+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dei Gratia for DW

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianMolina View Post
    You can not use vanilla DW, Scocou?

Okay, I managed to put it to the DW vanilla.
    Yeah should work fine, but you need to change a few things and add the artwork from the archive in post 1.

@Keinwyn;

OK I finished the second one, so now both the Curia and HRE windows use the correct DG artwork.

See >this post< on previous page for the files.

Note that mod\Dei Gratia\gfx\interface\hre_bg.pdn isn't referenced, hence should be safe to exclude from your archive. (I have no idea what it is...?)

:edit: OK the .PDN file is an old version of the vanilla HRE background in Paint.net image format - definitely scrap.
    Last edited by Scocou; 25-08-2011 at 00:11.
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Nice work on the Dei Gratia artwork, Scocou. I do prefer the vanilla graphics, though, so I'll stick to that. Still, awesome work and fantastic skill you have, I'm sure lots of people will like the "new" graphics!
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    Nice work on the Dei Gratia artwork, Scocou. I do prefer the vanilla graphics, though, so I'll stick to that. Still, awesome work and fantastic skill you have, I'm sure lots of people will like the "new" graphics!
    LOL... you're too kind To be honest I like the vanilla better also, but used this to give my collection a bit more character. Unless I'm mistaken, these were originally In Magna Mundi, no?
    Cheers
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Quote Originally Posted by Scocou View Post
    LOL... you're too kind To be honest I like the vanilla better also, but used this to give my collection a bit more character. Unless I'm mistaken, these were originally In Magna Mundi, no?
    Cheers
    No idea where they come from, they were part of the original DG, but I don't know where dharper got them from.

I have a problem, I tried out the mod today, and I have two graphics errors:

There are no religious symbols, neither on the map, nor on the country selection screen:

There is no background in the country menus (none of them):

Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

No idea where they come from, they were part of the original DG, but I don't know where dharper got them from.

I have a problem, I tried out the mod today, and I have two graphics errors:

There are no religious symbols, neither on the map, nor on the country selection screen:

There is no background in the country menus (none of them):
    Now that I can help with This isn't really my turf, but I'm sure the fellows won't mind me butting in here Give me a few minutes to pull up some references...

:edit:

you are missing the graphical assets from the DG package.

The religious icons are from mod\Dei Gratia\gfx\interface\icon_religion.dds & icon_religion_small.dds.

The domestic panel backgrounds are also found in mod\Dei Gratia\gfx\interface\ and are named domestic*.dds, there are several.

I would suggest you extract a fresh DG directory from the archive, ensuring you have correctly installed the assets from the gfx\interface\ directory.

There's an outside chance something is goofy with your .mod file, but one would need to purposefully try to bork it up...

Meaning you'd need to alter the extend = "gfx" entry, which would also result in other missing graphics as well.

Almost certainly not the case here... although actually it does appear as though your modifier icons are also absent.

Try to adjust your install according to the above, then let me know if you have any further problems and I'll try to help
    Last edited by Scocou; 27-09-2011 at 21:53.

It's a fresh download/install from the first post upload to the forums, but I'll look into it tonight, when I'm at my gaming PC. Thanks for your help!

--

It's a fresh download/install from the first post upload to the forums, but I'll look into it tonight, when I'm at my gaming PC. Thanks for your help!
    NP, I'm fairly certain the issue is as I describe. Oddly, it's not the first time I've seen reports of inexplicably absent DG graphic assets, it happened to one of my OSC fellows too. Was an easy fix, but remains a mystery... (?)
    Last edited by Scocou; 28-09-2011 at 18:32.

Sooo... the suspense is killing me Any luck?

I'm usually a lurker around these parts, but as far as the vanishing domestic panel and religious icons go I was having the same problem and so decided to look at my domesticpanel.gfx file.

The file directs the graphics to specifically be in "mod//Dei Gratia//gfx//interface" which means that, if like me, you didn't place Dei Gratia in your mod folder and instead have named it something else or have added DG to a personal mod or the main game the domesticpanel.gfx file is effectively pointing the game to a non-existent directory.

My fix was to remove "mod//Dei Gratia//" from these locations. Everything shows up just fine.

Also, my apologies if I've overstepped my bounds here.

Quote Originally Posted by jbstuff View Post
    I'm usually a lurker around these parts, but as far as the vanishing domestic panel and religious icons go I was having the same problem and so decided to look at my domesticpanel.gfx file.

The file directs the graphics to specifically be in "mod//Dei Gratia//gfx//interface" which means that, if like me, you didn't place Dei Gratia in your mod folder and instead have named it something else or have added DG to a personal mod or the main game the domesticpanel.gfx file is effectively pointing the game to a non-existent directory.

My fix was to remove "mod//Dei Gratia//" from these locations. Everything shows up just fine.

Also, my apologies if I've overstepped my bounds here.
    I would take it as a given if you don't install in the correct directory structure things will break.

Yes repairing the file path is the proper way to fix this.

In safferli's case it seems we'll never know, as he didn't bother to respond.

Sorry, sorry! I only frequent the user mod forums seldom. And I started my new AAR (not using DG), so I didn't check to be honest. As I only boot into Windows when playing games, I actually can't check these things quickly... a reboot is so tedious I'll have a look at what fixed it for me when I boot into Windows next. But I'm pretty sure I didn't rename anything and installed the mod as it was supposed to.

So: a little suspense, for some time longer

--

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldLost Empire - ImmortalsPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 Beta
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I discovered an "error" in DG_Papal_Sponsor: event 551543 has a wrong id of 55543. Not major as it works, but keeps things more organised.

Also, my game crashes because of the "tradegoods=silver" in the trigger of event 551601 in DG_Papacy. By commenting this line, the game works fine. Try firing this event manually and check if the game crashes like it did to me.

There are also missing localisations, I'll go back to indicate where.

EDIT1: In event 551642 in DG_Papacy the option names are assigned to the one of event 551640 (the localisation for the second option is missing) when in the localisation files there are names for 5515642, so instead of option EVTOPTA551640 and EVTOPTB551640 in this event it should be EVTOPTA551642 and EVTOPTB551642

EDIT2: In DG_Papal_Sponsor In event 551539 there was a problem as option B called event 55305 which doesn't exist. I'm pretty sure it should call event 550306.
    Similarly, event 551557's B option called event 55978, which doesn't exist, it should be 55178.

Here I upload the files with these corrections. Note that I changed some of these event to their correct name (e.g. 55177 -> 551077) although they were working correctly.

DG_corrections_31_10_2011.rar
    Last edited by Camara; 31-10-2011 at 17:57.
    Terra Universalis II
    For EU IV
    Another kind of whole world mod
    Magna Terra
    For EU Rome VV
    The way to be Imperator of all the Old World
    Umbra Spherae
    For Crusader Kings II
    Expand your faith and realm into all the Old World

Is there a version for HttT too?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    This seems to be a great mod (adaptation to DW
    DW). Has it maintained dharper's focus and in and claim of easy export in parts?
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

Quote Originally Posted by AKronblad View Post
    This seems to be a great mod (adaptation to DW
    DW). Has it maintained dharper's focus and in and claim of easy export in parts?
    It's not really changed at all Ak, just "ported" to reliable functionality under the DW binaries. Some stuff works, others doesn't (rare). Same mod though Dude.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scocou View Post
    It's not really changed at all Ak, just "ported" to reliable functionality under the DW binaries. Some stuff works, others doesn't (rare). Same mod though Dude.
    Ok, thanks, Scocou! And thanks for looking into this for me!
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

I figured I'd ask here, since this thread is more current and this port is apparently the same as the original in most aspects, even though I am using the DG built into Magna Mundi.

I'm mostly just asking briefly how this mod works concerning converting minorities peacefully. I see province event 591025 seems to be the one that actually performs the conversion, but it's triggered only and I don't see what actually causes it to be triggered. Also some variable called "converted_heathens" seems to be important and it needs to have a value of 8 in order for 591025 to have any effect on the province, but I have no idea what actually raises it to 8.

Blog Entries
    I've been looking into the code and have a question on one of the variables: "clergy_mood".

It seems that it is changed very often (through change_variable) but in no case at all (that I could find, at least) the variable is checked (check_variable).

What does the "clergy_mood" variable actually do?

Blog Entries
    Hi again. Another question on the code, this time the "seize_control_of_curia" Decision in DG_catholic.txt in Decision folder.

This Decision does the set_country_flag = independent_pope for PAP, but the country being the CURIA CONTROLLER, i.e., having has_country_flag = curia_controller, first get such flag cleared (clr_country_flag = curia_controller) on line 912, AND THEN on line 914 gets it set again, set_country_flag = curia_controller.

this latest set_country_flag = curia_controller must be bug though. Right? Shouldn't PAP becoming independent(_pope) result in that no other country being the curia_controller?

200k clubCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

hi AKronblad,
    after dharpers comeback for modding EU4 - esp. this very fine mod, i want to suggest to ask himself.
    he is the creator and the mastermind behind this mod. this thread was only started for adaption of his work for EU3-DW after he quit some times ago.
    EU4-MOD:
    HaREM: Heirs and Rulers Education Mod (English & German)

Deutsch statt Paradoxisch?
    -> Besseres Deutsch fr EU IV: Community-Deutschkorrektur
    -> Besseres Deutsch fr EUIII (inkl. Erweiterungen): Deutsch_0.4, Deutsch_IN_v3.00, Deutsch_HttT_v4.10 oder Deutsch_DW_v5.17
    -> Besseres Deutsch fr EU:ROME und EU:R Vae Victis / ROME:Gold: EUR_deutsch_v1.1 oder EUR_deutsch_v2.34
    -> Besseres Deutsch fr Victoria II: VIC2_DeutschKorrektur v0.16, AHD_DeutschKorrektur v2.05 und HoD_DeutschKorrektur v3.02
    -> Besseres Deutsch fr Sengoku: Sengoku_DeutschKorrektur v0.30

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast