+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ATAGE for Divine Wind

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

ATAGE for Divine Wind

I have been busy making a Divine Wind compatible version of my old Novus Natio Nationis mod. In the last version (for In Nomine) I incorporated the original ATAGE (Additional Titles And Governments Extension) mod to give the nations of the world government tiers and more realistic titles.

For the Divine Wind version I asked for and got permission from the wonderful Magna Mundi team to use their version of ATAGE.

As part of the permission I asked if I could also release it as a standalone mod, so others could use it in their mods, and this is it.

I have made my own tweaks and additions here and there and adapted events and decisions to remove a lot of Magna Mundi specific code but I must make it clear that this mod is based on their work and not an original idea.

ATAGE DW 3.0
    Link

List of Changes/Additions
    Governments split into four tiers and all countries assigned a new tier and title appropriate to them.
    A new government type of Imperial City.
    A new event that ranks countries based on their strength and new modifiers given to countries based on their ranked strength.
    New events that change a countries rank when they grow stronger or weaker.
    A new decision that allows countries to seek a higher title and events that deal with the reaction to the decision.
    Lots of culture specific Country and Ruler titles.
    Many other files changed to incorporate these changes.
    Burgundy Kingdom event changed to a decision.
    Iron Crown of Lombardy Decisions added. (Thanks to CJL78)
    New Rebel type of Secularists added.
    Imperial City status petitions.

The modifier that shows your power status

The event that you click to show countries ranks

The countries of the world ranked

The decision for seeking a higher title
    Last edited by SapientHomo; 07-09-2011 at 19:49.
    Current game:

ATAGE for Divine Wind -A standalone version of Magna Mundi's Government Ranks system.

Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis -A collection starring SRI, Dei Gratia, ATAGE and much more.

Aegean Crusade -Finish what the Fourth Crusade started.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Great initiative, another mod to be added to the MCP list.

Forgive me for asking, have you tried the EU3 validator?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I haven't tested the mod, but i had a similar problem of a CTD after 5 to 10 years with my own mod. It was some missing informations in some province files (provinces that had citysize but no owner). Also, i think the MEIOU team had a similar problem with the DW version of their mod, don't really know how they solved it, but maybe they can help.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

beat me to it Oorlog and yes I will be adding this to MCP. One question have they allowed for it to be used in other mods?
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Oorlog View Post
    Great initiative, another mod to be added to the MCP list.

Forgive me for asking, have you tried the EU3 validator?
    I haven't tried the validator. I forgot about that to be honest. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by dskod1 View Post
    beat me to it Oorlog and yes I will be adding this to MCP. One question have they allowed for it to be used in other mods?
    When I made my request to release this I said it was for the purpose of it being used within other mods because I wanted others to benefit from my work making it compatible, so yes.

BTW, once I have this working, I am more than willing to help integrate it into MCP as that will involve checking every event, decision and mission to make sure all the new government types are included.
    Last edited by SapientHomo; 23-04-2011 at 11:50.
    Current game:

ATAGE for Divine Wind -A standalone version of Magna Mundi's Government Ranks system.

Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis -A collection starring SRI, Dei Gratia, ATAGE and much more.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Ha Ha. Glad to have help. And good luck might I add. MCP has many of those

I am not planning on integrating any new mods until alot of bugs have been squashed though
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

The Validator helped me fix some issues with an event chain and the Mod is now working (I ran it for 50 years with no problem).

Version 1.0
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20257...AGE+DW+1.0.rar

Feel free to use this mod in your own but if you do please give credit to the Magna Mundi team too.
    Current game:

I am not 100% sure about this but I believe minor_holding was left out of the triggered_modifiers. It is in a different part of the file since it was not an original part of ATAGE and added by MM team (as far as I can tell). There are other files which note minor_holding so I am just assuming it was included in this version of ATAGE.

If any of that isn't the case, cool. I just noticed it while modding and thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't notice that I hadn't added the modifier for minor_holding. I'll upload a 1.1 and some screenshots later.
    Current game:

Version 1.1

Added the modifier for minor_holding and added ranks for the steppe_horde government and edited associated files.

Please can you look at the list of countries in the third screenshot and let me know if you think any nation is in the wrong rank.
    Last edited by SapientHomo; 27-04-2011 at 01:44.
    Current game:

Magna Mundi used religion groups to give suitable names for government types of different cultures but they added religion groups of their own. Religion groups also appear to override culture groups as I noticed that the Turkish Beyliks are shown as Emirates despite having their own localisation lines.

Another problem arises when nations are released as vassals as they do not end up with appropriate titles so I need to add localisation lines to cover every single government type to show their correct title when they are a vassal.

The Localisation fixes will take a lot of work to sort out and if anybody is willing to help do the work I would be most grateful. Please PM me if you can offer me some of your time.
    Current game:

Thanks to a non-forum friend in helping me sort out the localisation vassal government titles now appear as they should when released.

I've also fixed the errors I'd noticed with some culture/religion specific titles that arose from differences between the vanilla and Magna Mundi code.

I've also changed the rank of a few countries and added a few culture specific titles.

If anybody wants to suggest any culture specific government/monarch titles that would add more flavour to the mod please feel free to do so, the more the better!

I'd also like to hear from anybody that has managed to raise their rank, particularly if you have managed to raise Burgundy to a Kingdom when not the Emperor.
    Current game:

Version 2.1 is mainly localisation fixes. I have also made some bug fixes that were causing rulers to incorrectly be able to enact the Seek a Higher Title decision more than once. Now you have to wait for your ruler's death to try again. Please see Post 1 for link.
    Current game:

Uploaded a 2.2 with a major fix due to a missing bracket in cb_types.txt.

I've also added a few event tweaks that makes it impossible for countries to seek Kingdom or Empire level titles when their capital is within the HRE as was the historical reality.

I've also added a few more culture specific country titles.

Please keep helping me spot errors, suggesting tweaks and suggesting more culture specific country titles.
    Current game:

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Europa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yay, thank you (and the MM team) so much for this!

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club

How do I seek a higher title? I am not getting the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by xcrissxcrossx View Post
    How do I seek a higher title? I am not getting the decision.
    You can not become a Kingdom or Empire if you a member of the HRE and the decision will not show. The decision will not show if you are a subject either.

What country are you playing?

What is your current rank?

What is your power modifier? ( Minor Holding, Small State, Medium Power, Major Power, Great Power).
    Current game:

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club

I am playing as Brittany. I am a major power but a lesser feudal monarchy. It won't let me upgrade.

Also I noticed, I really like the mod but it makes AI blobbing a problem. The most powerful countries are just getting more powerful and in my game, England has taken all of France (besides Brittany), Spain has taken all of Iberia, Timurids have taken half of Ming, and so on. It is fun currently, but ahistorical.

Could you by any chance upload a save game for me? I can see what your problem might be and if it is due to a coding error.

Edited to say that having checked the uploaded files for errors I discovered two incorrect lines.
    In the decision file called ranks .txt there was an error in the Become Kingdom and Become Empire decisions.

The line
    NOT = { capital_scope = hre }
    should say
    capital_scope = { hre = no }
    I'm not sure how that error slipped in to the uploaded files as I'd corrected it on the version on my computer.

I will fix this when I upload a version of the mod for the new beta patch today or tomorrow.

Uploading a save can still help me to try and rebalance the mod. The Magna Mundi modifiers I used were balanced for HTTT and they are either no longer balanced in DW or the other Magna Mundi modifiers I didn't used balance them out.
    Last edited by SapientHomo; 14-05-2011 at 15:25.
    Current game:

I would but my game is heavily modded, you wouldn't be able to open it. I believe it is because with the ranks, the strong get stronger and the weak get taken over by the strong.
    Here's a picture of England 50 years into the game though.
    Last edited by xcrissxcrossx; 14-05-2011 at 16:30.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast