• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(8575)

Captain
Apr 6, 2002
Visit site
Is there a guide to what buildings (marketplace or constable or both) should be built with what resource the province has? Meaning, is it a waist to build a marketplace in a province that produces iron?

Also, with colonies, does this change since you are getting tarrifs and not taxes till they core?

Just one correction. Whether a province is considered overseas has nothing to do with cores. If you have an overseas province, it's going to stay that way forever unless you move your capital.

Only manus are concerned with what resource is in their province, for other buildings it makes no difference. All that matters would be the total trade/production value of the province.

-Pat

I would be interested in anyones ideas on build order.

At the begining of the game I throw out production buildings (constables and workshops) for the tax benefits and docks for the production boost. Armories if I am playing a country with very low manpower (like Sweden). Late game obviously trade buildings become dominante. What does everyone do at the start of a GC?

Temple in capital always for the decision Gilded Iconography with Church Attendance Duty (if Christian). At least one, maybe two provinces with level 4 Naval buildings so you can make a larger, cheaper navy, faster. There is also no reason to not put at least level 4 (or 6) Production buildings in every province possible.

Other than that, I don't really see any general rules that haven't been said already.

The level 5 and 6 buildings give much stronger benefits than level 1-4 buildings, so I would advise to specialize provinces: it's much better to have 1 province with a level 6 building that 6 provinces with a level 1 building.

The Production line of buildings is especially good in CoT provinces, as these have very high tax income which is greatly boosted by the Production line.

The Army and Navy lines are surprisingly independend to location. Although it is a bit better to build Army buildings in high manpower provinces, it is far from required as most of the bonusses of the line do not depend on the province stats. The same for the Navy line: the main benefits of that line is reduced ship recruitment cost and increase naval force limit.

The Trade line is best for high value good provinces. However, its level 5 and 6 building bonusses have nationwide impact, so if you run out of space it is still worthwile to complete the Trade line in a wool province.

The Government line is quite weak and in general is only advisable to build in your capital to protect it against spies. Even then I would rather go for a level 6 Production building if the capital has a CoT and only go for level 4 in Government buildings.

Trade ones are merely useful only if you swim in money or you can build a lot of lvl 6 to boost trade income

Trade ones are merely useful only if you swim in money or you can build a lot of lvl 6 to boost trade income

The post office, marketplace and canal increase income from production, so even if you don't trade they improve your income. But who wouldn't want to trade? And the trade line helps immensily with trading. The trade line is one of the strongest of all the building lines.