• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
First of all we would like to thank each and everyone of you who submitted contest entries! After a very difficult selection process we are really happy to announce the winner to the "Create your own Map" contest. But even if you were not selected you should still read on as there's something in here for everyone.

This is what the devs had to say:
"We were super happy to receive many maps of such high quality. There has obviously been a lot of effort and time put into the maps. The competition was fierce and we had a very difficult task of choosing the winner. We looked for innovation and creativity as well as interestingplayability and visual style fitting the year the map is played in."

And now for the winner...drumroll please...Congratulations Ciproflox !! and winning map Kapalla.

Ciproflox describes his map:

"Kapalla v.1.4

* Population: originally 7000, now 9000+
* Time spent editing: 90 hours +

Kapalla is a medium sized, fictional project, with emphasis on both detailed and varied landscapes. It features many custom content (within the editor's possibilities) such as a kart track, a state penitentiary, a castle hotel or vineyards and a lot more to discover."

Jury Motivation:
"The map is original in so many ways, the dried river with junk made us laugh out loud! Every time we look at the map we find something new. The creator has found new ways to use the map editor and the map is high on detail, interesting and fun to play! Excellent map and the winner in this tough crowd."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Place: caveman1947 with Rivercity

Jury Motivation:
"The creator has put a lot of effort in this map and it shows. Versatile
and of good quality, Rivercity was one of the most impressive maps in this
competition."

3rd Place: stevebone with Bucharest

"Bucharest map is definitely one of the most realistic maps in the competition. Unfortunately the map lacks the finest detailing to win, but this one is surely worth mentioning."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out all the maps here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...st-your-Cities-in-Motion-maps-here!-(contest)

We were so impressed by all entries that each individual who has submitted maps will receive the next "un-announced" DLC to release for Cities in Motion. You don't have to do anything, you will receive a code via PM here on the forum when the DLC has released.

Our winner will need to contact me susana.meza @ paradoxplaza.com to claim your grand prize of the trip. We will also send a signed boxed copy of Cities in Motion to our 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize winners. Please e-mail me your postal addresses so the team can send it.

Thanks again all for participating, we really enjoyed seeing what you were capable of!

Last edited:
Thank you for publishing the results so quickly! Naturally I am disappointed that I didn't make even the third spot with my efforts, especially with all the effort put on terraforming, but then again my entry was quite far from completion, really :(

Not having played Kapalla yet, only seen screenshots so far, I still thought it would be difficult to beat those efforts. Seemed like a certain winner in my books. Have tried playing Bucharest during the last couple of days and it seemed like a huge project with street names and everything. Something I missed in it was a bit more of terraforming, perhaps.

Definitely did like the contest and would like to see similar happening also in the future; something that proves that both Paradox and Colossal care about the community. I personally thought that it was a good idea not to allow any mods to be used. For eventual future competitions I would like to see perhaps 20-30 days to work on one's submission and that the map has to be worked on only during the competition periods. So no advantage for anyone already working on a map.

The prize for this competition seemed great, although if it means that valuable prizes make these kind of compos occur more rarely, then I would rather see other motivating prizes. Maybe something such as having your map based on a real city included in CIM 2/a future DLC with maps and new buildings + of course a DLC download code for the best map/maps.

There's not much to say about this competition anymore, it is over and the votes are calculated. What I've seen the other maps, I personally thought a bit different result would occur but I'm not a judge (afaik).

Congrats everyone, it was a good competition and the maps I've seen looked great!

I think this is a great way to have people make some effort into their maps and contributions to the community. The prizes are out of this world!! :) I'd expect something like "choose any of these games" or so, but this really makes it worth the effort.

Oh my god! This is incredible! I gotta admit, that came unexpected, so many detailled, larger and far better playable maps joined the competition, that I didn't expect my chances to be very high.

I'm happy! :) :)

43 views and no comments? What do you think? Do you agree with the Jury? :) Did you like the contest and its prize? Should we do more stuff like this?

Kind regards
Susana

Is not like the community's opinion matters! It was the jury that made the decision and i guess you want see if they are in agreement with what people's choices were!

Congrats to the winner!

I'm happy with the contest. A lot of new maps were created for it. I have Colossal and Paradox in the right side of my chest.

For Ciproflox, congratulations. Definitely deserve it. Your creativity is amazing.
The 2nd and 3rd I still need to play the maps.

Very good to know that a new DLC is coming.
I would like to see a contest for Mods. Some are really impressive.
Also could make the contest based on votes, so the community will choose the best. No need to create a platform for it, just use Google Moderator.

Thank you for the 2. place.

My english ist to bad to express my pleasure complete.
I'm not sad about the ranking, the better map is winning !

If I had to make a selection about the destination I choose Helsinki of course.
I have traveled Finland for three times (from the furthest north - coming form Nordkap via Inari, Rovaniemi to the south to Savonlinna and Helsinki). This country is amazing !

Best regards to Susana and the whole team

Congratulations to the winners. This was a fantastic contest. I can't think of a prize more interesting then this one.

I hope the winner is going to document his trip with pictures and possibly an AAR. :)

That was a great contest ! I did not get enought time and I was pretty sure that the others maps were better! But still, it's nice for the DLC ! May we get a clue about what this will be ? :p

I hope the winner is going to document his trip with pictures and possibly an AAR. :)

Great idea, I'll suggest it!

Lots of good ideas in here for contests and feedback in general, very useful for us as we plan other activities down the road so many thanks for that.

You should toss in a t-shirt or a baseball cap and get some free advertising abroad from the trip.

And definitely keep doing contests like these when the opportunity arises - they bring out the best in the community. :)

Just saw this, and it was great. Generates new maps for users, gives winners prizes, and publicity for CM. Very nice idea. I don't see them doing this over at the CIV V site:rolleyes: