• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
really well deserved...not only an excellent AAR but beautifully presented as well. Congratulations eqqman! (and hurry back from whatever the heck you're doing).

Congrats eqqman!

I have been remiss in handing this award onto a worthy successor. My apologies for that.

Some AAR worthy of this award qualify due to their particularly well edited, beautiful screens. But I like to think that eqqman's LIFE in the Trenches: 1936 Xibei San Ma offers even more. His well chosen pictures present a beautiful collage of life and war in the 1930ies and 1940ies. His texts, historical photographs and screens fit together to form a tale worthy of a novel and a true work of art.

Congrats and may you find the time to continue this AAR when your son is sound asleep. :)

great choice, eqqman is indeed offering a masterclass in combining real life and ingame images to drive his narrative forward.

good to see you back as well.

Just to keep the records straight, I'll log this as being passed on for september so Eqqman can bask in the glow till 1 october

really well deserved...not only an excellent AAR but beautifully presented as well. Congratulations eqqman! (and hurry back from whatever the heck you're doing).

Congrats, eqqman!

Congrats eqqman!

Bravo, eqqman! Nicely done!

Congratulations, eqqman!

Thank you all! I'm quite surprised by the award since the amount of `pure` art I need to put into LIFE is minimal, but if you're making a case that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, then I certainly won't argue!

The hospital had us bring our little guy home on August 16th, which was still 3 weeks ahead of his due date:

IMG_2149.jpg

He's doing well but hasn't taken to his crib yet, so he cries a lot if we're not holding him. I said to my wife we probably need to cut him some slack on that score since technically he still shouldn't be out yet. Her parents have come in and will be staying with us for several months so that will be helping a lot.

When I started the AAR I had anticipated possibly finishing LIFE late in 2012, but now I am wondering if even being done in 2013 will be a possibility. I still have hopes that if we can get settled into a routine of sorts I will find some time in there to write... your patience has certainly been appreciated!

If, for AAR's sake, you consider 'art' to be the stuff that embellishes a story - images, maps, video, etc., then I think that the collection of period photos and newsreel footage that you have put together for your AAR certainly qualifies as art. :) It really enhances the story being told. So congratulations on a well-deserved award!

Take your time with the AAR, Real Life always trumps AAR life and you have a pretty extreme case of it, anyway. We'll be waiting when you have the time.

PS: Nice piece of 'art' included in your response. ;) Your son is looking very well in that picture - hope my inexpert assessment is accurate.

Congrats on the award and on the safe homecoming of your little one. I hope everything works out nicely. :)

Thanks again to the community for supporting me for this award. I still hope to be able to get back into writing again (which I've said before, I know!). Our son is up to 10 lbs. now after having a birth weight of 1 lb. 14.3 oz.

I've been gently reminded that it is time to pass the torch along. This is one of those times when the new winner comes to mind instantly with no second thoughts required-

*drum roll*

Congratulations to robw963 for his brilliant America Saves the World!. For those who don't lurk in the HOI forums, this AAR makes good use of imagery replicating the propaganda artwork of the 1940s- so much so that you would easily be fooled into thinking it was actually produced during the war (only the humor gives it away). I would encourage everyone to browse through and give it a look even if WWII isn't your thing. Of course, the fact that it is also well-written is icing on the cake.

Congratulations rob963!

Last edited:
Now I don't really read many HOI AARs since I don't like the games (and in eqqman's words WWII isn't my thing if something history related isn't), but holy smokes that looks impressive. I just might have to make an exception. :D

So, congrats robw963, exceptionally well done!

In terms of graphics, we all pale in comparison to robw963. :) Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much eqqman! I know your most important priority right now is the new boy you've brought into the world, so I'm doubly appreciative that you took time out to hand off this award. I'm really happy to see that he's gaining weight quickly, 1-1/2 lbs is a rough way to start out!

It's a good feeling to be recognized for doing something I enjoy making. Thanks to everyone who's cheered me on. I'm already starting to shortlist candidates for the award handoff in November, so please feel free to PM me if anyone has a candidate they feel deserves some recognition. Until then, I'll enjoy basking in the glow :)

Many congratulations robw963 for the great propaganda posters (I thought they were true until reading eqq's post xD), the animated gifs creating a school in AARing, and most importantly for the insane amount of detail, all the calculations and for finding a way to represent it.

Thanks very much again to eqqman, I enjoyed my month in the sun. :)
but now it's time to pass this forward.

I like detail and lots of it. It's why I play these games in the first place. I see plenty of detail in AARs from MM, TheBromgrev, Hardradi and tommylotto and many more. But one person has stuck out to me for awhile now. I'd like to award AARtist of the Month to Nicegil for the work shown in his HOI AAR: Panzer, MaaAARsch ! An (almost) historical AAR

In that AAR you'll find lots of detail, custom made charts, ambient imagery, diagrams, battleplans along with multi-lingualism and a passion for illustrating the history of events of World War 2. I like immersive and Nicegil dishes up plenty of that.

Nicegil, enjoy your month!

Congrats Nicegil, well deserved!

Status
Not open for further replies.