• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My God, how did I manage to win this one? :p

Nevertheless I thank Marshall18 for the nomination and also thank everyone who has read and commented on my AAR thus far, and to those of you who were kind enough to express your thanks earlier in this thread. I do have a nominee ready and waiting for next month, but I think I'll wait a few hours until it's actually October before revealing my choice. Stay tuned :)

Thanks for the congratulations aldriq, and for the double congratulations Belgiumruler! (yes, congratulate me twice you did. ;)) Unfortunately i don't have all that much time to write up an elaborate handover, so let's cut to the chase and name our next nominee before this award goes stale and cold as so many other have becoem in the not-too-distant past. ;)

Finding a worthier recipient than myself was not at all difficult, I must say. Unlike the Weekly AAR Showcase, I do not feel that the AARtist of the Month awards should be tied down to any particular AAR, but should instead serve to commemorate the artistic work present in all the recipients AARs, similar to how the WritAAR of the Week award is meant to work in theory. Having said that though, I did not choose my successor so much on the back of his artistic work present within his own AARs, but for his artistic works present in the AARs of others (for instance, his designing the banner for Belgiumruler's Portuguese AAR), and indeed present in AARland as a whole. (serving as he does, as chief graphical designer for the AARlander magazine)

Hence, I appoint Gen. Marshall as October's AARtist of the Month, not for work in in any one particular AAR, but for artistic services to AARland as a whole. Congrats! :)

My warmest congratulations to you, Gen! Sadly, I don't have time for verse (there just was none to rehearse...) so I hope you will not mind if I skip it out this time. That said, prose instead is easier read. ;)

You couldn't pick a better choice Thanzang, actually I suggest him to make a full galery of Marshall famous banners, he designed most of my banners :p So, finally you got the awAARd personal AARtist, I must say, CONGRATZ!

You couldn't pick a better choice Thanzang, actually I suggest him to make a full galery of Marshall famous banners, he designed most of my banners :p So, finally you got the awAARd personal AARtist, I must say, CONGRATZ!

I think as time marches forward, the practise of artists making banners and other graphics for authors other than themselves will become more and more common. Not all of us can be Saithises or MondoPotatoes! :)

I think as time marches forward, the practise of artists making banners and other graphics for authors other than themselves will become more and more common. Not all of us can be Saithises or MondoPotatoes! :)

Or Tanzhang (譚張)s ;)

Oh, my! Thanks a very lot, Tanzhang, for giving me the awAARd I perhaps value most (And yet another two awAARds at a time ;))!

While I'd like to say a lot more right now (That's British for "I can't think of anything else to say"), perhaps it is more fitting for this thread that I shamelessly leak the new banner of the upcoming AARlander - which you can expect to be published within a week's time...

AARbanner31_zps3033857d.jpg

(Yes, that did say "Paradox book review". Misterbean is going to be reviewing Secret Master's strategy guide/book!)

Could I possibly get you to quickly change "12" to "Twelve"? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.