Germany has more IC, more MP, more LP, more of everything, which means that time works in their advantage, not yours. If they were threatened by the Soviets, then it would be different, but I doubt that Stalin is ready for his potential conquest of Europe.
    I agree -- the AI doesn't deal well with complicated conflicts (witness Imperio Novo!). The Soviets would be good to have in the game somehow, but I can't figure out how to bring them in (and Mussolini, btw, wouldn't want ANY situation that would allow the Soviets to gain power relative to the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Piktoonis View Post
    Rensslaer, to answer your question correctly:

War started jun 39', ended the next day of this screenshot. Although i had to spend 2 years cleaning balkans from German allies and puppets. It also was on HPP, so it CAN be done
    MOST excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by misterbean View Post
    Hmm... I'm not quite sure! That's something that has never come up. Theoretically, I don't think you have supply even if you do have access, and without supply you wouldn't be able to attack. Presumably that extends to support attacks too.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Passepartout View Post
    Poland probably had good reason to think the way it did, I suppose. Didn't want Germany to pounce too quickly. It does help us that you were willing to pounce first.
    Indeed. In a game/sim as complicated and detailed as HOI 3 I think timing has alot to do with every success or defeat -- I probably should have played that angle up more in the Strategy Guides!

Quote Originally Posted by eqqman View Post
    I think this is correct -- at least partly because of the supply, but there may be a hard-coded prohibition too.

Quote Originally Posted by JOR2010 View Post
    Thanks Rensslaer, I do also speak English, fortunately! I'm loving your bravery in taking on Germany when they're not even really engaged in any other theatre!

Per l'Italia, devi vincere! In bocca al lupo, Rensslaer.
    Thanks! I'm all for boldness, even though sometimes I does get me in trouble! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stuyvesant View Post
    Oh no, I don't think so. Rensslaer might be accused of being a little over-ambitious when it comes to running multiple concurrent AARs, but he finishes what he starts. It might've been quiet in 'Locarno' for a bit, but unless Renss himself calls it quits, I fully expect it will resume in the future. Now, when that future might come to pass... That is something only Renss knows.
    Quite right, Stuyvesant! You know I'm stubborn! Was this seriously begun in 2011, though??!! Wow -- I've lost track of time!

Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    Welcome, Loki! Great to have you on board! I was about to assume you had been following from the beginning (and maybe you have), but I see this is your first post. Just so used to seeing you elsewhere!

The book is still in 90% complete mode. Grr.... I'll finish it once I have time, and I'm trying to start a business right now, in addition to working a regular job, so once things settle down from all that I'll get back to the book editing project and hopefully get it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueLeprechaun View Post
    Nice idea for an AAR Rensslaer .

Will you be sending some of the Italian Fleet north to harass the Germans?

More please!
    Welcome, RogueLeprechaun! Thanks! Hmm... I hadn't really considered sending the fleet north. I could, but I wonder what good that would do. You're absolutely right -- it might help. I might be able to disrupt their supply lines, perhaps. I could even defeat some of their ships -- their navy is relatively small at this point. I'll have to look into that when I go back into the game. If you see me suddenly sortie the navy, you'll know you did it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilia View Post
    Just read through after having read your others AARs (except for your German one, that's next). I hope it's still going. Great reading, as always!
    Welcome, Nephilia! Great to see you here also! I'll keep it going! I'm not 100% confident of victory -- it's more an effort to find out if I can do it. Quite a challenge. But hopefully I can pull it off!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybvep View Post
    I hope that it's not dead. Ren's AARs are always so awesome!
    Thanks, Cybvep! That's very kind!

Quote Originally Posted by Dadarian View Post
    Just got into this AAR and now there is war, but than it ends. you are a terrible person for leaving us with such a cliffhanger.

Throughly enjoyable read though, looking forward to more.
    Not ended! Just on a really long hiatus! Sorry! Welcome, Dadarian! Thanks! And you should know that the cliffhanger is my trademark! lol

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentIII View Post
    Reading or writing?

Anyway, very much enjoying the AAR. Just got back into HoI3 (as Italy, in fact) and very much enjoying the AAR. Looking forward to more!
    Welcome, InnocentIII! Thanks for saying hello! Glad you're back into HOI 3 -- it's really my favorite, just because it tries so much and achieves most of it!

I'm writing the book... AND editing it... AND self-publishing it... It all just requires time. And there is very little supply of that these days. Time will come, though, and I'll get it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Archam View Post
    I just discovered this AAR, I really like it. I hope it's not abandoned (though it likely is)
    Welcome, Archam! Nope! Still going... Just really (really!) slow! Glad to have you along (hope you're still here!).

Quote Originally Posted by TheKaspa View Post
    Thanks, TheKaspa -- and Welcome! Sorry the feedback is so very late!

Quote Originally Posted by Stinnes View Post
    Loving this AAR...First time commenter but Imperio Novo and Fire Warms are fantastic reads and I am totally hooked here.
    Thanks, Stinnes! Welcome! So this is the other AAR where you've posted. Funny you just said hello in my other AAR this week! Glad you're here, and glad you've enjoyed my others too! Fire Warms is pretty daunting! Thanks for taking the time to read at least part of it!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostWriter View Post
    WOW, that was some DOW !

the last time you asked Poland for an alliance, i expected you to GOI them when they turned you down. having followed as many of your AARs as i have, i expect you to win ! !
    Thanks, Roy! Welcome! You have more confidence in me than I have so far... I believe it's POSSIBLE to win... I'm just not sure if I know the tricks to do it. And I think alot will depend on chance and timing. We'll see!

What's sure is that it will be a wild ride, and should be an entertaining AAR!

Thanks, everybody, for your kind comments! Anybody else out there just notice this and begin reading?

I'm hoping to be able to get around to more updates within a couple of months, but I can't promise anything (as you can see from the weird delays already!). For now, you're welcome to watch Imperio Novo, which is currently active and updating, or Kriegsgefahr, which is also on hiatus, but has more written and is frankly pretty interesting! I'm also updating Sforza!!! right now, which is in EU 3 and has entered the 18th Century finally (after 6 years lololol).

Then for the ambitious, there's always Fire Warms the Northern Lands, which is a narrative fiction work, spiced by historybook updates! Always happy for people to read that! Lots more where that came from while you're waiting! I'll be back as soon as I can.

Rensslaer

p.s. Oh, and before I forget -- these are the last couple days of voting! Can't vote for this one, obviously, and my others don't really qualify either -- but there's plenty of talent out there, and this is a great AARLand tradition, so go please participate and do honor for those great writers out there!

Last edited by Rensslaer; 30-01-2013 at 07:26.
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8