• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever send 2x the charm knew what they were talking about.
Ive been asked to nominate for a second time, in Cubie_Hole's stead.
Last I heard from Cubie, he was stuck with Gary Busey, in a place of sex, women, alcohol and debaunchary.

So after reviewing a few new AARs, against some of the ones I read whenever I get some time I hereby nominate.... Loki100 & Narwhal for their efforts on:

Burning Down the Houses: The War of 1812
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?575024-Burning-down-the-Houses-The-War-of-1812

The Ageod/Pdx France game: A Birth of America II: Wars in America 1750-1815

If I ever clone myself I will play this and Pride of Nations

well very many thanks, I think its more deserved for Narwhal's part of the AAR than mine and it helps that the base game map is so atmospheric.

And I'd encourage everyone to give WiA a go, its probably the most accessible of the AGEOD games, with relatively limited forces and a huge continent to *ahem" burn down as you go ...

Well, thank you a lot !

I am pretty happy with my pictures, it is true, but the game is actually beautiful on its own : beautiful map, nice drawing, and all the faces of the leaders.

Just don't read whatever I write, as it is spoilt by the bad English.

Last edited:
Congratulations, gentlemen! As I said in the thread itself, you both do a great job of combining the imagery of screenshots with very informative texts (and arrows, come to think of it - they really help get a sense for the main thrusts). Well done!

Congratulations! A good use of screenshots to tell the story.

Nice choice! Congratulations, Loki100 & Narwhal :)

Congratulations Loki and Narwhal!

thanks to everyone for their best wishes. My co-winner is absent from the forums at the moment (he claims work but the truth is he's getting a real beating in a rematch ... hah), so I'll do the honours but based on a conversation we had. Its really difficult not least there are authors such as Rensslaer who I really admire for their graphical skills simply on their ability to convey a lot of complex information with clearly set out images.

Anyway, after a bit of a chat it came down to a choice between Bornego's sumptious, and just finished, The Swans head north but we wanted to shift it from the AGEOD sub-forum, equally Chris Taylor consistently marries brilliant writing with superb images in Porta Atlanticum, Portus Classis.

However, for sheer visual imagery, imagination and skill, its has to be Selzro's latest V2 AAR: Subcontinental Subtleties, an AAR that raises the cartoon style of narrative to new heights.

So, your aartist of the month ... Selzro

now the reason I'm doing this a day early is of course to urge everyone to put in some votes to the ACA awards ... not sure when Mr C's 1 Feb starts but I guess you've not got long to complete your ballot forms.

Wow, I hadn't noticed that AAR before. It is a true work of art. A very well deserved winner. Congrats Selzro!

And thanks for the honourable mention, loki. :)

Many thanks! :) This being an experimental AAR, I am pleased that it has met with such success so far. I hope I may be able to exceed its current standard of quality in the future, as I continue to accumulate experience.

Congratulation to you, Selzro. Be sure that the decision of Loki100 and I is collective and taken at the unaminity !

As for Bornego - you were the strongest contender, but we did not want to keep the AARtist of the month in the AGEOD subforum. Needs to flow through. I am pretty it will come back to you quite soon, though.

Congratulations Selzro, it was only a matter of time before you won, if only for Delip's dream sequence alone!

Congratulations, Selzro!

Congratulations! :)

Very nice choice. Congratulations, Selzro!

Status
Not open for further replies.