• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations, TM! Can't think of anyone who has been more consistent about working at his graphics!

Last edited:
Congratulations, TM! I, like many, am in awe of your graphics prowess! :)

Congratulations TM!, I hadn't seen your AAR, but wow, its beautiful :)

...and congrats to Issac-Wolfe and Mr Capitalist for the new award

Thank you once again everyone. :)

OK - it took me a while to choose next AARtist of the Month, but in the end I decided to nominate AllmyJames for his The Star of New Orleans - A Louisiana AAR. Not only is it interesting, unique and well researched alternate history setup, but it also uses an excellent style of XIXth century newspaper.

Congratulations AllmyJames! :)

Congratulations to all of the staff at the New Orleans Star.

Congratulations AllmyJames! I have throughly enjoyed your AAR and the graphics are indeed excellent!

Congratulations AllMyJames!

One of the most unique and memorable AARs on the board, to be sure, and mostly due to the graphics decisions you made.

Congratulations Allmyjames!

The New Orleans Star continues to brighten up mornings when actual news depresses!

Congratulations AllmyJames! :)

Why thank you kindly, sirs! I feel proud to be following in your footsteps, thrashing, and I'm working on an update as we speak to quench the cries for MOAR!

It's been fun writing a different style of AAR, especially trying to capture the period feel of a 19th-century newspaper. I have made some concessions, like including pictures and modifying the format to make it more reader-friendly. Some of those early newspapers are nothing more than long columns of text.
I originally conceived the idea as a way to condense my AAR writing into small digestible chunks, but I'm constantly finding it a struggle to fit each update into a single front page!
For those who are curious, I write and arrange my updates in MS word, and then publish them to Adobe Acrobat. Thence I can convert the PDF to an image file, and put the finishing touches (like the background texture) in photoshop. It's a little more awkward than I'd like, but I enjoy the results, and I hope you do too!

Now I need to start looking for other successors!

Status
Not open for further replies.