• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I forgot. if you have military access to, say, Switzerland, and you attack a provnice bordering it, could you support attack from there?

I forgot. if you have military access to, say, Switzerland, and you attack a provnice bordering it, could you support attack from there?

I don't know what the design intent is, but I've found that you cannot attack an enemy from a country you have military access with unless that country is also at war with your opponent.

I don't know what the design intent is, but I've found that you cannot attack an enemy from a country you have military access with unless that country is also at war with your opponent.

the mission I'm looking for is "support attack", gaining an extra 5 front and a combat bonus, in contrast to "attack" where you would advance.

Thanks Rensslaer, I do also speak English, fortunately! I'm loving your bravery in taking on Germany when they're not even really engaged in any other theatre!

Per l'Italia, devi vincere! In bocca al lupo, Rensslaer.

Oh no, I don't think so. Rensslaer might be accused of being a little over-ambitious when it comes to running multiple concurrent AARs, but he finishes what he starts. :) It might've been quiet in 'Locarno' for a bit, but unless Renss himself calls it quits, I fully expect it will resume in the future. Now, when that future might come to pass... That is something only Renss knows. ;)

Nice idea for an AAR Rensslaer :cool:.

Will you be sending some of the Italian Fleet north to harass the Germans?

More please! :D

Just got into this AAR and now there is war, but than it ends. :( you are a terrible person for leaving us with such a cliffhanger.

Throughly enjoyable read though, looking forward to more.

I think he said somewhere else that he was finishing off a book, so no doubt will be back when that particular task is over

Reading or writing?

Anyway, very much enjoying the AAR. Just got back into HoI3 (as Italy, in fact) and very much enjoying the AAR. Looking forward to more!

Very good progress so far!

I used this as inspiration and attempted something similar, which ended in complete failure: the Germans fought a stalemate with France along the Maginot/Siegfried lines, the British did not intervene in time, and the Yugoslavs (is it Yugoslavs or Yugoslavians?) were quickly overrun along with Italy in approximately a month.

Welcome, Th3Fa113n1!

OOPS! This was my attempt to start feedback last night, but I didn't get to finish.

Essentially I wanted to say no, this isn't dead -- just waiting for me to finish writing a book. Should be done within a month or two, and I can start paying a little more attention over here on Paradox again!

Thanks for your patience!

Rensslaer

Last edited:
WOW, that was some DOW !

the last time you asked Poland for an alliance, i expected you to GOI them when they turned you down. having followed as many of your AARs as i have, i expect you to win ! ! :excl:

Okay, sorry this feedback is 7 months late! I think I'd tried twice before to do feedback, but both times I lost the text and all my responses, so I had to start all over. Once I'm done with Imperio Novo (5 updates in January alone) I'm going to turn my attention to this and Kriegsgefahr.

Very good progress so far!

I used this as inspiration and attempted something similar, which ended in complete failure: the Germans fought a stalemate with France along the Maginot/Siegfried lines, the British did not intervene in time, and the Yugoslavs (is it Yugoslavs or Yugoslavians?) were quickly overrun along with Italy in approximately a month.

Wow! That sounds like an interesting game! Sorry it didn't work out. When did the war start? In my calculations, the earlier it starts, the better chance you have as Italy. Welcome, TheFallen!

A stalemate on the French-German border shouldn't be too difficult to achieve, because the frontline is quite short. I guess that even if Germany was at war with Poland, its potential would be so big that it would be able to at least stall you for a while and counter-attack after Poland is defeated. However, if the Balkan nations are in your camp, then it's a different story. It's not possible to cover EVERY front and I think that the AI would become confused. Even the player could find it difficult.

Regarding the effects of time - I think that you are correct. Germany has more IC, more MP, more LP, more of everything, which means that time works in their advantage, not yours. If they were threatened by the Soviets, then it would be different, but I doubt that Stalin is ready for his potential conquest of Europe.

I agree -- the AI doesn't deal well with complicated conflicts (witness Imperio Novo!). The Soviets would be good to have in the game somehow, but I can't figure out how to bring them in (and Mussolini, btw, wouldn't want ANY situation that would allow the Soviets to gain power relative to the West.

Rensslaer, to answer your question correctly:

War started jun 39', ended the next day of this screenshot. Although i had to spend 2 years cleaning balkans from German allies and puppets. It also was on HPP, so it CAN be done :D

MOST excellent! :)

Hmm... I'm not quite sure! That's something that has never come up. Theoretically, I don't think you have supply even if you do have access, and without supply you wouldn't be able to attack. Presumably that extends to support attacks too.

Poland probably had good reason to think the way it did, I suppose. Didn't want Germany to pounce too quickly. It does help us that you were willing to pounce first.

Indeed. In a game/sim as complicated and detailed as HOI 3 I think timing has alot to do with every success or defeat -- I probably should have played that angle up more in the Strategy Guides!

I think this is correct -- at least partly because of the supply, but there may be a hard-coded prohibition too.

Thanks Rensslaer, I do also speak English, fortunately! I'm loving your bravery in taking on Germany when they're not even really engaged in any other theatre!

Per l'Italia, devi vincere! In bocca al lupo, Rensslaer.

Thanks! I'm all for boldness, even though sometimes I does get me in trouble! lol :blush:

Oh no, I don't think so. Rensslaer might be accused of being a little over-ambitious when it comes to running multiple concurrent AARs, but he finishes what he starts. :) It might've been quiet in 'Locarno' for a bit, but unless Renss himself calls it quits, I fully expect it will resume in the future. Now, when that future might come to pass... That is something only Renss knows. ;)

Quite right, Stuyvesant! :D You know I'm stubborn! Was this seriously begun in 2011, though??!! Wow -- I've lost track of time!

I think he said somewhere else that he was finishing off a book, so no doubt will be back when that particular task is over

Welcome, Loki! Great to have you on board! I was about to assume you had been following from the beginning (and maybe you have), but I see this is your first post. Just so used to seeing you elsewhere!

The book is still in 90% complete mode. Grr.... I'll finish it once I have time, and I'm trying to start a business right now, in addition to working a regular job, so once things settle down from all that I'll get back to the book editing project and hopefully get it out there.

Nice idea for an AAR Rensslaer :cool:.

Will you be sending some of the Italian Fleet north to harass the Germans?

More please! :D

Welcome, RogueLeprechaun! Thanks! Hmm... I hadn't really considered sending the fleet north. I could, but I wonder what good that would do. You're absolutely right -- it might help. I might be able to disrupt their supply lines, perhaps. I could even defeat some of their ships -- their navy is relatively small at this point. I'll have to look into that when I go back into the game. If you see me suddenly sortie the navy, you'll know you did it! :D

Just read through after having read your others AARs (except for your German one, that's next). I hope it's still going. Great reading, as always!

Welcome, Nephilia! Great to see you here also! I'll keep it going! I'm not 100% confident of victory -- it's more an effort to find out if I can do it. Quite a challenge. But hopefully I can pull it off!

I hope that it's not dead. Ren's AARs are always so awesome!

Thanks, Cybvep! That's very kind! :)

Just got into this AAR and now there is war, but than it ends. :( you are a terrible person for leaving us with such a cliffhanger.

Throughly enjoyable read though, looking forward to more.

Not ended! Just on a really long hiatus! :blush: Sorry! Welcome, Dadarian! Thanks! And you should know that the cliffhanger is my trademark! lol

Reading or writing?

Anyway, very much enjoying the AAR. Just got back into HoI3 (as Italy, in fact) and very much enjoying the AAR. Looking forward to more!

Welcome, InnocentIII! Thanks for saying hello! Glad you're back into HOI 3 -- it's really my favorite, just because it tries so much and achieves most of it!

I'm writing the book... AND editing it... AND self-publishing it... It all just requires time. And there is very little supply of that these days. Time will come, though, and I'll get it out there.

I just discovered this AAR, I really like it. I hope it's not abandoned (though it likely is)

Welcome, Archam! Nope! Still going... Just really (really!) slow! :D Glad to have you along (hope you're still here!).

Subscribed. Your AAR are so amazing!

Thanks, TheKaspa -- and Welcome! Sorry the feedback is so very late!

Loving this AAR...First time commenter but Imperio Novo and Fire Warms are fantastic reads and I am totally hooked here.

Thanks, Stinnes! Welcome! So this is the other AAR where you've posted. Funny you just said hello in my other AAR this week! Glad you're here, and glad you've enjoyed my others too! Fire Warms is pretty daunting! Thanks for taking the time to read at least part of it!

WOW, that was some DOW !

the last time you asked Poland for an alliance, i expected you to GOI them when they turned you down. having followed as many of your AARs as i have, i expect you to win ! ! :excl:

Thanks, Roy! Welcome! You have more confidence in me than I have so far... I believe it's POSSIBLE to win... I'm just not sure if I know the tricks to do it. And I think alot will depend on chance and timing. We'll see!

What's sure is that it will be a wild ride, and should be an entertaining AAR! :D

Thanks, everybody, for your kind comments! Anybody else out there just notice this and begin reading?

I'm hoping to be able to get around to more updates within a couple of months, but I can't promise anything (as you can see from the weird delays already!). For now, you're welcome to watch Imperio Novo, which is currently active and updating, or Kriegsgefahr, which is also on hiatus, but has more written and is frankly pretty interesting! I'm also updating Sforza!!! right now, which is in EU 3 and has entered the 18th Century finally (after 6 years lololol).

Then for the ambitious, there's always Fire Warms the Northern Lands, which is a narrative fiction work, spiced by historybook updates! Always happy for people to read that! :D Lots more where that came from while you're waiting! I'll be back as soon as I can.

Rensslaer

p.s. Oh, and before I forget -- these are the last couple days of voting! Can't vote for this one, obviously, and my others don't really qualify either -- but there's plenty of talent out there, and this is a great AARLand tradition, so go please participate and do honor for those great writers out there!

Last edited: